Is Carey Price overrated in the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
One bad game does not make a goalie's career (well, unless he's Lalime). Sens have been doing a great job getting screens set up and Montreal isn't doing a lot to help Price on that front.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
We don't need to discuss any more about this series as it's not going to be going past game 6.

The Sens got further than they imagined they would, partly due to a slew of sloppy plays by some players on the Habs.

That's all there is to it.

This is the most boring series I've ever watched. I just want the Habs to move on to a more exciting team.

lol dear god.

Please do this reverse sweep Sens. Please.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
We don't need to discuss any more about this series as it's not going to be going past game 6.

The Sens got further than they imagined they would, partly due to a slew of sloppy plays by some players on the Habs.

That's all there is to it.

This is the most boring series I've ever watched. I just want the Habs to move on to a more exciting team.

Convince yourself yet?

syc

Aug 25, 2003
Not Europe
Visit site
This thread makes me want Detroit to face Montreal even more

I think every team would love to face the Habs in the next round. They couldn't score in the regular season and it's gotten even worse in the tight checking playoffs. Shocking I know, who would've thought that would happen. lol

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
I said it in our Series thread and I'll say it again: Most Sens fans are just happy to be here. We made the playoffs by the skin of our teeth after our small market club worked its butt off with an unbelievable late-season run. We're happy we didn't get swept. All of this is just gravy at this point.

I'm super proud of my team and my city.

Habset

Feb 21, 2008
Montreal
Price was brutal last game, one of his worst this season. The rest of the games he was not really bad though.

Gabe84

Bring back Bonk!
Feb 13, 2007
Montreal, QC
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1880123

I said it in our Series thread and I'll say it again: Most Sens fans are just happy to be here. We made the playoffs by the skin of our teeth after our small market club worked its butt off with an unbelievable late-season run. We're happy we didn't get swept. All of this is just gravy at this point.

I'm super proud of my team and my city.

We'll see what happens, but if they don't advance to the next round, making a push for tonight's game is already a big win for the organisation. The extra money from 3 playoff games is a difference maker in the current state of the Sens' market.

Swarez

Mar 10, 2011
Isn't price lights out after a big loss? A couple gambling friends always go heavy on Price the game after he gets shelled.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Price was brutal last game, one of his worst this season. The rest of the games he was not really bad though.

Apart from the 1st goal, I didn't think he was that bad.

You can't stop what you can't see. Price has been great this series. He is the reason it isnt over right now.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Aren't his career numbers in the playoffs pretty mediocre?

They are, but they are also rather disingenuous. Price was rushed into the league far too young and struggled mightily, especially when he was anointed the next Patrick Roy at 20. I'd say 2011 or 2012 is when he firmly began establishing himself, both good and bad.

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
I don't think he's rattled at all. He stops every shot he can track, but the ones getting by are the ones he can't see. That's got to be frustrating.

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Is Carey Price shot for these playoffs? Does he see the intensity of Bobby Ryan when he closes his eyes? Or Karlsson's flow?

I can't see Price having a solid game again against the Sens and thus I bet the Habs are out

Yeah, I could have sworn I saw his hand shaking when he was having a drink from his water bottle..:shakehead

PavelBure9

Jul 31, 2007
Yes, this is most likely true, yet he looks injured in goal.

His lateral movement is slow. On cross crease passes he won't even slide across. Weak goals are getting in. . . He's been bad(by his standards) in half the games these playoffs.

I'm worried.

That Kreider!!!!! All he does is ever run goalies!!

Kel Varnsen

Below: Nash's Heart
Sep 27, 2009
This thread should be named: Why does Carey Price struggle in the playoffs?

Because he struggles in the playoffs. Lundqvist is much better.

Joannie9

Aug 10, 2009
Price had his first playoff experience at 20 years old. Most goalies are in the AHL at that age. He's just entering his prime. Of course his stats are a little underwhelming.
Just look at Quick who's one of best goalie in the playoffs. He saw his first playoffs at 23 years old and was bad for 2 years before his 2012 playoffs (25 years old) when he carried the Kings to the cup.
Lundqvist had bad playoffs stats until 2011 (29 years old).
I'm not worried.

vladmyir111

Mar 27, 2007
If he loses tonight then he really is rattled and this thread was right on the moneys. book it.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Price has had a sub-.850 SV% in 6 games this year and is 5-1 in the games after

He'll bounce back easily, no question

Poochie_D

Oct 31, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
carey price is the best goalie in the world. If the habs lose, it's going to be literally everone's fault but his.

He's been outplayed by Craig Anderson. It will be his fault as well. Something tells me Sens get some of their own medicine tonight though. They'll outshot and out chance the Habs and Carey will hold the fort.

He's due to steal a game. He hasn't done it yet this playoff that's for sure.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
IMO, they shouldn't have played him so much in the regular season, especially down the stretch. He's not a goaltender who can take nights off and still get the win. They should've rested him more down the stretch instead of focusing on that franchise record.

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal
Now price might potentially win the Vezina and Hart this year but if you take a look in the past history his stats in the playoffs were always kind of.....average?

42GP 17W 21L 4OT 111 GA .909SV% 2.73GAA

They say the playoffs are a different ball game, yet i see alot of habs fans say Price will win the Conn Smyth.

Based on what? he made it past round 2 only once!! jinx

I think Price is a mediocre goalie in the playoffs, anything between 8-14 seriously.

It's been said a million times on here: a lot of those losses were before he hit 25, how many goaltenders have 42 playoff games under their belt at age 27? The great Pekka Rinne first entered the league at that age, Price was 20 when he did.

Mediocre... someone didn't watch last year's playoffs.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Say what you want but Carey Price is the best goalie in the world. He will easily shut out sens today and will lead the Habs to Stanley Cup taking Conn Smythe in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad