Is Carey Price overrated in the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Now price might potentially win the Vezina and Hart this year but if you take a look in the past history his stats in the playoffs were always kind of.....average?

42GP 17W 21L 4OT 111 GA .909SV% 2.73GAA

They say the playoffs are a different ball game, yet i see alot of habs fans say Price will win the Conn Smyth.

Based on what? he made it past round 2 only once!! jinx

I think Price is a mediocre goalie in the playoffs, anything between 8-14 seriously.

studDUGY

Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Aren't you the guy who made the same thread months ago? Nice reverse jinx attempt here. :P It really worked the first time tho.

Jerk Store*

He's had 2 good playoffs, 4 bad ones. His first good playoffs he followed it up with bad ones. That being said, he's been excellent for a while now. I think he'll be fine.

Davebo*

Something's 'clicked' in a good way for Price, since his time with the Olympic team. He's been pretty spectacular since.

Barring injury, he'll do fine.

Sant

Dec 3, 2008
montreal
Aren't you the guy who made the same thread months ago? Nice reverse jinx attempt here. :P It really worked the first time tho.

No, he is the guy who earlier in the season said that carey price is generally overrated, a 12-15 top goalie at best.

After a spectacular year by price, this poster has been PROVEN to be wrong and now to further his point, he returns with Price being overrated in the playoffs. Nothing hew here.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
Carey Price is an unbelievable goalie. His gold medal, his upcoming Vezina (and possibly Hart) and a phenomenal season prove that. His lateral movement is excellent, he's calm under pressure and his glove should scare the hell out of any playoff opponent.

All MTL-OTT BS aside, I believe he's going to steal a few games in this series.

samsquanch9*

I have no worries about Price in the playoffs. He was amazing last year and when he had those bad years he was a lot younger. I really don't care about them because I'm confident that Price is a different goalie now. That said I expect the team to be Therrified and lose despite his efforts

neil2005

May 2, 2012
You know thats not true

Halak is my favourite goalie but that doesnt mean i cant appreciate Price's great perfomances

Every thread you start has something to do with bashing price this, price is overrated and so forth. We get it you don't like price, but time and time again he's proven you wrong, and yet ever so often you come out with these ridiculous threads hoping and praying he fails. Im sure your waiting for the sens to beat the habs in the 1st round so you can create a thread on the main board saying is price a one and done goalie. Quite frankly no one gives a damn about you or your opinion on Price because obviously you don't know squat about hockey if you would take halak over price :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Why does a player's past PO performance have any bearing on this year? Different teams, different matchups, different set of events leading up to this moment.

roboninja

EYG
Aug 3, 2006
You know thats not true

Halak is my favourite goalie but that doesnt mean i cant appreciate Price's great perfomances

So Halak is your favourite goalie? I am not even sure what that means. You obviously (hopefully) do not think he is the best goalie in the league. Seems like maybe you even concede that Price is better than him. Or am I misrepresenting what you are saying?

Sant

Dec 3, 2008
montreal
Why does a player's past PO performance have any bearing on this year? Different teams, different matchups, different set of events leading up to this moment.

and also Price was just a kid during his first few playoff rounds

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
He certainly has a lot to prove. Every year he's stats have dropped compared to his regular season. Lets see if he chokes this time.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008

overanalysis by pundits, media, message board posters - the only truth is that anything can happen and nobody knows anything. Or they'd be in Vegas getting hyper-rich.

Halak is capable of stealing a series because he's done it before, albeit a long time ago. Is Hammond capable? We'll see.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Pens beat the Rangers, though I don't think anyone gives them a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->