Is Carey Price overrated in the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Wouldn't be the first time a Vezina winnef comes crashing back down to earth after winning it. I don't expect it personally, mainly because Montreal gives up next to nothing in the defensive zone other than perimeter and low quality shots. Montreal is a superb defensive team, and while price plays a part in that, he's not the best goaltender in the world like many Habs fans want to believe.

He is one of the best...not sure how you can deny that while admitting same paragraph he'll likely win the Vezina. :laugh:

Career average says .919 but last 2 seasons he's around .930. Since 10/11 season he's around .923. Believe it or not it is possible for goalies to get better.

Since his breakout year in 10/11 Price is 15-12 with a .920 sv% in the playoffs from 2010-2015. But career numbers suggest he's at .910.

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
2habs.jpg

Bet a lot of people are pissed off that's not in french.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Overall I do feel he is overrated as he is just having one of those "off the chart" years. Similar to Varlamov of the Avs last year. Basically everything that could go right, did go right during the regular season. But he IS a good goalie make no mistake about it. The reality though is once Price comes back down to earth, the team will drop down the standings fast. If they were in the West, easily out of the playoffs.

Dallas Eakins*

I wish Glenn Heally would shut the **** up. This is unbearable Ive never heard of just letting a blatant fanboy carry on like this.

Dallas Eakins*

Airing this game on the CBC is a joke Ottawas a Canadian team to.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Price that clown, if it wasn't for the ref it would have been 1-1.

Anderson on the other hand is a beauty of nature

jinxy jinxy jinxyyy!

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
nono hes a 12-16 goalie, remember? 38 saves so far vs Ottawa and of course we only managed to score 1 goal. There aren't alot of goalies in the league that can constantly win games when their team scores 1 freakin goal.

edit: 41 save shutout, PLZ.

Last edited:

Em Ancien

Sexy 2nd Rounder
Mar 12, 2008
Mount Real Life
Career:

Price .911
Anderson .933

Also, Price freaked out in the dressing room after being interviewed, cursing so loud that it startled PK (who was being interviewed) across the room (according to CBC). I thought he was Mr. calm, cool and could never be rattled. Meanwhile, Anderson (and the Sens) are all smiles, enjoying the pressure.

Now, watch Price have a 40 save shutout tonight to close out the series.

That is some amazing foreshadowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad