Is Carey Price overrated in the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beefisforbadbwoys

Apr 5, 2014
We don't need to discuss any more about this series as it's not going to be going past game 6.

The Sens got further than they imagined they would, partly due to a slew of sloppy plays by some players on the Habs.

That's all there is to it.

This is the most boring series I've ever watched. I just want the Habs to move on to a more exciting team.

phosphene*

Feb 18, 2014
West Seneca
We don't need to discuss any more about this series as it's not going to be going past game 6.

The Sens got further than they imagined they would, partly due to a slew of sloppy plays by some players on the Habs.

This is the most boring series I've ever watched. I just want the Habs to move on to a more exciting team.

Or maybe your 4th line came back down to earth and now it's a series.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I think people are just looking to prep the reasons for a collapse. Price is fine. Habs skaters just need to be better. I say Habs win game 6.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Is Carey Price shot for these playoffs? Does he see the intensity of Bobby Ryan when he closes his eyes? Or Karlsson's flow?

I can't see Price having a solid game again against the Sens and thus I bet the Habs are out

Master jinxing thread. Now watch Price and the Habs go on a tear all the way to the finals.

Synesthesia

Apr 15, 2012

It's not like the Habs are a very interesting team to watch to start with. Zero offensive firepower and relying 100% on their goaltender who is arguably the best in the world. You might argue that PK Subban's antics are exciting, but not in a particularly positive way.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014

You've led for 40 minutes out of 300+. Lowest of all playoff teams. If any team has been offensively boring it's the Habs.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
carey price is the best goalie in the world. If the habs lose, it's going to be literally everone's fault but his.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
yeah, Carey looks rattled... where have i heard this before? oh right, the Olympics :laugh:

the team in front of him is the problem. he had Game 4 set up for them and they did **** all.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
carey price is the best goalie in the world. If the habs lose, it's going to be literally everone's fault but his.

Yes, this is most likely true, yet he looks injured in goal.

His lateral movement is slow. On cross crease passes he won't even slide across. Weak goals are getting in. . . He's been bad(by his standards) in half the games these playoffs.

I'm worried.

JFG

Mar 14, 2012
Is this meant to have the same result as the Lundqvist thread?

WHY LIE GUY

Nov 28, 2011
The book is out on Carey Price and the habs.

Get some guys in front of the net, float some shots in, aim for the top corners. It's comical how often they go in.

As a Habs fan, those floaters from the point have always scared me the most. Montreal's inability to clear the crease is laughable. It wouldn't be so bad if they did the same to the opposing goalie, but they can't/won't. Gallagher tries, but crashing the crease after the whistle doesn't count :laugh:

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
Unfortunately for price he plays behind a bunch of lunatics. Subban, eller, gallagher, prust, weise, markov, etc are all headcases. If anyone is going to screw up mtls playoff run its them.

zenator

Jan 1, 2004
Aren't his career numbers in the playoffs pretty mediocre?

Career:

Price .911
Anderson .933

Also, Price freaked out in the dressing room after being interviewed, cursing so loud that it startled PK (who was being interviewed) across the room (according to CBC). I thought he was Mr. calm, cool and could never be rattled. Meanwhile, Anderson (and the Sens) are all smiles, enjoying the pressure.

Now, watch Price have a 40 save shutout tonight to close out the series.

Last edited:

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
The thing with so many of the good to great goalies is that they often pull it together after a bad game.

That is something that terrifies me! Hoping he is actually rattled but l doubt be will be tonight. It's a new day.

Fire Everyone

Especially you
May 17, 2006
The book is out on Carey Price and the habs.

Get some guys in front of the net, float some shots in, aim for the top corners. It's comical how often they go in.

High shots on a goaltender who can't see **** because of all the traffic in front of him go in more often than any other. Who would've thunk?

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
Lol fans will do whatever to win a jinx thread. Trying to pull off the rattled thread to pull some swing in magic.

Just get the job done.

WHY LIE GUY

Nov 28, 2011
High shots on a goaltender who can't see **** because of all the traffic in front of him go in more often than any other. Who would've thunk?

That's the point. It's every goalie's "kryptonite". Montreal just seems to let those guys hang out in front more than other teams.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Bumping this thread because it deserves to be bumped. Its a time where extreme measures have to be taken.

5-1 really?? Jinx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad