Is Artemi Panarin second best player in the NHL ?

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
He is a brilliant player. He just needs to stay healthy. That's it. 2nd best, 5th best, doesn't matter. Just stay healthy.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
Honestly hes better than McDavid/Drai/Matthews/Gretzky all combined. Hes the greatest in the universe and all dimensions!
I am genuinely curious, when people post inane comments like this one - are they trying to be funny or something? See this trash in every thread.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
I am genuinely curious, when people post inane comments like this one - are they trying to be funny or something? See this trash in every thread.
We are. And we’re tired of pretending it’s not.

joker-2019.jpg

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Yes.

McDavid
Panarin

Panarin is the best 5v5 scorer in the league, he's done it two years in a row now. He also has fantastic defensive metrics, I feel comfortable calling him the best 5v5 player in the league.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He’s great, but I feel like his defense has dropped off a little this season. I’m sure he’ll work on improving that again. Last season he was elite defensively. This season he’s above average. Too many errors with the puck in his own zone. He can play so much better defensively.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
He's so good. Imagine he didn't take that break, he'd be 1 point behind Draisaitl (1.44 pts/game for 60 pts) and would make a more intriguing Art Ross race. He'd be a legitimate threat to dethrone McPoints

Of course I fully support McDavid to win the Hart trophy, but the media seems to think Auston Matthews is his main competition for the title, mostly due to his goal count
If the Rangers make the playoffs, they'll be the comeback story of the season. And Panarin would be Gandolph the White appearing in the nick of time, carrying the team into the promise land

New York is staaacked with elite young rookies and prospects. That team is going to be must watch TV if they make the playoffs

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I would say yes. Blackhawks fans must have nightmares about trading him. They'd still be winning cups.

Russian Factor

Jan 8, 2015
Pittsburgh
Saw a post earlier in the thread from a fan of a western conference team (think it was the Sharks) say they had Mackinnon higher because he "felt more dangerous" or something like that. And its understandable because Mack has the skating that can feel overwhelming but let me just say that if their team played Panarin more often they would not be saying he didn't feel as dangerous as Mackinnon. He isn't going to skate it down your throat but it seems like every play he touches turns to gold (Adam Fox and Crosby are like this too) because he's insanely smart. Players lacking dynamic speed but dominate with high hockey IQ and puck skills can feel just as dangerous. Maybe even moreso because you're just constantly scared any time they have the puck. You don't know exactly what they're about to do but you just know it's going to work

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
When you're putting up points like Panarin, it's easy to forget that he plays a complete 200 foot game and that's great for all the Rangers' young forwards to learn. He's also having a blast on the ice and again the kids should learn from that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad