Is Artemi Panarin second best player in the NHL ?

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
I mean, tbh there wasn't much they could do. They would have lost him for free...
pretty sure he was an RFA, and had 2 years left of equal salary with Saad. no way to justify a trade with such terrible value.

Rangers got him for "free" as well if you think about it

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
huh, well... Are we talking about players (goalies, dmen) or just forwards ?
I’m just messing with you. Although I don’t think it’s at all difficult to make the argument that he’s #2 [period] over the last two seasons. I don’t really care enough to make that argument right now, I’m just happy that the Rangers actually have a forward who is even in the top-100 for once. :laugh:

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I’m just messing with you. Although I don’t think it’s at all difficult to make the argument that he’s #2 [period] over the last two seasons. I don’t really care enough to make that argument right now, I’m just happy that the Rangers actually have a forward who is even in the top-100 for once. :laugh:
You're a POS Rangers fan, I understand now.

J/K (love)

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Did he say that about us or something? :laugh:

Nah, just that Kovy had King Henrik's numbers with the Devs and loved the guy. I hate(d) Rangers with a passion since the 1994 SCF. Too old for this stuff now; Wish your team the best, honestly.

BakedYams

Jan 14, 2017
I personally wouldn't take him over Draisatl, but I'd understand those that would. He's a great player.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011

Past two seasons Panarin is 3rd in PPG with 1.40. Ahead of him Draisaitl with 1.53 and McDavid with 1.58.

Now, +/- is in no way a good indicator of overall ability of players. But I found this bit of information interesting.

During that time, the Oilers are 357 goals for and 330 against. Giving the team +27 differential. McDavid is +8 and Draisaitl +16 in that timeframe. Meaning, even combined they have lower + rating than the team overall.

At the same period, Rangers have 363 goals for and 327 goals against, giving the team +36 differential. Panarin is +47 during that timeframe. That is good for 2nd in the entire NHL.

Reactions: Baby Duck Homme

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
nah he's the best winger though, he's #7 behind McDavid, Mackinnon, Hedman, Matthews, Draisaitl, Crosby
Your forgetting the actual 2nd best player and clear-cut best winger in the game since 2017. Nikita Kucherov.

Without him, the bolts don't have the same caliber of offense from the top with Stamkos and Point both seeing drops in their ppg. Luckily for them, they have very good depth which can score but Kucherov is the only true franchise offensive talent on that team

Unless, your list was just for this season. Then ya Panarin is the best winger in the game

Reactions: Vukotal Recall

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm still taking the guy who's 2nd in points, goals, and points per game over the past 3 seasons, but Panarin has definitely snuck into that debate of 2-5 that includes guys like Kucherov, Mackinnon, Drai, and Kane.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Past two seasons Panarin is 3rd in PPG with 1.40. Ahead of him Draisaitl with 1.53 and McDavid with 1.58.

Now, +/- is in no way a good indicator of overall ability of players. But I found this bit of information interesting.

During that time, the Oilers are 357 goals for and 330 against. Giving the team +27 differential. McDavid is +8 and Draisaitl +16 in that timeframe. Meaning, even combined they have lower + rating than the team overall.

At the same period, Rangers have 363 goals for and 327 goals against, giving the team +36 differential. Panarin is +47 during that timeframe. That is good for 2nd in the entire NHL.
You think that’s crazy, look at the Rangers’ goal differential when Panarin isn’t on the ice. :laugh:

Their goals-for/-against ratio is literally 2:1 with Panarin on the ice. That’s f***ing insane. Last season*, his standings points above replacement was 8.5 SPAR... 8.5 points might not sound like that much but the SPAR Value is $18.7M. :laugh:

I still think that was one of the best single-season performances since 2005-06 (and he’s not exactly slumping this year either).

I mean look at this shit, lol. His RelTM G±/60 was double the second-highest player. Double.

...DOUBLE.

...and that second-highest-player is a f***ing Norris Trophy candidate right now lmao.

upload_2021-4-10_0-11-2.png

Panarin’s 2019-20 5v5 RelTM G± was 29.84. You know how many players have topped that over the last 14 seasons? Zero. And the second-highest is not even f***ing close.

upload_2021-4-10_0-47-4.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Plural

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
You know I thought I made my peace with that f***ing farce last year, but this thread is dredging up all that bullshit again for me. And I know the exact same thing is happening, and will happen, to Adam Fox this year, too.

Didn’t forget about Jagr in 2005-06 either, Sharks fans. Effing Cheechoo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad