Is Artemi Panarin second best player in the NHL ?

Jayan

NYR fanatic
Jul 6, 2012
Draisaitl, Matthews, Mackinnon, Pastrnak, Kane, Kucherov, Barkov, take your pick.

Could either of the players you listed except McJesus carry the youngest team in in the League during a rebuild on their backs like Panarin does?

with Colin Freaking Blackwell and Ryan Strome on their line?

space321

May 11, 2011
Could either of the players you listed except McJesus carry the youngest team in in the League during a rebuild on their backs like Panarin does?

You're talking like the Rangers don't have any other good players lol. Don't you all think Adam Fox is a Norris calibre Dman?

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Your forgetting the actual 2nd best player and clear-cut best winger in the game since 2017. Nikita Kucherov.

Without him, the bolts don't have the same caliber of offense from the top with Stamkos and Point both seeing drops in their ppg. Luckily for them, they have very good depth which can score but Kucherov is the only true franchise offensive talent on that team

Unless, your list was just for this season. Then ya Panarin is the best winger in the game
I purposely left Kucherov out because of the injury... I don't know what he'll be once he's back.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
You think that’s crazy, look at the Rangers’ goal differential when Panarin isn’t on the ice. :laugh:

Their goals-for/-against ratio is literally 2:1 with Panarin on the ice. That’s f***ing insane. Last season*, his standings points above replacement was 8.5 SPAR... 8.5 points might not sound like that much but the SPAR Value is $18.7M. :laugh:

I still think that was one of the best single-season performances since 2005-06 (and he’s not exactly slumping this year either).

I mean look at this shit, lol. His RelTM G±/60 was double the second-highest player. Double.

...DOUBLE.

...and that second-highest-player is a f***ing Norris Trophy candidate right now lmao.

View attachment 420022

Panarin’s 2019-20 5v5 RelTM G± was 29.84. You know how many players have topped that over the last 14 seasons? Zero. And the second-highest is not even f***ing close.

View attachment 420048
Watch the games nerd

Reactions: doorbag

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Does the OP mean by best player, or best forward? McJesus is the forward , after that you should create a mock draft order for the rest, including Hedman/Josi/et. .al D, and goalies. Remember to win the cup you win from the net out. Bolts can win without Kucherov, but not if Vasilevski or Hedman are out for an extended period.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
You think that’s crazy, look at the Rangers’ goal differential when Panarin isn’t on the ice. :laugh:

Their goals-for/-against ratio is literally 2:1 with Panarin on the ice. That’s f***ing insane. Last season*, his standings points above replacement was 8.5 SPAR... 8.5 points might not sound like that much but the SPAR Value is $18.7M. :laugh:

I still think that was one of the best single-season performances since 2005-06 (and he’s not exactly slumping this year either).

I mean look at this shit, lol. His RelTM G±/60 was double the second-highest player. Double.

...DOUBLE.

...and that second-highest-player is a f***ing Norris Trophy candidate right now lmao.

View attachment 420022

Panarin’s 2019-20 5v5 RelTM G± was 29.84. You know how many players have topped that over the last 14 seasons? Zero. And the second-highest is not even f***ing close.

View attachment 420048

Ahh, yes.

That time Stone was considered the best player in the NHL.
And who could have forgotten just how great Steve Downie was.
Victor Kozlov, Jason Zucker, yes please!

Reactions: Salsa Shark

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan

Yes.

Matthews took by far the worst team in the NHL the previous season, not only into the playoffs, but made it a 100 point team.
A team with 9 rookies on the roster every night.

As for the question.

No to 2nd best player.

Yes to top 5-10 overall player though.

What he has done since leaving Chicago is phenomenal!

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Yes.

Matthews took by far the worst team in the NHL the previous season, not only into the playoffs, but made it a 100 point team.
A team with 9 rookies on the roster every night.

As for the question.

No to 2nd best player.

Yes to top 5-10 overall player though.

What he has done since leaving Chicago is phenomenal!

That's bit dishonest though. Leafs improved a lot in very short span. Matthews was one of the key aspects in that change, but he didn't carry Leafs as a rookie. I watched those games. That said, Matthews today is absolutely a player who can take a team on his shoulders and make most out of it. I'd argue Barkov is similar too.

Reactions: Snowsii

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

I'm not sure what you're getting at. I think Panarin is very good, one of the best in the league. Could the other players carry a team? Well yah, maybe probably. Barkov is right now.

The Rangers have a Norris calibre 1D too. And what is Panarin carrying them to exactly? 5th place in the division?

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
I don’t know if I’d say he’s even the 2nd best player out of the American teams

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
LMAO his playmaking is insane.

+0.41 Assists Per 60 (5v5.) :eek:

upload_2021-4-15_21-4-30.png

Last edited:

aufheben