Is Artemi Panarin second best player in the NHL ?

NYRfan39

Dec 29, 2011
Take out any bias, and its hard to argue. Statistically speaking, this season, he is the second best player based on points per game.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
In my opinion he's the greatest player in the world, but I'm biased bc I'm a Rangers fan. I haven't been this excited about a player since Jagr came to the Rangers and turned the entire franchise around, which is exactly what Artemi Panarin is doing as we speak/type.

Reactions: Bread4Life

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
In my opinion he's the greatest player in the world, but I'm biased bc I'm a Rangers fan. I haven't been this excited about a player since Jagr came to the Rangers and turned the entire franchise around, which is exactly what Artemi Panarin is doing as we speak/type.

That's great and all, however, the Rangers are on track to miss the playoffs yet again. I'm not sure I'd call that single handedly turning a franchise around.

Mcdavid is a much better player, for reference. I'd have to put Panarin in the top 5 though based on this season alone. I doubted his ability to carry an offense but it seems he's doing just that.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Difficult to compare positions, but I think odds favour the field. He is not the second best player.

NYRfan39

Dec 29, 2011
I mean if you accept the faulty premise that PPG is the only metric to judge players on.
of course its not the only metric. but its a metric without bias. how do you determine who is the best player? total points? points per ice time? +/-? Goals? assists? How do you calculate who the 2nd best player is?

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
of course its not the only metric. but its a metric without bias. how do you determine who is the best player? total points? points per ice time? +/-? Goals? assists? How do you calculate who the 2nd best player is?
Really there is no straight metric that will tell you that. But PPG definitely won’t do it on its own

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Marner lol

the best wingers are Panarin, Kane, Kucherov, Marchand
At this point in their career, there's no reason to laugh at the mention of Marner but then put Kane above him. They have similar offensive production, but one actually has a decent defensive impact, and the other simply decided to stop caring about defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad