Prospect Info: Igor Shestyorkin Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
If anyone wonders if he'll eventually come to the NHL because thats always a worry with people for KHL players, he was asked today on social media by someone about his childhood dream, and his response, translated I might add so it might not be exact, was "Stanley, I want."

Well I flat out asked him if we can expect him to come over "in the next 2 or 3 years" and he answered with a resounding "YEEEES".

I'm not concerned at all that he doesn't want to come over. He seems to be one of those hockey kids who dream of playing in the NHL.

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
Best thing for him would be to come over after next season, and start learning under the wing of Henrik and Benoit Allaire. Just to be able to watch Henrik's work ethic and preparation on a daily basis - the guy who everyone who ever played with him describes as the most hard working, well-prepared, obsessed person they ever met - would be monumental for his development.

There really is no better system for a goaltender right now than NYR. Learning from Hank and Benny did wonders for Talbot and even Raanta.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Best thing for him would be to come over after next season, and start learning under the wing of Henrik and Benoit Allaire. Just to be able to watch Henrik's work ethic and preparation on a daily basis - the guy who everyone who ever played with him describes as the most hard working, well-prepared, obsessed person they ever met - would be monumental for his development.

There really is no better system for a goaltender right now than NYR. Learning from Hank and Benny did wonders for Talbot and even Raanta.

Agreed, this would really be ideal. Let him learn from Hank the year after next and ween him into the process of starting.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
How did this get to page 2?

He was called into the Russian National Team. He'll almost certainly be on the roster for the World Championships, as Boborovskiy wasn't called in. If he beats out Sorokin, he could play a game or two as Vasilevskiy's back up.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Russia split their team into two rosters, A and B. Nearly all the "A" roster will be going to the World Championships, very few of the "B" roster will be going to the World Championships. Igor's on the "B" roster, but here's the catch. You obviously can't divide playing time evenly with three goalies in three games. They might want to give Vasilevskiy two games anyway, maybe all three. Playing with the "B" team for the World Championship warm up should give Igor more playing time, although with and against lesser competition. Barring something crazy, he'll be on the World Championship roster. What I'm unsure of is if Sorokin being on the "A" team roster and Shestyorkin on the "B" team roster means. Does the coach want to put his top 2 goalies on separate rosters so they can get maximum playing time or is this indication Shestyorkin's 3 and Sorokin's 2? I think probably the former, but could be the latter.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
He looks good.

God I hate rooting for the Russians. :laugh:

No offense to any of our Russian posters. I'm just a Yank. ;)

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
If I was him, I'd ****ing hate Znarok. After the season he had, he starts the oaf over him in the playoffs. And then he has the same nerve to put a similarly unproven Sorokin ahead of him at the World Championships, even though he had a better season than Sorokin.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He ranked Sorokin 5, Shestyorkin 10 in preseason. Had it Sorokin 2, Shestyorkin 4 in the middle of the season, so I guess Shestyorkin has really closed the gap this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00