Prospect Info: Igor Shestyorkin Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Very solid and looks to be one of the best D-men on the ice, again. Not too flashy, but he seems to read the game very well

If I'm Russian and I get the same money from a number of teams including the Rangers, I go to NY. This is like Russian heaven here. Quality of life for Russians here, at least most Russians would be higher than for example St. Louis (as in the case with Tarasenko). Plus we're a good team, even if we're not flawless.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
If I'm Russian and I get the same money from a number of teams including the Rangers, I go to NY. This is like Russian heaven here. Quality of life for Russians here, at least most Russians would be higher than for example St. Louis (as in the case with Tarasenko). Plus we're a good team, even if we're not flawless.

Rangers are a destination for young talent again. I love it

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Anything else from Shesty this year is house money. He played more in the playoffs than we (I?) thought he would and performed very well.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Controversial goal for SKA. MMG protesting because the goalie was down after getting hit in the head with a puck. Goal scored from the rebound.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Looking at the replay, there's nothing illegal about that goal. It just sucks to be on the receiving end of it in circumstances like that.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'll be fine with him lifting it Thursday after Koskinen gets yanked for losing games 5 and 6. :nod:

He also lifted it two years ago. There are pictures all over his social media.

I didn't get a chance to watch today's game, but Koskinen gave up two goals he should've saved, and didn't have such a great SV% today. The first goal he was beat far side with a wrist shot when the player's momentum was taking him away from the play. The second goal was a bad goal, short side on a weak shot where the player had no angle.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
SKA make it 5-3 with less than 2 minutes in regulation

Barring anything wacky...SKA wins the Cup.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
We are going to get Bereglazov, aren't we?
Would be a great buffer to offset some of our lost draft picks IMO
And we can revamp the D much easier this way too as it gives some breathing space cap wise
I think the Swede we talked about might go elsewhere though
He likes NYC but not the roster possibilities

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
We are going to get Bereglazov, aren't we?
Would be a great buffer to our list draft picks IMO
And we can revamp the D much easier this way too as it gives some breathing space

The Olympics situation might throw a wrench into those plans. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad