Value of: If Anaheim Ducks want another top 10 pick? Asking price please?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
:panthers

2019 1st (top 5 protected)
2020 2nd OR Mark Pysyk #4/5 RD, 1 yr left @ $2.73 million
Ian McCoshen #6/7 LD, RFA

for

:ducks

Josh Manson

Close or GTFO? Feel FLA is one of the few teams that can offer a chance at a top 10 pick + two 2nd round picks in value.

Just really don't see the motivation for moving a cost controlled RHD like Manson for a draft pick + downgrade. The risk is significant and the reward isn't likely to be both as useful and affordable than Manson at peak value.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
Why would you even post this. Like seriously what went through your head I genuinely want to know.

I counter with Max Jones, our 1st and Kesler for Barzal

First I said I would take back the cap dump.

Second

Pretty sure this thread was "If Anaheim Ducks want another top 10 pick? Asking price please?

Pretty sure that means you are looking for a top 10 pick... Since you are one of the worst teams in the league and would be looking to rebuild.

Outside of a few of you ducks fans no one thinks you will get a top 10 in return for Raekell. I offered a top 10 pick last year. Well fell to 11 but was top 8 on most pre-draft boards. To think he's not a "top 10" pick is crazy. But you also may not know who he is so that is understandable.

Your other duck's fans, if you look above, said 1st round 10-20 for Manson. So the Isles 1st 23 or 24 (they should fall off a little) and a third is crazy to ask?? So the 20th pick is ok but something like 23 is crazy? What are you braindead? Take it up with "Brock Radunske" and "Gliff". I was going off the price they put in place

Also, hope you dont actually think Rakkel holds the same value of Barzal. Get a grip you are on another planet

Reactions: 405Exit

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
Just really don't see the motivation for moving a cost controlled RHD like Manson for a draft pick + downgrade. The risk is significant and the reward isn't likely to be both as useful and affordable than Manson at peak value.

Maybe you should get on the same page as your friends.

"
For perspective, the below players are worth a top pick (in some cases with a plus)

Picks 3-10

1. Gibson (+)
2. Lindholm (+)
3. Rakell

Picks 10-20

4. Manson
5. Montour
6. Kase​
Not bad, although I doubt the Ducks have any interest in moving any of those 6.
They are all young with good/great contracts with term.

This 6 right here is the new core of the Ducks."

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Just figured by the time you guys are back to where you want to be, Manson would be nearing 30 and need a new deal you may not be interested in with having some younger defensemen on the rise. To be fair, it may be a pick from 5th to 10th, should be a pretty good shot at landing a top 6 winger or top 4 D for the re-tool

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
Wahlstrom + 1st might not be enough to pry one of those players. Suggesting you could add a brutal contract and land both for that value is hilarious.

"
For perspective, the below players are worth a top pick (in some cases with a plus)

Picks 3-10

1. Gibson (+)
2. Lindholm (+)
3. Rakell

Picks 10-20

4. Manson
5. Montour
6. Kase

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017

Second

Pretty sure this thread was "If Anaheim Ducks want another top 10 pick? Asking price please?

Pretty sure that means you are looking for a top 10 pick... Since you are one of the worst teams in the league and would be looking to rebuild.

Outside of a few of you ducks fans no one thinks you will get a top 10 in return for Raekell. I offered a top 10 pick last year. Well fell to 11 but was top 8 on most pre-draft boards. To think he's not a "top 10" pick is crazy. But you also may not know who he is so that is understandable.

Your other duck's fans, if you look above, said 1st round 10-20 for Manson. So the Isles 1st 23 or 24 (they should fall off a little) and a third is crazy to ask?? So the 20th pick is ok but something like 23 is crazy? What are you braindead? Take it up with "Brock Radunske" and "Gliff". I was going off the price they put in place

Also, hope you dont actually think Rakkel holds the same value of Barzal. Get a grip you are on another planet
i think your better off waiting till next year to make an offer for Rakell, Duck fans seem to believe this is a one year aberation in regard to Rakells fall off. as the ducks transition from Getzlaf and Perry, I think we will see Rakell feel the pressure of having to carry the offense

that will lower the price for him in trade

its a totally different story when you are THE GUY, as opposed to a secondary scorer

Last edited:

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
i think your better off waiting till next year to make an offer for Rakell, Duck fans seem to believe this is a one year aberation in regard to Rakells fall off. as the ducks transition from Getzlaf and Perry, I think we will see Rakell feel the pressure of having to carry the offense

that will lower the price for him in trade

That makes sense. At that point hopefully, isles have either Panarin or Stone. Then dont have to make the trade at all

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
That makes sense. At that point hopefully, isles have either Panarin or Stone. Then dont have to make the trade at all
one can hope, but neither of those are sure things, but the performance of the team certainly will aid their chances.

I just dont see the benefit of paying for a player based on past performance who are playing for bad teams., there is usually a reason they are bad and usually it effects the team as a whole. when you realize that there will other changes as well, the support staff likely wont be conducive to a great year

Last edited:

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Second

No Ducks fan who is thinking clearly would see the merit of moving pieces like Manson for mid to late 1sts. That's really not a recipe for improving a hockey team. That same poster also claimed that Andrej Sustr (who passed through waivers shortly after) could replace Manson in our top 4, just clearly doesn't have a good grip on reality.

Pieces like Lindholm, Manson, Rakell etc...don't expect a firesale/tear down where these young cost controlled talents get farmed off for futures. At most you'll see one dealt in a shake up deal for a similar talent.

Reactions: Rec T

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
No Ducks fan who is thinking clearly would see the merit of moving pieces like Manson for mid to late 1sts. That's really not a recipe for improving a hockey team. That same poster also claimed that Andrej Sustr (who passed through waivers shortly after) could replace Manson in our top 4, just clearly doesn't have a good grip on reality.

Pieces like Lindholm, Manson, Rakell etc...don't expect a firesale/tear down where these young cost controlled talents get farmed off for futures. At most you'll see one dealt in a shake up deal for a similar talent.

I was just basing my offer on what I was reading in the earlier posts from Ducks fans

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017

and that makes perfect sense, the only problem will be if their production slips to a point where other teams wont pay the prices you think they are worth Rakell as a 35 goal scorer is worth more than 22 goal scoring Rakell. Rakell could play as well as he ever has, but if his support staff isnt as good, he could have a poor season. We are already seeing how this season is wearing on Gibson

no player is immune to the effects of pressure

Last edited:

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Just figured by the time you guys are back to where you want to be, Manson would be nearing 30 and need a new deal you may not be interested in with having some younger defensemen on the rise. To be fair, it may be a pick from 5th to 10th, should be a pretty good shot at landing a top 6 winger or top 4 D for the re-tool

I just don't think the full tear down/ sell off of those types of pieces is necessary or advisable. Already doing a terrible job of protecting our best asset (Gibson) as is.

This down year is a blessing in disguise. We'll add a much needed elite young talent to a struggling group through the draft. Gain further development from prospects like Lundestrom, Steel, Comtois and Terry etc who all should be able to help the top 9 in short order, and get closer to the end of the debilitating contracts.

I really think the best course would be to keep the blueline intact for Gibson's sake and continue to try and add high end forward talent. The Ducks play in a market that likely wouldn't support a tear down and the several years of futility, nor do they need to go that route with a better foundation in place than most bottom feeders.

Oh and bringing in a new coach almost surely brings some degree of instant improvement.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I just don't think the full tear down/ sell off of those types of pieces is necessary or advisable. Already doing a terrible job of protecting our best asset (Gibson) as is.

This down year is a blessing in disguise. We'll add a much needed elite young talent to a struggling group through the draft. Gain further development from prospects like Lundestrom, Steel, Comtois and Terry etc who all should be able to help the top 9 in short order, and get closer to the end of the debilitating contracts.

I really think the best course would be to keep the blueline intact for Gibson's sake and continue to try and add high end forward talent. The Ducks play in a market that likely wouldn't support a tear down and the several years of futility, nor do they need to go that route with a better foundation in place than most bottom feeders.

Oh and bringing in a new coach almost surely brings some degree of instant improvement.

That's fair. Do you think one year of drafting is enough though? The 3 major forwards seem to be on the decline so you're not going to be that competitive with them on declining roles when the prospects aren't ready for top line roles.
I understand keeping the D-core intact to help Gibson so he doesn't get beat down too much mentally.
Just trying to offer a solution to help the re-tool, a top 5-10 pick for a top 4 D that is nearing 30 years old is fair but a 2-3 year re-tool would be smarter imo, gives you two top 10 picks. Curious how it will play out for you guys.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I’d offer the Devils 1st in a trade for Fowler after the lottery (assuming it ends up as a pick in the 4-6 range).

Wouldn’t want to risk it before we know where we’re picking though.

I think the Ducks do that. The Ducks keep 3 of the 4 defensemen and have 2 top 6ish picks would be the best move. Especially with the expansion draft coming.

Unprotected 2020 first from the Habs plus Brook for Fowler

Big gamble for both teams. Habs were expected to bow out this year and could easily crash next year. Or the pick could be 20-30. Just never know. Also Brook is a solid looking prospect

No interest at all. Rolling the dice that they suck next year would just be dumb. There is no way the Habs are in the bottom 10 next year and thats what Fowler should get.

I think there is a difference in saying his value is a 10-15th, and saying the Ducks would trade him for that pick now.

Fair trade value doesnt equal what it would take to actually get the deal done.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU

Picks 3-10

1. Gibson (+)
2. Lindholm (+)
3. Rakell

Picks 10-20

4. Manson
5. Montour
6. Kase

This seems fair. I have a hard time believing Rakell, Gibson, Lindholm, Kase, or Manson are moved. I think the Ducks are looking at moving Montour OR Fowler, but probably not both. Perhaps the better question is what needs to be added to those two in order to acquire a top 10 pick. I'm not including Silf, Henrique, etc. because I don't think they could fetch that sort of return.

Would Fowler/Montour+pick/prospect(not named Jones, Steel, or Lundestrom) be enough?

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
This seems fair. I have a hard time believing Rakell, Gibson, Lindholm, Kase, or Manson are moved. I think the Ducks are looking at moving Montour OR Fowler, but probably not both. Perhaps the better question is what needs to be added to those two in order to acquire a top 10 pick. I'm not including Silf, Henrique, etc. because I don't think they could fetch that sort of return.

Would Fowler/Montour+pick/prospect(not named Jones, Steel, or Lundestrom) be enough?
I dont know anything about Lundestrom but I think either of Fowler/Montour + Steel could comfortably get the Ducks into the top 10.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Would STL include their 2020 1st in a trade package for Silfverberg ?
I suspect there is a chance that next season the Blues fall apart & it turns into a high lottery pick.
The Ducks Last season were bad & then suddenly fought their way back into the playoffs just like what the Blues are doing right now.

I highly doubt that the blues would spend a first round pick on a rental this year. And if they somehow did, Armstrong seems to make sure to protect the firsts when he does trade them.

Blues have moved first round picks recently for Schenn (3 years left on contract) and ROR (5 years left on contract). They have also fairly recently traded off rentals (Shattenkirk and Stastny) for 1sts. I'd say the chances are higher that they sell a short term contract for a 1st before they would pay a 1st for a one.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018

"

Picks 3-10

1. Gibson (+)
2. Lindholm (+)
3. Rakell

Picks 10-20

4. Manson
5. Montour
6. Kase​

Disagree. Manson and or Montour can be moved for a top 10 pick. Both RHD and highly valued in the league. Even if it takes a 3 team trade to acquire the pick im all ears. Even if other moving pieces need to be moved to make the money work. Ducks should and would be willing to listen.

This goes to Buffalo and Toronto if they want one of them. I’m sure other fans will chime in also

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I wouldn't call a player who plays center 90% of the time the best LW in the draft.

Well it’s opinion based right? Atleast he’s versatile In both positions. And what I’ve seen of him he can play left wing. We need upgrade on both positions, so it doesn’t really matter.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I mean the 2 players that you have who are worth top 10 picks you said aren't available, its takes young star players to get young star players.

Now the value of picks 5-10 changes pick by pick depending on who is there with some important break points so that will determine the value going back.

Guys like Rackell, Manson, Kase, and Montour could be packaged together in some fashion to make the value worth it but your biggest problem will be "What team drafting in that range would rather have players in their primes now over the pick" and I'd say you'll have a hard time finding one.

This draft is really forward heavy so maybe a team needs defensive help and would swap that way but even then idk.

It is forward heavy draft which the Ducks need we should be all in. But you’re telling a cost controlled Manson or Montour won’t get a top 10 pick? Look at broken Tanev and what he can get. Be realistic please.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Why would the Ducks be adding to Fowler or Montour...
It's just a thought exercise.

Edit: unless you mean that Fowler or Montour could return a top-10 pick on their own, in which case I do not agree.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
It's just a thought exercise.

Edit: unless you mean that Fowler or Montour could return a top-10 pick on their own, in which case I do not agree.

I do think they can, but even if they can't, the difference is not adding Steel who is probably the Ducks best or 2nd best forward prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad