Value of: If Anaheim Ducks want another top 10 pick? Asking price please?

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Kyle Connor for a top 10 pick. Would you do it?
No. But the Jets are trying to compete and the 22 year old on pace for 35 goals after a 31 goal rookie season is much more valuable than guys like Fowler or Manson

I'd take Rakell over the pick too, but that's the type of player that it would take to motivate a bottom feeder to move their pick.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
No desire to trade Rakell. The Ducks need more players like him, not less.

Fowler is possible, but I'm not super excited about it.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Teams need defense. Teams need prospects to groom. The fact you don’t know whom Montour or Manson is there’s no point in arguing with you. Toronto covets our RHDs and our prospects. Wish there fanbase would chime in. We got random people not knowing the landscape nor our value of the team Saying, “our players are bad”

Toronto could get us in top 10 if we made them available in a three team trade.

It’s a speculation of how we can move up in the draft and rebuild.

More logical people who know what Manson and Montour are worth please? For 500

They are good players but ask yourself would you trade a top 10 first round pick for either/both? Top 10 pick basically means your getting a very good player, #1 D or high end forward. Basically you want a superstar with that pick. Are either of Manson/Montour that?

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
They are good players but ask yourself would you trade a top 10 first round pick for either/both? Top 10 pick basically means your getting a very good player, #1 D or high end forward. Basically you want a superstar with that pick. Are either of Manson/Montour that?
that's far from true...

Reactions: Angelonius

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Why would a rebuilding team be looking to trade a top 10 for Cam Fowler? Any team that has a top 10 pick is likely to be in rebuild mode and looking to get more, better picks. And who in their right mind gives up a 1st liner who will play 3 years on an ELC for a top 4 (could be a #2) with 9 years of NHL hockey on his body and 6 years left on his contract?

You tell me, which basement team is going "screw the draft, if we get Fowler, we're a contender?"

Rakell is about the only guy on your team that gets a known top 10. The only other way you're doing this is making a trade at the beginning of the season with a team that turns out to be much worse than expected. Sort of like how Colorado will get a really high pick from Ottawa this season. There wasn't a lot of reason at the time of the trade to think things could go so sideways on them.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Ducks fans, would you do the Oilers unprotected 1st, Puljujarvi, a B prospect, and Spooner for Rakell?

Spooner is for the cap space.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Ducks fans, would you do the Oilers unprotected 1st, Puljujarvi, a B prospect, and Spooner for Rakell?

Spooner is for the cap space.
As a fan of neither team, it's probably a slight overpay for Rakell, which I think needs to happen to get the Ducks to move him.

That said, if he goes, I think the firesale is on. He's the one bright light on their offence at the moment and if he goes, what do you keep Getzlaf, Perry or Silfverberg for? That being the case, the fact that trading Rakell means the team is very obviously gone into full rebuild mode means he may well cost even more.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Why would a rebuilding team be looking to trade a top 10 for Cam Fowler? Any team that has a top 10 pick is likely to be in rebuild mode and looking to get more, better picks. And who in their right mind gives up a 1st liner who will play 3 years on an ELC for a top 4 (could be a #2) with 9 years of NHL hockey on his body and 6 years left on his contract?

You tell me, which basement team is going "screw the draft, if we get Fowler, we're a contender?"

Rakell is about the only guy on your team that gets a known top 10. The only other way you're doing this is making a trade at the beginning of the season with a team that turns out to be much worse than expected. Sort of like how Colorado will get a really high pick from Ottawa this season. There wasn't a lot of reason at the time of the trade to think things could go so sideways on them.

Maybe Florida is they think Panarin is a sure thing. Maaaaybe. But yes your general point is very true.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015

And this is why it's stupid to trade him in the first place. Rakell is part of the 25 and under crew and unless you've got the 1OA pick, the best you're doing at that point is hoping that he turns into another Rakell. Once you get past pick 3 statistically there's about a 50% or less chance of them being a top 6 forward/top 4 D. Even if you're tearing it down Rakell is the kind of player you keep.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I assume this trade would take place on draft day, given the specifics laid out in the OP. So if the Oil are picking in the 8-10 range and Krebs is still there, I’d do something like this....

To EDM: Manson

To ANH: Pick to take Krebs, Manning (cap purposes and excellent Tank Commander)

Would love to have Manson and Nurse paired together.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I assume this trade would take place on draft day, given the specifics laid out in the OP. So if the Oil are picking in the 8-10 range and Krebs is still there, I’d do something like this....

To EDM: Manson

To ANH: Pick to take Krebs, Manning (cap purposes and excellent Tank Commander)

Would love to have Manson and Nurse paired together.
Bull in China Shop type pairing, they'll just wreck anyone who gets near goalie or McDavid.
Manson will stand up for his teammates, look at what he did to Giordano after he kneed Fowler a few years back.

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
I would have thought Colorado could be a good target. They could have two...

They've already got a very young and talented roster. Maybe they'd like to add someone more ready to go.

Something involving Manson maybe.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Anaheim already tried to bank on Fowler for a top 10 picks in 2016 (when he was 24 and only making 4m per) and no one took the bite. I remember it was offered to Buffalo and Montreal. So what makes you think that 3 years later - and on a down year - that someone will pay that price for Fowler?

The only ones worthy of a top 10 picks are Lindholm, Manson, Montour and maybe Rackell. The rest are pipe dream

Reactions: Disappointed EP40

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Anaheim already tried to bank on Fowler for a top 10 picks in 2016 (when he was 24 and only making 4m per) and no one took the bite. I remember it was offered to Buffalo and Montreal. So what makes you think that 3 years later - and on a down year - that someone will pay that price for Fowler?

The only ones worthy of a top 10 picks are Lindholm, Manson, Montour and maybe Rackell. The rest are pipe dream
Wasn’t it the other way around? Montreal or buffalo offered the pick but we didn’t take it? Since we were cup chasing moving him for a pick at the time wouldn’t make sense.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
Teams need defense. Teams need prospects to groom. The fact you don’t know whom Montour or Manson is there’s no point in arguing with you. Toronto covets our RHDs and our prospects. Wish there fanbase would chime in. We got random people not knowing the landscape nor our value of the team Saying, “our players are bad”

Toronto could get us in top 10 if we made them available in a three team trade.

It’s a speculation of how we can move up in the draft and rebuild.

More logical people who know what Manson and Montour are worth please? For 500

Yikes, this is nonsense.

The old "What's the cost of this piece I want, but of course don't include anyone I'll miss." thread.

Reactions: heilongjetsfan

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
Would love Manson but don't have a first this year (muzzin) let alone a top 10 first. Not sure if any other pieces would be of interest.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Wasn’t it the other way around? Montreal or buffalo offered the pick but we didn’t take it? Since we were cup chasing moving him for a pick at the time wouldn’t make sense.

No, it was the other way around. Both Buffalo and Montreal turned it down. There were an articles from USA Today that said that teams viewed Fowler as a good #2 - #3D. There was also a podcast from Dreger that said that on a weak draft he would’ve fetched a top 10 pick but 2016 was such a deep draft that there was no way he was getting that kind of return.

Edit: Found the article. Still looking for the podcast. https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...shattenkirk-thomas-vanek-tim-murray/86353332/

Reactions: dracom

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
No way you move Rakell who’s had one down season when he’s had 2 seasons with 30 + goals. You’re being silly. There has to be some adds in there if that’s the case.
I wouldn’t give you anything higher than a 5 or 6OA for Rakell. That honestly seems pretty fair to me. And I think most rebuilding teams would probably prefer the pick to a guy who is about to turn 26. If you want to be in the top 10 you have to give up a guy like RR. The question is do you prefer something like pick 5,6,7 or 8-10 with an add of a 2nd/b prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad