Value of: If Anaheim Ducks want another top 10 pick? Asking price please?

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
No problem. You've been the only truly reasonable poster on the ducks situation since this miserable season started. Everyone else is too busy pretending that Getzlaf Perry and Kesler will find the fountain of youth or that firing Carlyle will solve every issue known to man. So I've enjoyed your rational analysis. I find it refreshing.
But beware I'm as honest with my fellow islanders fans and a lot of them don't like me either. But in my book I appreciate fans like you who strive to be rational and engage honest discussion.

Toronto has or will have 4 forwards earning 40 million dollars so their cap will be in flux for a while till Gardiner and Zaitsev are dealt with

That’s why it’s up for discussion. The entire Anaheim Ducks fan base here doesn’t like change outside of Carlyle. But I’m with you man. However! we can get another top 10 pick? And make both teams get value. All ears.... all ears.

I still have hope that Toronto would make a move to make money work. If Manson or Montour was being shopped.

Edit: We’re shopping off RHD kids here whom know! they are hot commodity and contract controlled. Y’all at the negotiating table? Understand that. Toronto should make room for them

Last edited:

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
That’s why it’s up for discussion. The entire Anaheim Ducks fan base here doesn’t like change outside of Carlyle. But I’m with you man. However! we can get another top 10 pick? And make both teams get value. All ears.... all ears.

I still have hope that Toronto would make a move to make money work. If Manson or Montour was being shopped.

Edit: We’re shopping off RHD kids here whom know! they are hot commodity and contract controlled. Y’all at the negotiating table? Understand that. Toronto should make room for them
im not saying they shouldnt, im just saying that with 5 forwards making or soon to be making $47m it kind of limits their flexibility a bit

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Just for the sake of debate
It seems a lot of us as Ducks fans have no delusion that Kesler seems done,
Perry is downside of things, and Getz while still incredible is showing the wear and tear of years of tough minutes. Nobody rational sees them as the glory days when we have a new coach. We are just stuck with them until the contracts run out.

And I would take no player of the table anymore. Fowler is great , but for a great prospect and pick I’d jump in a heartbeat.
Silfv will likely cost too much with our older guys contracts.
Even Manson, although I’d like to see him with a better coach. But he’s the type that could return more than his value for a team with a lot of holes.
Other than Lindholm and Gibson, I’d like to see what offers would be. We have some pretty good guys thatbteams could plug in for a serious cup window. Ours is closed and we need to build a new one

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Just for the sake of debate
It seems a lot of us as Ducks fans have no delusion that Kesler seems done,
Perry is downside of things, and Getz while still incredible is showing the wear and tear of years of tough minutes. Nobody rational sees them as the glory days when we have a new coach. We are just stuck with them until the contracts run out.

And I would take no player of the table anymore. Fowler is great , but for a great prospect and pick I’d jump in a heartbeat.
Silfv will likely cost too much with our older guys contracts.
Even Manson, although I’d like to see him with a better coach. But he’s the type that could return more than his value for a team with a lot of holes.
Other than Lindholm and Gibson, I’d like to see what offers would be. We have some pretty good guys thatbteams could plug in for a serious cup window. Ours is closed and we need to build a new one
Trust me pb. Despite your fair and honest words. There are many who are in denial. But as you know the first step in any project is knowing that it needs to be done. The fact that You and 405 clearly understand the issues gives you a big leg up on others.

Doggedly asserting that a coach is primarily at fault for this teams issues, and that his ouster will cure all ills, is patently ridiculous. yet we see there are those who insist that is the case. And honestly when those posters refuse to acknowledge that the age factor is very real, I can't take what they say seriously.

It's like seeing a decapitated body in the street, and bandaging their chest wound

Last edited:
Reactions: 405Exit

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
I think that’s fair. But I’m curious what Toronto and Buffalo has to offer. No offense, just curious what the market would be like which GM Murray said, “everyone’s available”. And with this losing streak makes it even more profound so.

Edit: I actually don’t mind it. I would take that offer if Toronto couldn’t do a three team trade. Which likely they could. Toronto is all in after that muzzin trade.

If Manson is on the table everyone including Liligren Sandin ,kap johnson. Pick two of those and a lesser prospect or pick

oilers4life

Jun 1, 2016
if im the oilers i would be trying to pry rakell of you guys but i have no clue what the oilers are going to be come around deadline day i think im there they would be trying make a trade that helps our salary cap sitution and helps our team long term

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Trust me pb. Despite your fair and honest words. There are many who are in denial. But as you know the first step in any project is knowing that it needs to be done. The fact that You and 405 clearly understand the issues gives you a big leg up on others.

Doggedly asserting that a coach is primarily at fault for this teams issues, and that his ouster will cure all ills, is patently ridiculous. yet we see there are those who insist that is the case. And honestly when those posters refuse to acknowledge that the age factor is very real, I can't take what they say seriously.

It's like seeing a decapitated body in the street, and bandaging their chest wound
No one is in denial. Also as an Islanders fan you should know well enough how much having an effective coach can help a team. Unless you think by subtracting JT has helped you guys become 1st in your division.

But also the fact that you and 405 agree says a lot lol. He would give up all our prospects because they didn't make an immediate impact for futures who also have no guarantee in making an impact. He would trade every roster player to Toronto or Buffalo for whatever reason so we're in perpetual state of rebuilding hoping to get draft picks that make an immediate impact on the roster even though that is absolutely foolish.

Reactions: gunnergunther

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
Outside of Lindholm, Gibson, and Rakell. The Ducks don't really have anyone who I'd give up a top 10 pick for. But they have a few guys you could package with 2nds and decent prospects who could net a lower half of the top 10 draft pick.

Reactions: Dr Quincy

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Outside of Lindholm, Gibson, and Rakell. The Ducks don't really have anyone who I'd give up a top 10 pick for. But they have a few guys you could package with 2nds and decent prospects who could net a lower half of the top 10 draft pick.
If i was another team i wouldn't give up a Top 10 pick for any of Fowler, Henrique, rental of Silf.

Our GM values Fowler twice as much as the rest of the league does.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
I mean a top 10 pick isn't a mystery box. Late 1st sure, but not a top 10 pick.

Actually the drop off in happens after 3OA not the 10th pick. Once you get past 3 the chance of them becoming a top 6 forward/top 4 D drops to about 50% or less. So... mystery box

This lists the specific percentages by draft position if you're interested https://www.tsn.ca/statistically-speaking-nhl-draft-pick-value-1.786131

chart4.jpg

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
Actually the drop off in happens after 3OA not the 10th pick. Once you get past 3 the chance of them becoming a top 6 forward/top 4 D drops to about 50% or less. So... mystery box

This lists the specific percentages by draft position if you're interested https://www.tsn.ca/statistically-speaking-nhl-draft-pick-value-1.786131

chart4.jpg
Nah if you are a top 10 pick you should be a star. It often just means you didn’t take care of yourself off the ice if you aren’t (or just aren’t lucky to be able to handle the partying and succeeding on ice).

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Nah if you are a top 10 pick you should be a star. It often just means you didn’t take care of yourself off the ice if you aren’t (or just aren’t lucky to be able to handle the partying and succeeding on ice).
Well that’s dumbest thing I’ve read this morning..and completely false.

Reactions: gunnergunther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
If I’m shopping? I would take that offer. Toronto says they don’t have cap space for Manson/Montour. How’s the cap area for Florida? And can you take cost controlled Manson or Montour and re sign em after RFA?

We currently have $9.2 million in cap space, ($13.1 million in deadline space) and will have anywhere from $18-25 million in the off-season if one of Lu retires or Reimer is moved along with Pysyk being traded at this deadline. Manson and his contract make a ton of sense for us if we're chasing both Bobrovsky and Panarin who could potentially eat up $20 million combined but hoping it's close to $17-18 million.

Re-signing Manson in three 3 years probably won't happen as we would still have Ekblad for another 3-4 years and one would assume we've developed a couple RD prospects that are ready for 2nd and 3rd pairing roles in that time.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Habs fan here , but if I were the Ducks I do not trade Rackell. There is just no point, he should be part of your re- whatever. Use your D depth.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia

chart4.jpg

And even in the top 3 there are no guarantees. There are a lot of picks in that range that fell short of the mark and some that crashed and burned.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
No one is in denial. Also as an Islanders fan you should know well enough how much having an effective coach can help a team. Unless you think by subtracting JT has helped you guys become 1st in your division.

But also the fact that you and 405 agree says a lot lol. He would give up all our prospects because they didn't make an immediate impact for futures who also have no guarantee in making an impact. He would trade every roster player to Toronto or Buffalo for whatever reason so we're in perpetual state of rebuilding hoping to get draft picks that make an immediate impact on the roster even though that is absolutely foolish.
Yes you are in denial. You are the lowest scoring team in the league. How many goals does a coach score? That's right None.

Getzlaf Perry and Kessler have slowed down. Rakell is scoring less, that's why you are in last place in scoring not Carlyle. Carlyle is just your scapegoat, nothing will change when he's gone unless you find people who can put pucks in the net.

You deserve what you get because you refuse to see reality. And your lucky to have 405 because at least he's looking at the actual problem and looking for solutions. He's not like you, trying to deny that people age and that others need to step up when that happens. It happens to everyone, so while you're busy lying to yourself, you do nothing and the problem gets worse.

It's no skin off my nose. After all I root for another team. But it's silly not to realise that sometimes you can be too close to see the problem and outside eyes can much easier understand the problem. And in this case with Perry being out, the team needed Getzlaf and Kesler to provide more and when they couldn't do it, Someone else needed to step up and no one has.

Losing Kase a key secondary piece hasn't helped either

In any case failure to accurately diagnose the issue can lead to more severe complications that denial only exacerbates.

Period The End.

Last edited:

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
And even in the top 3 there are no guarantees. There are a lot of picks in that range that fell short of the mark and some that crashed and burned.

Exactly. Top 3 have a much higher chance of ending up in the top 6 forward/top 4 D range than later picks. Statistically the drop off between 3 and the rest of the draft is larger than a low first and a 4th rounder

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
im not saying they shouldnt, im just saying that with 5 forwards making or soon to be making $47m it kind of limits their flexibility a bit

Yah it’s kinda unfortunate of events right? Either of Manson and or Montour would be good in Toronto. I’m trying to get value for everyone like Ducks did with New Jersey. We did the Henrique and vatanen swap, and it’s one of the best trades we’ve seen in years value wise.

No one got screwed in that deal.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
We currently have $9.2 million in cap space, ($13.1 million in deadline space) and will have anywhere from $18-25 million in the off-season if one of Lu retires or Reimer is moved along with Pysyk being traded at this deadline. Manson and his contract make a ton of sense for us if we're chasing both Bobrovsky and Panarin who could potentially eat up $20 million combined but hoping it's close to $17-18 million.

Re-signing Manson in three 3 years probably won't happen as we would still have Ekblad for another 3-4 years and one would assume we've developed a couple RD prospects that are ready for 2nd and 3rd pairing roles in that time.

If money makes sense we should be doing business with you. I mean Murray needs to get on the phone and start shopping. The ducks organization is in a complete hell hole at the moment.

Reactions: 72hockey guy

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Looks like no one has any idea of what to do or cover

So you on board for shopping Manson and Montour? Not sure why you posted that if not so. We can get a top 10 pick from Florida. I want Kirby with it and or Krebs.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Yes you are in denial. You are the lowest scoring team in the league. How many goals does a coach score? That's right None.

Getzlaf Perry and Kessler have slowed down. Rakell is scoring less, that's why you are in last place in scoring not Carlyle. Carlyle is just your scapegoat, nothing will change when he's gone unless you find people who can put pucks in the net.

You deserve what you get because you refuse to see reality. And your lucky to have 405 because at least he's looking at the actual problem and looking for solutions. He's not like you, trying to deny that people age and that others need to step up when that happens. It happens to everyone, so while you're busy lying to yourself, you do nothing and the problem gets worse.

It's no skin off my nose. After all I root for another team. But it's silly not to realise that sometimes you can be too close to see the problem and outside eyes can much easier understand the problem. And in this case with Perry being out, the team needed Getzlaf and Kesler to provide more and when they couldn't do it, Someone else needed to step up and no one has.

Losing Kase a key secondary piece hasn't helped either

In any case failure to accurately diagnose the issue can lead to more severe complications that denial only exacerbates.

Period The End.

Another blown out loss from Philadelphia today. Can we please do business with you Toronto? No organization should have Winnipeg tying franchise records and other teams beating teams by 4 to 5 goals a game.

We need to make it happen man. This is the worst I’ve seen ducks in for years.

You write up a 3 team trade. It makes the most sense for everyone involved. If not? We do business with florida.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad