Value of: If Anaheim Ducks want another top 10 pick? Asking price please?

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I do think they can, but even if they can't, the difference is not adding Steel who is probably the Ducks best or 2nd best forward prospect.

Correct. Montour plus add will get top 10 pick. Manson definitely can. Teams like Toronto and Buffalo would salivate over the inclusion of them. If they can swing a three team deal. Ducks need to open there phone lines and listen.

We’re talking about A Young cost controlled RHD that can win you a cup in your top 4 this fricken season.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Disagree. Manson and or Montour can be moved for a top 10 pick. Both RHD and highly valued in the league. Even if it takes a 3 team trade to acquire the pick im all ears. Even if other moving pieces need to be moved to make the money work. Ducks should and would be willing to listen.

This goes to Buffalo and Toronto if they want one of them. I’m sure other fans will chime in also

So the offer of FLA's 2019 1st + 2020 2nd or Mark Pysyk + Ian McCoshen (LD prospect) is fair in your opinion?

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
So the offer of FLA's 2019 1st + 2020 2nd or Mark Pysyk + Ian McCoshen (LD prospect) is fair in your opinion?

I think that’s fair. But I’m curious what Toronto and Buffalo has to offer. No offense, just curious what the market would be like which GM Murray said, “everyone’s available”. And with this losing streak makes it even more profound so.

Edit: I actually don’t mind it. I would take that offer if Toronto couldn’t do a three team trade. Which likely they could. Toronto is all in after that muzzin trade.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
Disagree. Manson and or Montour can be moved for a top 10 pick. Both RHD and highly valued in the league. Even if it takes a 3 team trade to acquire the pick im all ears. Even if other moving pieces need to be moved to make the money work. Ducks should and would be willing to listen.

This goes to Buffalo and Toronto if they want one of them. I’m sure other fans will chime in also

First off those statements were from other ducks fans not my own. I was quoting them. I’m not a ducks fan so I’m not sure if you want to trade those guys or not.

With that being said if any team that owns a top 10 pick this year trades their pic for one of those guys they are nuts. Unless there is more added

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I think that’s fair. But I’m curious what Toronto and Buffalo has to offer. No offense, just curious what the market would be like which GM Murray said, “everyone’s available”. And with this losing streak makes it even more profound so.

Edit: I actually don’t mind it. I would take that offer if Toronto couldn’t do a three team trade. Which likely they could. Toronto is all in after that muzzin trade.

What do you think TOR or BUF would offer? Nylander? Kapanen? Kadri? They dont have their 1st anymore so a 2020 1st likely isnt of much need from you guys.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
What do you think TOR or BUF would offer? Nylander? Kapanen? Kadri? They dont have their 1st anymore so a 2020 1st likely isnt of much need from you guys.

That’s all debatable right? I wouldn’t offer anything outrageous. Toronto sends Kapanen to “team X” Toronto gets Montour / Manson + 3rd round pick and AHL players. Anaheim receives “team x pick + prospect. I mean it’s easy for a three team trade.

Look at the NBA suns and Lakers and Pelicans were negotiating a three team trade for Anthony davis. That’s how professional sports work. I’m sure we could make it happen.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

He has not publicly said that. Lebrun specifically said he's "listening to everything" which is not the same thing.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
He has not publicly said that. Lebrun specifically said he's "listening to everything" which is not the same thing.

Read in between the lines. Everyone is available. You’re lying to yourself if you think differently. This team is on a losing streak by huge margins.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Read in between the lines. Everyone is available. You’re lying to yourself if you think differently. This team is on a losing streak by huge margins.

For the right price anybody is available. You're making shit up when you quote Murray as saying "everyone's available". He didn't say that. There's a difference, Ducksgo.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
That's fair. Do you think one year of drafting is enough though? The 3 major forwards seem to be on the decline so you're not going to be that competitive with them on declining roles when the prospects aren't ready for top line roles.
I understand keeping the D-core intact to help Gibson so he doesn't get beat down too much mentally.
Just trying to offer a solution to help the re-tool, a top 5-10 pick for a top 4 D that is nearing 30 years old is fair but a 2-3 year re-tool would be smarter imo, gives you two top 10 picks. Curious how it will play out for you guys.

I don't think one draft pick is going to turn this around alone, no, could be looking at a transitional year next year with some growing pains. But I also don't think the group is remotely as bad as they've played this year. Adding an elite young player + some other very good young talents and a coach who understands modern hockey would almost undoubtedly create at least some level of rejuvenation. I don't think they need to blow up the blueline to do that.

That being said, if there's a Ducks top 4 D who I could see being traded - it's Fowler. He has the biggest contract, yet seems the most replaceable moving forward. There just isn't anything coming up in the system to make either Manson or Montour expendable, Lindholm should be the most firmly entrenched and we have a couple good LHD prospects to possible slot into Fowler's role.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I dont know anything about Lundestrom but I think either of Fowler/Montour + Steel could comfortably get the Ducks into the top 10.

I was saying excluding Jones, Steel and Lundestrom. I have little doubt that adding one of them being added would garner a top 10 pick, but those three should only be packaged for young, immediate, and elite/borderline elite help.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
I was saying excluding Jones, Steel and Lundestrom. I have little doubt that adding one of them being added would garner a top 10 pick, but those three should only be packaged for young, immediate, and elite/borderline elite help.

Even with young and immediate help it doesn’t change a thing. You’ve seen our prospects. Even with injuries they couldn’t keep a position on the ducks. Who wants that as value??? One of the worst in the league and you can’t get a spot on the roster?

Also? What makes you think trading for a significant player changes the land scape? Team still sucks. This team only option is building through the draft.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
That’s far fetched a top 10 Pick won’t fetch you Rakell. There has to be some other moving pieces.

Ducks should be aiming for a 5-10 range draft pick. Ducks aren’t shoving out a 30 goal scorer for that. Regardless how bad this season has been.
So no Gibson, no Lindholm and now you are saying no Rakell.

What's far fetched is the Ducks adding a top 10 pick then.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
So no Gibson, no Lindholm and now you are saying no Rakell.

What's far fetched is the Ducks adding a top 10 pick then.

Apparently you haven’t been reading. Florida is offering a pick for Manson and or Montour with additives to balance it out.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Even with young and immediate help it doesn’t change a thing. You’ve seen our prospects. Even with injuries they couldn’t keep a position on the ducks. Who wants that as value??? One of the worst in the league and you can’t get a spot on the roster? What makes you think trading for a significant player changes the land scape? Team still sucks. This team only option is building through the draft.
Where do you think we got those players not that long ago? And did you know most teams don’t have their prospects immediately jump into the nhl? Did you also know that they do not require waivers to be sent down so they would be sent down over players signed to larger deals could play?

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Apparently you haven’t been reading. Florida is offering a pick for Manson and or Montour with additives to balance it out.
Apparently you haven't been reading. Florida isn't offering that. One Florida fan is.

Not exactly the same thing my man.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Even with young and immediate help it doesn’t change a thing. You’ve seen our prospects. Even with injuries they couldn’t keep a position on the ducks. Who wants that as value??? One of the worst in the league and you can’t get a spot on the roster?

Also? What makes you think trading for a significant player changes the land scape? Team still sucks. This team only option is building through the draft.

Perhaps I need to clarify, by immediate I meant next season and subsequent seasons as opposed to 3-4 years down the road which is when a large majority of players in the draft be able to provide help.

I think we have two very different views on the team. I get the sense that you believe the team needs a full rebuild, but IMO they need a retool (which they've been attempting this season) and honestly the market probably can't afford a full rebuild.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I don't see many 1sts being made available.

Rebuilding teams can't damage the rebuild
Most teams competing can only splurge so much for so long during their window.

Teams needing RD but not too thin elsewhere may bite on Manson, or 1st +/++ for Manson + Montour, but don't expect you want to go there.

I do not see a fit with Rangers.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Correct. Montour plus add will get top 10 pick. Manson definitely can. Teams like Toronto and Buffalo would salivate over the inclusion of them. If they can swing a three team deal. Ducks need to open there phone lines and listen.

We’re talking about A Young cost controlled RHD that can win you a cup in your top 4 this fricken season.
Maybe buffalo. No to toronto. They have no 1st and are limited in 3 team trade possibilities because of cap constraints unless you'd be willing to take on Zaitsev. In any 3 team scenario one team invariably takes on money. So if your giving up montour for example ( who Toronto would love) they have to both fit Montour under the cap long term and trade assets to team 3 to get that top ten pick. Zaitsev limits what Toronto can move and what cap they can take back. Team 3 isn't going to give up a top ten pick and eat salary too, just to facilitate a deal. If you cant take on salary, and Toronto cant. That only leaves team 3. And they are the ones trading the top 10 pick.

Last edited:

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Maybe buffalo. No to toronto. They have no 1st and are limited in 3 team trade possibilities because of cap constraints unless you'd be willing to take on Zaitsev. In any 3 team scenario one team invariably takes on money. So if your giving up montour for example ( who Toronto would love) they have to both fit Montour under the cap long term and trade assets to team 3 to get that top ten pick. Zaitsev limits what Toronto can move and what cap they can take back. Team 3 isn't going to give up a top ten pick and eat salary too, just to facilitate a deal. If you cant take on salary, and Toronto cant. That only leaves team 3. And they are the ones trading the top 10 pick.

Thanks for chiming in. Always thought Toronto has leverage for a 3 team trade. Appreciate your insight, I didn’t know Toronto’s cap structure. Appreciate all the information regarding where Toronto stands.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018

If I’m shopping? I would take that offer. Toronto says they don’t have cap space for Manson/Montour. How’s the cap area for Florida? And can you take cost controlled Manson or Montour and re sign em after RFA?

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
If money works? Murray needs to be phoning Florida right now. That trade makes a lot of sense for both sides

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Thanks for chiming in. Always thought Toronto has leverage for a 3 team trade. Appreciate your insight, I didn’t know Toronto’s cap structure. Appreciate all the information regarding where Toronto stands.
No problem. You've been the only truly reasonable poster on the ducks situation since this miserable season started. Everyone else is too busy pretending that Getzlaf Perry and Kesler will find the fountain of youth or that firing Carlyle will solve every issue known to man. So I've enjoyed your rational analysis. I find it refreshing.
But beware I'm as honest with my fellow islanders fans and a lot of them don't like me either. But in my book I appreciate fans like you who strive to be rational and engage honest discussion.

Toronto has or will have 4 forwards earning 40 million dollars so their cap will be in flux for a while till Gardiner and Zaitsev are dealt with

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad