Value of: If Anaheim Ducks want another top 10 pick? Asking price please?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I wouldn’t give you anything higher than a 5 or 6OA for Rakell. That honestly seems pretty fair to me. And I think most rebuilding teams would probably prefer the pick to a guy who is about to turn 26. If you want to be in the top 10 you have to give up a guy like RR. The question is do you prefer something like pick 5,6,7 or 8-10 with an add of a 2nd/b prospect.
Its kinda just a dumb request in general, from an Anaheim perspective. You keep Lindholm/manson/Montour/Gibson/kase/rakell and make them the vets of the team going forward. Unless someone offers something we cant resist on 1 of them.

Lets say Anaheim completely blows it up

Move fowler for 1st + dmen + prospect
Move Henrique for 1st + prospect
Move silf for 1st (maybe 2nd + prospect)

For sake of argument lets say we end up with 2 1sts, + 2nd + 2 B propsects and a B+ prospect.

chances are most of those 1sts are 15-28 range, the team sucks now so our pick should easily be top 5.

You add 1 of hughes/dach/Turcotte to Steel/lundestrum as future centermen for us.

Next pick you try to aim for Soderstrum/York adds to your young d core of Lindholm/Montour/Manson/Larsson/Mahura/Walinski/Drew

Last pick you either package it to move close enough to grab a high risk/high reward guy like bobby brink, add him to rakell/Ritchie/kase/sprong/terry/comtois/jones + whatever other prospects we pick up in the trades/2nd round picks.

And were pretty much right back on track, prob a down year next year with a new coach... but the year after we clear up the cap space from kesler/perry/getzlaf and have a very young talented core. so you can fill holes with the cap space

We already have a young talented goalie, and id say 2 pretty good goalie prospects in dostal/ericksson-ek

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Its kinda just a dumb request in general, from an Anaheim perspective. You keep Lindholm/manson/Montour/Gibson/kase/rakell and make them the vets of the team going forward. Unless someone offers something we cant resist on 1 of them.

Lets say Anaheim completely blows it up

Move fowler for 1st + dmen + prospect
Move Henrique for 1st + prospect
Move silf for 1st (maybe 2nd + prospect)

For sake of argument lets say we end up with 2 1sts, + 2nd + 2 B propsects and a B+ prospect.

chances are most of those 1sts are 15-28 range, the team sucks now so our pick should easily be top 5.

You add 1 of hughes/dach/Turcotte to Steel/lundestrum as future centermen for us.

Next pick you try to aim for Soderstrum/York adds to your young d core of Lindholm/Montour/Manson/Larsson/Mahura/Walinski/Drew

Last pick you either package it to move close enough to grab a high risk/high reward guy like bobby brink, add him to rakell/Ritchie/kase/sprong/terry/comtois/jones + whatever other prospects we pick up in the trades/2nd round picks.

And were pretty much right back on track, prob a down year next year with a new coach... but the year after we clear up the cap space from kesler/perry/getzlaf and have a very young talented core. so you can fill holes with the cap space

We already have a young talented goalie, and id say 2 pretty good goalie prospects in dostal/ericksson-ek

That’s a solid post. It’s exactly what Montreal did and they turned it around pretty fast. Sometimes the best way to do it is to re-tool on the fly

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Why trade a good young dman for a top 10 pick when you can trade a good young dman for an all ready productive good young forward?

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
What team that has a top 10 pick is looking to load up? Only chance of that happening would be Colorado moving the Ottawa pick and then you're probably looking at Lindholm and Gibson possibly another piece since it's top 5 with a shot at #1

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
That’s a solid post. It’s exactly what Montreal did and they turned it around pretty fast. Sometimes the best way to do it is to re-tool on the fly

Whether you re tool or rebuild. This team is garbage. And some players need a change of scenery. My idea is to build through the draft. Because organization is cheap as hell. Gives ridiculous contracts to broken players like Eaves and Kesler. And the youth of the organization takes the burn on the fire.

Lets move the conversation along on how we can acquire another top 10 pick please. Some Duck fans want to get rid of Rakell and some Orgs want that as asking price. What I’m saying now is that pick better be top 5.

The kid has two season with 30+ goals and contract controlled. Lets talk real business please.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Whether you re tool or rebuild. This team is garbage. And some players need a change of scenery. My idea is to build through the draft. Because organization is cheap as hell. Gives ridiculous contracts to broken players like Eaves and Kesler. And the youth of the organization takes the burn on the fire.

Lets move the conversation along on how we can acquire another top 10 pick please. Some Duck fans want to get rid of Rakell and some Orgs want that as asking price. What I’m saying now is that pick better be top 5.

The kid has two season with 30+ goals and contract controlled. Lets talk real business please.
Don't these two statements contradict each other?

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Why trade a good young dman for a top 10 pick when you can trade a good young dman for an all ready productive good young forward?

Money/controllable years. If you're rebuilding, acquiring a younger player through the draft arguably makes more sense. Obviously, depends a lot on who the potential ready good young forward is and his cost.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
:thumbd:
Don't these two statements contradict each other?

No they don’t, because Anaheim is cheap. We still have cap space, and they want to offer vets insane contracts. It’s not contradictory at all.

Anaheim is stuck with veterans who should have retired 2 seasons ago. But at the same time give them 5 years. But we still have cap space to sign better!!! Stop being cheap!:thumbd:

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
We already have one. Curious of price for another. Lindholm and Gibson arent available they are for our rebuild.

Anyone else is up for Negotiation.

Hoping to land Krebs the best LW in the draft and or Boldy/ Zegras.

It gives Anaheim a kick start on the rebuild of the forward group, while we still have a young core on the defensive side.

Well what does it take for a top 10 pick?

Not many teams would be willing to give away a lottery pick, but I'll bite.

Colorado, Edmonton, Minnesota and maybe Chicago would move their 1st rounders for improvements I would imagine.

Moving Rakell (25, signed to a sweetheart deal for another 3 years) makes NO sense for a team with Getzlaf/Perry that would ideally want to retool not rebuild.

Moving Henrique and Eaves as a package to a team in the hunt (the ones above) makes some sense.

Keith, Seabrook's corpse, Anisimov and Chicago's 1st for Fowler, Sustr, Henrique and a 2019 2nd makes sense for both sides.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Not many teams would be willing to give away a lottery pick, but I'll bite.

Colorado, Edmonton, Minnesota and maybe Chicago would move their 1st rounders for improvements I would imagine.

Moving Rakell (25, signed to a sweetheart deal for another 3 years) makes NO sense for a team with Getzlaf/Perry that would ideally want to retool not rebuild.

Moving Henrique and Eaves as a package to a team in the hunt (the ones above) makes some sense.

Keith, Seabrook's corpse, Anisimov and Chicago's 1st for Fowler, Sustr, Henrique and a 2019 2nd makes sense for both sides.

Please tell me how taking on Keith and Seabrook (and their contracts) make any sense for the Ducks?

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I proposed a deal at the draft centered around rakell and Puljujärvi for a top 10 pick.

Rakell is similar in age to what Bobby Ryan was when he was moved and Ryan was much more accomplished than Ricky.

If I had two shots at drafting a 1C I would move rakell for that. It has to be a top 10 pick though so any deal would be better at the draft when the picks are known.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
I don’t think Rakell gets you a top-10. No one who is drafting in the top-10 needs a win-now piece like that.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I don’t think Rakell gets you a top-10. No one who is drafting in the top-10 needs a win-now piece like that.
I would argue Edmonton is in that space. Colorado perhaps as well.

The oilers are the angels of the NHL. Do they really want to rebuild, or wait for more prospects and waste years of the best player in the league? I doubt it.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
I would argue Edmonton is in that space. Colorado perhaps as well.

The oilers are the angels of the NHL. Do they really want to rebuild, or wait for more prospects and waste years of the best player in the league? I doubt it.

I could maybe see Edmonton, but I really think they are gonna tunnel vision on another early pick. Edmonton hasn’t traded a first in a decade.

More to the point, that sets your market at 1 team. So maybe this is just an Edmonton 1st for Rakell thread?

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
And this is why it's stupid to trade him in the first place. Rakell is part of the 25 and under crew and unless you've got the 1OA pick, the best you're doing at that point is hoping that he turns into another Rakell. Once you get past pick 3 statistically there's about a 50% or less chance of them being a top 6 forward/top 4 D. Even if you're tearing it down Rakell is the kind of player you keep.

I think the stats aren't quite as bad as you make them out to be, but generally agree, and I certainly don't think trading Rakell is what Anaheim should do.

Then again, if you really want to tear it all down, guys like Rakell and Gibson might win you enough games to be a bubble team, which means you never draft very high.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I'd do Buffalo's best first for Manson but I'm sure my cohorts would disagree (I'm a Manson fanboy)

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
We already have one. Curious of price for another. Lindholm and Gibson arent available they are for our rebuild.

Anyone else is up for Negotiation.

Hoping to land Krebs the best LW in the draft and or Boldy/ Zegras.

It gives Anaheim a kick start on the rebuild of the forward group, while we still have a young core on the defensive side.

Well what does it take for a top 10 pick?
For perspective, the below players are worth a top pick (in some cases with a plus)

Picks 3-10

1. Gibson (+)
2. Lindholm (+)
3. Rakell

Picks 10-20

4. Manson
5. Montour
6. Kase

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad