Value of: If Anaheim Ducks want another top 10 pick? Asking price please?

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I don't understand why a bottom 10 team is asking another bottom 10 team to offer up their first round pick, in exchange for players they're calling worth a top 10 pick. Why not just keep who you have? The players you're offering up are still young. What is the actual need here? A forward instead of a D-man? A different position than the prospects you currently have?

I think a more likely scenario is trading with a 10-15 range team and hoping they bottom out next year, or a team on the rise looking to compete but falls short of making it over that hump.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Would STL include their 2020 1st in a trade package for Silfverberg ?
I suspect there is a chance that next season the Blues fall apart & it turns into a high lottery pick.
The Ducks Last season were bad & then suddenly fought their way back into the playoffs just like what the Blues are doing right now.

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
Trading both Rakell and Manson, and we’re not even getting an early 1st round pick and taking on a cap dump? Lol no

Maybe a camp dump was a little much but Wahlstrom should have been top 10 pick but fell to 11 due to some bad picks, late first and third for Manson isnt crazy. If you dont want to send both that is one thing but the pieces are not bad.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Maybe a camp dump was a little much but Wahlstrom should have been top 10 pick but fell to 11 due to some bad picks, late first and third for Manson isnt crazy. If you dont want to send both that is one thing but the pieces are not bad.
Never said they were bad, just not enough when we’re giving up both Rakell and Manson

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Rhd market is prob really high... manson prob cost a lot

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
For perspective, the below players are worth a top pick (in some cases with a plus)

Picks 3-10

1. Gibson (+)
2. Lindholm (+)
3. Rakell

Picks 10-20

4. Manson
5. Montour
6. Kase

Not bad, although I doubt the Ducks have any interest in moving any of those 6.
They are all young with good/great contracts with term.

This 6 right here is the new core of the Ducks.

Rakell + Manson for Isles 1st, 3rd, Wahlstrom, Ladd

Even if Ladd was not involved I have no interest in this.
I don't value Wahlstrom the same value as the 11th overall in this draft. I just trust the Ducks scouts more.
The 1st is going to be late.

Rakell>Wahlstrom
Manson>1st

Add in Ladd and this is laughable. You get 2 amazing contracts and the Ducks get a terrible one in return. Gross.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
We already have one. Curious of price for another. Lindholm and Gibson arent available they are for our rebuild.

Anyone else is up for Negotiation.

Hoping to land Krebs the best LW in the draft and or Boldy/ Zegras.

It gives Anaheim a kick start on the rebuild of the forward group, while we still have a young core on the defensive side.

Well what does it take for a top 10 pick?

I mean the 2 players that you have who are worth top 10 picks you said aren't available, its takes young star players to get young star players.

Now the value of picks 5-10 changes pick by pick depending on who is there with some important break points so that will determine the value going back.

Guys like Rackell, Manson, Kase, and Montour could be packaged together in some fashion to make the value worth it but your biggest problem will be "What team drafting in that range would rather have players in their primes now over the pick" and I'd say you'll have a hard time finding one.

This draft is really forward heavy so maybe a team needs defensive help and would swap that way but even then idk.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Not bad, although I doubt the Ducks have any interest in moving any of those 6.
They are all young with good/great contracts with term.

This 6 right here is the new core of the Ducks.

Could not agree more. I was just listing the players who I thought could return what the OP was asking.
It would be pretty foolish of them to trade any of them, IMO.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Unprotected 2020 first from the Habs plus Brook for Fowler

Big gamble for both teams. Habs were expected to bow out this year and could easily crash next year. Or the pick could be 20-30. Just never know. Also Brook is a solid looking prospect

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I’d offer the Devils 1st in a trade for Fowler after the lottery (assuming it ends up as a pick in the 4-6 range).

Wouldn’t want to risk it before we know where we’re picking though.
I'd do that trade. I feel like Fowler will keep getting hurt & becomes untradable later on.
If I was NJ i'd keep the pick & draft Byram. For the Ducks its both a salary dump & an extra top 6 pick to select Byram or Turcotte with. Imagine them getting both Cozens & Turcotte or Cozens & Byram.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Rakell + Manson for Isles 1st, 3rd, Wahlstrom, Ladd
Why would you even post this. Like seriously what went through your head I genuinely want to know.

I counter with Max Jones, our 1st and Kesler for Barzal

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
If a team has a top 10 pick that team is likely rebuilding so why would they trade arguably their most important asset in that rebuild?

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I'd do that trade. I feel like Fowler will keep getting hurt & becomes untradable later on.
If I was NJ i'd keep the pick & draft Byram. For the Ducks its both a salary dump & an extra top 6 pick to select Byram or Turcotte with. Imagine them getting both Cozens & Turcotte or Cozens & Byram.

And this is the exact reason why I don't want the Habs paying the likely hefty price and dealing some of their better assets right now for Fowler and his 6.5m long term contract. Good dman that would really help the Habs when he's healthy but that contract scares me and is a lot to take on IMO.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
:panthers

2019 1st (top 5 protected)
2020 2nd OR Mark Pysyk #4/5 RD, 1 yr left @ $2.73 million
Ian McCoshen #6/7 LD, RFA

for

:ducks

Josh Manson

Close or GTFO? Feel FLA is one of the few teams that can offer a chance at a top 10 pick + two 2nd round picks in value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad