GDT: Hurricanes visit Sharks 7:30. Possible return of Sorenson

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
During the last intermission I was cleaning out a shelf of miscellaneous junk in the other room and found a box of assorted hockey card stuff. Binders, pages, and some of the white cardboard longboxes for transporting sets and whatever in. Most of the longboxes were empty or had batches of doubles from early-to-mid-00s sets. But one of them had just 2 cards in it: one was a nondescript Marco Sturm card from one of the last couple seasons before the trade for Jumbo. But why I'm really writing the post was the other card. This (for the sake of easy posting I composited both sides of the card into the same image):

GaetzCard.png

That's amazing. :laugh:

I should totally photoshop Jumbo onto the front of the card.

I do want to take minor umbrage with the writing on the back though: BC doesn't have counties. It has an equivalent, but I know that whatever the term used to define them is, it's not 'county'. Wikipedia says like 5 provinces still use the term 'county' for their regional districts, but I've never heard it in use myself.

But who cares about that. Look at this glorious thing! :D

Solmors

<3 Data
May 3, 2010
San Jose
This is the 2nd or 3rd penalty on the sharks from the same situation. In the D-zone the winger comes out too aggressively/fast and the canes player reverses to get inside position on them so they take a penalty trying to stop the slot shot. PDB needs to tell them to cover the center of the ice, cut off the angles.

jakeytown

Aug 10, 2011
El Paso TX
Ah shit it’s because I’m not wearing my Blackpink shirt anymore. The sharks only play well when I wear their merch. Brb gonna throw it back on

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I see them as meh rather than bad. The helmet decal is certainly an eye sore to me but the sweaters aren't bad. They're not old school Islander fisherman bad or those old Kings sweaters.

The Angry Gorton's Fisherman jerseys were so bad they were awesome. Kinda like those Tampa Bay "storm" jerseys with the wave trim and rain/lightning printed on the dark blue.

The Kings ones, you mean these:

Cause those were awful. Awful like the Ducks' Wild Wing alts.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The Angry Gorton's Fisherman jerseys were so bad they were awesome. Kinda like those Tampa Bay "storm" jerseys with the wave trim and rain/lightning printed on the dark blue.

The Kings ones, you mean these:

Cause those were awful. Awful like the Ducks' Wild Wing alts.

I agree with all this.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
They're pretty bad though.

Honestly, if you go for a diagonal wordmark jersey, it's like 85% likely you're gonna blow it if you're not the Rangers.
There are a number of design problems. "Canes" doesn't have enough letters to make the diagonal line look clean and the plain red against white looks sloppy/lazy. Instead of mimicking the Rags they should have looked to the Red Wings for inspirations, something like their vintage replica jersey would have been great. With you on it's hard to make diagonal words work on a jersey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad