GDT: Hurricanes visit Sharks 7:30. Possible return of Sorenson

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
Is it me but looks like Sharks have recently played more cycle puck possession game than earlier games? And that fits our roster much better.

Reactions: Dicdonya

SharksFan17

Apr 17, 2017
Is it me but looks like Sharks have recently played more cycle puck possession game than earlier games? And that fits our roster much better.
Yeah they are better with the layers of the attack so they don't get caught all going forward as the puck gets turned over. They are supporting the puck carrier better.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
One thing I’m noticing from Jones is he knows where the puck is and where it’s going. So many times during his bad games he’s looking behind him and scrambling to find the puck but I haven’t noticed that once tonight or last game.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Less obvious Tkachuk. Did something to poss Ovi off last playoffs.
I mean he had the slewfoot on EK earlier, multiple “soft picks” that were just interference, that dive to sell the penalty (in his defense here it was a penalty). I mean maybe dirty isn’t the right word but he reminds me of a less physical Brad Marchand

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
One thing I’m noticing from Jones is he knows where the puck is and where it’s going. So many times during his bad games he’s looking behind him and scrambling to find the puck but I haven’t noticed that once tonight or last game.

Also, and i pointed this out in a different thread, Jones hasnt surrendered a goal off of sustained offensive pressure. The CGY goal was a tip play, and Hamilton's goal went off Thornton. All (im 99% sure of this) of his other goals against this year have on turnovers/odd-man rushes/special teams.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
When we signed Goodrow he had some hype around him as a skilled player. He probably could have benefitted from a year or two with the Cuda/Worcester but this was the same year we rushed Mueller into action as we had no depth whatsoever. It's possible Goodrow has another gear, not predicting him magically turning into a 20 goal scorer or anything but maybe 10 to low teens is possible.

Reactions: jakeytown

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad