GDT: Hurricanes visit Sharks 7:30. Possible return of Sorenson

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!
Just getting to this post, busy day here. Back end of back to back for Canes and it showed at times.

Looked Pretty Good last night - Jones, Goodrow, Kane!!!, Vlasic, Hertl, Cooter, Dillion,
Burns, EK and some others

- Sorenson looked rusty to me, thought he was demoted to the 4th line late in the game.
- Patty's adrenaline rush for being a shark again is starting to where off, he was not bad overall just
not the same as the first 2 games. Still contributes in other ways.
- Gambrell almost scored! He needs to get on the score sheet in other ways, hits, blocks, etc. me thinks
to stay in the line up all year.
- Radil looked meh

- Special teams where special!

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I’m genuinely shocked at how good Goodrow has looked... curious if he can keep it up.

Every player goes through slumps, and the flip side of that is that every player goes through hot streaks. Is it possible that this is the start of Goodrow turning a corner and taking another step in his development? Possibly, but very unlikely.

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
Every player goes through slumps, and the flip side of that is that every player goes through hot streaks. Is it possible that this is the start of Goodrow turning a corner and taking another step in his development? Possibly, but very unlikely.

Goodrow and Logan are fiends and you have to remember that DW is always looking to trade away Logan's friends. Goodrow is playing for his job now.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Painful Quandary

Mar 22, 2015
California
Goodrow and Logan are fiends and you have to remember that DW is always looking to trade away Logan's friends. Goodrow is playing for his job now.

The bottom-6, except Thornton, are indeed playing for jobs. We have more younger players than years before who are gunning for rosters slots. There is some extra pressure on the vets this year, and that can help shake off complacency. I know no one "wowed" during the first few games, hence the Marleau signing, but the season is long and it is not uncommon for GMs/coaches to infuse some youth to jump start the team during a slump.

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!
I’m genuinely shocked at how good Goodrow has looked... curious if he can keep it up.

Yeah, we will see. He was a good jr. player and he's been developing his NHL game to a point where he
can move up into the top 9 forwards in the line up. All good stuff for him. He's a smart physical player
and i'm glad to see him take advantage of the opportunity.

Beethovens 10th

du bist ein ungeduldiges Eichhörnchen!
Sep 27, 2017
Zentralfriedhof
Goodrow and Logan are fiends...
dirtyhed.png

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Carolina plays a passive style on the PK that the Sharks PP can just feast on. When teams don't challenge the zone entry, collapse down low, and take away the triangle, the Sharks can do their drop-pass entries and do their carefully crafted tip and slot plays.
Only passive after zone entry. The were agressive when the Sharks crossed the line and the Sharks beat it with a bunch of short passes around the pressure. These are the passes that didn't work in the first few games. This type of precision will work against most PKs. The chemistry is definitely coming.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
They were pretty high on his upside back when the first signed him then he never quite became what they described. Maybe he's finally getting there or close enough to it to be a useful player. As I've said before, confidence is everything in this sport.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Goodrow was a pretty good point producer with the Barracuda when he was given a more significant role.

Then again, so did Micheal Haley.

Reactions: Phu

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Goodrow is still all hustle and very little skill. The play doesn't die with him but no way this production sticks. Hes still earned a spot at least

Red Light Lover

Jun 6, 2015
Oakland, CA
Remember how Marcel Goc blossomed (not by much but it was an improvement over his defense only existence in SJ) in Nashville? I feel it's the same with Goodrow. The team asked him to grind it out on the 4th line because he's reliable and better than most the other 4th line centers we've had. That's how he's been sticking in the lineup. Now we're asking him to use his actual skillsets and it's been showing through. He's a big body and plays N/S with a good shot. Honestly, it's not hard to see why the coach likes him. I hope he has a good season.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Remember how Marcel Goc blossomed (not by much but it was an improvement over his defense only existence in SJ) in Nashville? I feel it's the same with Goodrow. The team asked him to grind it out on the 4th line because he's reliable and better than most the other 4th line centers we've had. That's how he's been sticking in the lineup. Now we're asking him to use his actual skillsets and it's been showing through. He's a big body and plays N/S with a good shot. Honestly, it's not hard to see why the coach likes him. I hope he has a good season.

I’ve always liked Goodrow. I think he is definitely a role player, but I’ve always felt the hate he gets on these boards is overstated. He isn’t a top-6 forward, but that doesn’t make him garbage. He is neither the worst nor most overpaid forward on our team.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I’ve always liked Goodrow. I think he is definitely a role player, but I’ve always felt the hate he gets on these boards is overstated. He isn’t a top-6 forward, but that doesn’t make him garbage. He is neither the worst nor most overpaid forward on our team.

Goodrow as a winger and Goodrow as a center are completely different players. He’s a very solid fourth line winger. He is a very bad center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->