GDT: Hurricanes visit Sharks 7:30. Possible return of Sorenson

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
I'm already nervous about that Buffalo game because we have so bad record against them.

Also I agree with other guys who has said Ferraro has been good. I have liked his game a lot. Very steady defensive game and he has some puck skills too. When Simek is back I think I would probably play Dillon with Ferraro and Dilly would play on his off side. Dillon has played on his off side before and with good results.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Was away playing hockey so I missed the game tonight, I see the shot differential, was It a lucky win for the boys or was it a good well deserved win. Jones musta played well!

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Was away playing hockey so I missed the game tonight, I see the shot differential, was It a lucky win for the boys or was it a good well deserved win. Jones musta played well!

Jones did play well. It was also firewagon hockey at some points, but on the whole the team looked good considering how strong Carolina's been to start this season.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Jones on TV postgame interview:

- yeah, they had a strong push at the start of the game, it's nice to feel the puck a little bit, thought we got better as the game went on, and special teams were good for us
- we've gotten better every game, you throw in Kaner and Patty Marleau, those guys have really helped us out a lot, hopefully we continue to grow here
- [what do you want to see from the team in the next 2 home games?] a lot of the same, we're smart with the puck, we get pucks in and forecheck hard, we're hard to beat

Kane on radio postgame interview:

- [on his goals] we kept it simple, we got some pucks to the net there, Tommy going to the net there, kinda lying between his feet and him having the mindset to just kinda leave it there for me, was able to put that first one away, and then 2nd one again getting pucks to the net, I'm in the right spot at the right time and was able to put that rebound home, and the 3rd goal we drew up a play with 25 seconds there left in the period on the power play and we executed it to perfection
- [on the 1st goal, did Hertl know you were coming?] I think so, I think he saw me, I was hoping he did, and I was happy that he left it for me there
- [what did you like the most about the team's win?] I thought even though we had that 2 goal lead in the 1st period, they spent a lot more time in our zone then we did in theirs, and I thought we did a great job of kinda correcting that and having a great 2nd period there and spending a lot of time in their zone and being a lot harder to play against [in] our D-zone there, and we did a great job playing with the lead in the 3rd and were able to close it out
- [what did you like about the PP?] we were moving the puck, we were working for each other, we were keeping it simple, that seems to be the recipe for our success on the power play

Reactions: slocal

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011

The Oilers won 6-3 while getting outshot 52-22 so we don't look too bad compared to that. Canes are a great possession team so they dominated at times but Sharks played well.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kind of ironic that Brownie said in the post game that when the team is not allowing all the odd man rushes and playing ''Pete DeBoer Hockey'', Martin Jones has their back and plays well.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I don't think the possession metrics are really accurate when it comes to Carolina. Not only from a shot quality perspective but when you consider that their aggressive style leads to high danger chances the other way (and penalties). The Sharks were able to work it down low against Carolina with ease.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Really hesitant to ask this but.....
Are we gud again?

not yet. They definitely need another top six forward. I wish we could have kept Gus at a discount. The boys are definitely playing better and Jones and Dell look a lot better

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I don't think the possession metrics are really accurate when it comes to Carolina. Not only from a shot quality perspective but when you consider that their aggressive style leads to high danger chances the other way (and penalties). The Sharks were able to work it down low against Carolina with ease.

Well, the Sharks scored early and then held a multi-goal lead for two-thirds of the game. What hurt them, in terms of possession metrics, was their lack of offense, which can be forgiven when you consider that they had a multi-goal lead. The rate at which they allowed shots and expected goals against Carolina was very good, and especially so after the first period where they were probably a bit lucky to only allow 1 goal.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I thought this was the best game of the Sharks season. Carolina is a fast team (Someone said Vegas east, which is a pretty apt comparison) and the Sharks hung with them. It took a bit to get going but they got out to a 3 goal lead and hung in there till the end. It was a good team win with a game to go before an east coast trip that should help build more chemistry.

Reactions: Phu

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
Despite Vegas getting their pound of flesh against us they are just 2 points ahead of us with the same amount of games being played.

Reactions: Phu

Solmors

<3 Data
May 3, 2010
San Jose

that play we thought was terrible onthe PP by Labanc was a also a ridiculously good sweep check by Slavin.

True. But he should know that Slavin would try that before it happens and either pull it out of reach on the backhand, or get his skate in the way of the sweeping stick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->