GDT: Hurricanes visit Sharks 7:30. Possible return of Sorenson

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
The Burger King jersey is the GOAT

The logo is painfully 90s and though I don't mind asymmetry (I loved the blue Thrashers alts with their mismatched sleeves), I don't like it spanning the entire torso of the jersey and the sleeves. Also I think it being on a white jersey makes it worse. If it was lighter colours on a black or purple jersey it might've been a bit better. Probably not enough to save it, but better than what they did.

That said, at least they're not those hilarious mid-90s Blues proposed alts that Mike Keenan refused to let the team wear.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
The logo is painfully 90s and though I don't mind asymmetry (I loved the blue Thrashers alts with their mismatched sleeves), I don't like it spanning the entire torso of the jersey and the sleeves. Also I think it being on a white jersey makes it worse. If it was lighter colours on a black or purple jersey it might've been a bit better. Probably not enough to save it, but better than what they did.

That said, at least they're not those hilarious mid-90s Blues proposed alts that Mike Keenan refused to let the team wear.

I can't stand those Kings jerseys. God awful in every way.

The 90s either had fantastic jerseys or awful ones.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Angry Gorton's Fisherman jerseys were so bad they were awesome. Kinda like those Tampa Bay "storm" jerseys with the wave trim and rain/lightning printed on the dark blue.

The Kings ones, you mean these:

Cause those were awful. Awful like the Ducks' Wild Wing alts.
OOFFFFF!!!!

I forgot these even existed. I don't wanna forget that these existed. :eek:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
There are a number of design problems. "Canes" doesn't have enough letters to make the diagonal line look clean and the plain red against white looks sloppy/lazy. Instead of mimicking the Rags they should have looked to the Red Wings for inspirations, something like their vintage replica jersey would have been great. With you on it's hard to make diagonal words work on a jersey.

If I can at least give this uni one bit of credit, it's that I'm glad they didn't do what a lot of "retro/clean" jersey design enthusiasts do and instead kept their waist stripe. I love the boxy hurricane warning flag stripe. It's like the one ongoing iconic bit of Carolina design.

But like you said, making a diagonal word just "Canes" doesn't work. They should've seen that from the failures that were Ottawa's SNES.... sorry... "Sens" jerseys and the Tampa Bay "Bolts" ones.

also the letters aren't plain red. They actually do have the hurricane flag boxes inside each letter (most obvious in the vertical stretch on the "C"). But it's so dark that it's hard to make out clearly unless the camera's realy in tight.

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
The Angry Gorton's Fisherman jerseys were so bad they were awesome. Kinda like those Tampa Bay "storm" jerseys with the wave trim and rain/lightning printed on the dark blue.

The Kings ones, you mean these:

Cause those were awful. Awful like the Ducks' Wild Wing alts.
Those might work as a soccer Jersey though

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
Kane is team player! He could've shot it himself but he passed it to Herlt for an easy goal.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
OOFFFFF!!!!

I forgot these even existed. I don't wanna forget that these existed. :eek:

The Sharks are really lucky that they're the only California team that didn't put out a horrifying 90s alternate jersey like LA and Anaheim did. I may not always love their obsession with a relatively plain black alt, but at least they're never worse than "It's a little too black, but still decent"

Reactions: Bleedred

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
SNOG announcement

The SNOG streak is up to 5!

SNOG
5-2 Sharks
Meier, Couture, Kane, Marleau, Gambrell
Aho, Staal

Congrats @gaucholoco3 on your 2nd career SNOG and 1st SNOG of the year!

SNOG 2019-01-15 gaucholoco3.jpg

#Date / Opponent
SNOG Winner(s)
Result
1Oct. 2 at Golden KnightsnoneVGK 4-1
2Oct. 4 vs Golden KnightsnoneVGK 5-1
3Oct. 5 at Ducksthemelkman, LeeIFBBDucks 3-1
4Oct. 8 at PredatorsseroesPredators 5-2
5Oct. 10 at BlackhawksthemelkmanSharks 5-4
6Oct. 13 vs FlamesThePlanetSharks 3-1
7Oct. 16 vs Hurricanesgaucholoco3Sharks 5-2
[THEAD] [/THEAD]