Speculation: Hurricanes moving Skinner or Faulk possibly this time for real? (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Eh? The leafs D is bad enough that it sticks out compared to the forward group. Faulk would make them A LOT better. Like Boston should actually worry better, not manufactured worry because they got Tavares better
Faulk is like Gardiner...flashes of brilliance with to many dashes of stupidity. If he was more defensively aware, i'd be all over it, but he's not a good partner for Rielly...and a Gardiner/Faulk pairing would be like watching Keystone cops.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
What's that got to do with it?

There are times where info shared is just fan opinion, there are times where there is direct info coming from the team/player/agent (ie...Habs not re-signing MaxPac), and there are times when notable insiders (McKenzie, Friedman, etc...) have info. Bleed simply stated that the poster couldn't be sure that the team has no interest, especially to the point of said poster using bold and caps for effect.

Missed the point did you ? We are not talking about legit source . A proposal made on these boards are made for fans to discuss . Lots of Edmonton fans have no interest in Faulk . Lots do . I for one want nothing to do with him and Edmonton certainly isn't sent cheap ELC contracts back for him .

1 Maybe Edmonton management would add Faulk but common sense would tell you at the very least equal money has to go back . That is a fact not an opinion . So forget the Yamamoto and Puljujarvi asked

2) We just drafted a big RD that puts up tons of points and was consider NHL ready by lots of scouts Common sense would say we at least give him 9 games in the NHL to see if he is ready . So with Larsson . Nurse , Sekera , Russell , Benning , Klefbom , Bear , Gravel and Bouchard why would we need another D ?

3) Faulk has declined over the last 3 years . He isn't worth the asking price from Canes fans

4) Since you are so quick to Jump on CO . Why not jump on Canes fans who say the want nothing to do with Lucic . Doesn't the same rules apply to them ? Fact is the GM of the Canes said he wanted to get harder to play against . Lucic does that . So he checks what your GM wanted . Yet fans are saying that want nothing to do with Lucic . Yet you jump on Edmonton fans for saying they want nothing to do with no defence Faulk . Kettle meet Pot

Last edited:

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
**** no. We've been through this a billion times. EDMONTON HAS NO INTEREST IN FAULK.

However, I am all for Lucic + 1st + 3rd for Skinner. We get a fast goal scorer for Drai and the Canes get toughness and a veteran presence to play in the top 6. Something they wanted.

You say Edmonton has no interest in Faulk. I am sure the canes have even less interest in Lucic.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
2019 1st (lottery protected), top 5 protected in 2020 if not + brown + 2nd for faulk + mckeown

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Faulk is like Gardiner...flashes of brilliance with to many dashes of stupidity. If he was more defensively aware, i'd be all over it, but he's not a good partner for Rielly...and a Gardiner/Faulk pairing would be like watching Keystone cops.

Really? Last time I remember watching Faulk he was as Carolinas best d-man. Why’d they keep him over Hanifin?

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Yeah, going up against Justin Faulk is a lot more terrifying than going up against John Tavares.

Sure thing, bahd.

Love your username

Going up against the individual player isn’t my point, the point is the leafs strengthened an area of strength and did nothing to strengthen an area of weakness. If they had added to the d I would say they’d challenge Tampa for first and be a good bet to make the ECF, as it stands I think they’ll be in a dog fight with Boston and could get bounced in the first round again

Reactions: Scott Malkinson

Not Jared Cowen

Oct 1, 2004
Really? Last time I remember watching Faulk he was as Carolinas best d-man. Why’d they keep him over Hanifin?

Because Faulk wasn’t valuable enough to return Dougie Hamilton.

Two years ago you could argue he was their #1. Today Faulk is Carolina’s fourth best d-man. Slavin, Pesce and Hamilton are all above Faulk now.

Reactions: KnightofBoston

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto

I certainly haven't seen enough of Faulk, but I don't think of him as bonehead/brilliant dichotomy d-man. He certainly has value, but I do agree: he might not be the right fit for TOR.

Edit - I do like Faulk, but I could see why others might see another D as a better fit.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Leafs would be happy to give up Nylander to get their right handed D who's CF% is sub 43% EV and who has 179 dmen in the league who plays harder minutes...NOT

Sounds like a match, a D-man who cant handle harder minutes for a winger who cant handle harder matchups and don´t dare get into the corners.

Reactions: Notsince67

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
What would you offer that would make Canes intressted? Let me guess a of random collection of picks and lesser prospects??
Offer something useful from Leafs roster then...
Nothing, i don't have interest in Faulk. That doesn't change the fact that if the Canes are targeting Nylander, Faulk wouldn't be the Canes D that the Leafs would be looking at.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
What would you offer that would make Canes intressted? Let me guess a of random collection of picks and lesser prospects??
Offer something useful from Leafs roster then...

Grundstom. Brown, and a 2nd in 2019 for Faulk, Bean, and a 6th round pick in 2020.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I certainly haven't seen enough of Faulk, but I don't think of him as bonehead/brilliant dichotomy d-man. He certainly has value, but I do agree: he might not be the right fit for TOR.

Edit - I do like Faulk, but I could see why others might see another D as a better fit.
He does have value, like Gardiner. His value lies within a team that can shelter him with a solid D 1st partner...that's not Toronto, they need that D 1st type.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Have to wonder if there is a swap of assets of Faulk+ for Trouba.. Both filling eachother's needs... similar cash.... Both under team control for 2 years....

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Have to wonder if there is a swap of assets of Faulk+ for Trouba.. Both filling eachother's needs... similar cash.... Both under team control for 2 years....

'Canes can trade Faulk because they have Pesce, Hamilton, Van Reimsdyk down the right side with Roland McKeown for depth.

In fact they're exerted to trade Faulk because it makes little sense to pay him 6 million for 3rd pairing, 2nd unit PP time.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Missed the point did you ? We are not talking about legit source . A proposal made on these boards are made for fans to discuss . Lots of Edmonton fans have no interest in Faulk . Lots do . I for one want nothing to do with him and Edmonton certainly isn't sent cheap ELC contracts back for him .

Understood the point perfectly, just didn't agree with it, but you seem to be missing my point. The poster IN BIG BOLD CAPS said the Oilers have no interest in Faulk. Bleed just stated that fans have no interest and the Oilers may or may not have interest, it's as simple as that. If 2 months ago, someone would have proposed Dougie Hamilton to Carolina, we Canes fans would have said it makes absolutely no sense with Faulk, Pesce, TVR, and McKeown on the RHD side along with Slavin, Hanifin, Fleury and Bean on the LHD side. It would have been common sense that the Canes wouldn't trade for Hamilton, yet here we are.

1 Maybe Edmonton management would add Faulk but common sense would tell you at the very least equal money has to go back . That is a fact not an opinion . So forget the Yamamoto and Puljujarvi asked

Pretty sure no Canes fans asked for Yamamoto. The poster "mattydamon" is from Victoria BC and not a Canes fan. I didn't see anyone ask for Puljujarvi in this thread either, but maybe I missed it.

2) We just drafted a big RD that puts up tons of points and was consider NHL ready by lots of scouts Common sense would say we at least give him 9 games in the NHL to see if he is ready . So with Larsson . Nurse , Sekera , Russell , Benning , Klefbom , Bear , Gravel and Bouchard why would we need another D ?

See Hamilton point above.

3) Faulk has declined over the last 3 years . He isn't worth the asking price from Canes fans

Maybe, but the "asking prices" in this thread were mainly from non-Canes fans. Most Canes fans seem to think we aren't going to get top dollar for either Skinner or Faulk.

4) Since you are so quick to Jump on CO . Why not jump on Canes fans who say the want nothing to do with Lucic . Doesn't the same rules apply to them ? Fact is the GM of the Canes said he wanted to get harder to play against . Lucic does that . So he checks what your GM wanted . Yet fans are saying that want nothing to do with Lucic . Yet you jump on Edmonton fans for saying they want nothing to do with no defence Faulk . Kettle meet Pot

1) What are you talking about? I never responded to CO at all.
2) To your Lucic point, you must clearly see that it was a "retaliatory" type post in the first place, made in response to the other post.
3) I never jumped on anyone in this thread so your Kettle meet Pot makes zero sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad