Speculation: Hurricanes moving Skinner or Faulk possibly this time for real? (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com

DeCock posted this tweet just now after earlier posting an article that stated that it looked like Skinner and Faulk would both be back. So there must be some renewed discussions.

Still a long ways from definite but it’s something

MOD WARNING
Enough with the anatomical references. I've already deleted a bunch, and any more will get an infraction.

Last edited by a moderator:

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Canes beat writer put out a column earlier today basically saying the team expected both players back on the traing camp roster. Seems like now things have changed...maybe...

Who wants a 2nd pair RHD ona team friendly deal or a guy who can score 30 for you on a 3rd line as a 1 year rental (personally I hope Skinner sticks around til the deadline at least)?

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Faulk to EDM for 2nd + Yamamoto

How close is Yamamoto to being NHL ready? I seem to remember him getting some games last year at least before going back to junior. CAR really needs a proven top 6 guy back, especially if they’re dealing Skinner too. However, I think this is a good base.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
i dont see why they trade skinner, this is a huge year for carolina and they need his goals.

Skinner scored 37 two years ago under then Assistant Coach (now HC) Rod Brind’Amour. He’s motivated in a contract year. The Canes will likely only move him in a hockey deal for an impact player that fits the team better. As the article says, the Canes price has been high.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
He won't come cheap and isn't a great fit for the Leafs needs so I'd rather wait and see what they have

A Leafs team with Faulk in and Gardiner out is more balanced for handedness. Could Dubas find a way to do it? Obviously a 3rd team would be involved.

Reactions: NovaLeaf

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
I can't see a realistic deal with both of them being moved.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
nah i'd rather keep Gardiner in that case. Faulk only makes sense if we're actually adding to our defense

Well, Dermott could be ready for a bigger role.

Reilly - Faulk
Dermott - Zaitsev
Hainsey - Carrick/Borgman

Still a fairly meh defense for a contender.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Don't mess this up, you have a good lineup for next year.

Faulk is the easy one, but Skinner trade/his replacement scares me a bit.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
My somewhat educated guess says Faulk to CHI and Skinner to PIT eventually, or both Faulk and Skinner with retention to CHI for Saad plus pick(s) or Beaudin.

TOR could use a RHD, but Faulk may not be what they’re looking for. Pesce probably fits what they’re looking for, but he’s too valuable to CAR and is on a sweetheart of a deal. In either Faulk or Pesce’s case, I also doubt TOR would be willing to pony up the asking price. (I.e.-Leivo, Brown, Carrick, Kapanen plus a 2nd ain’t gonna cut it...)

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Canes are looking to take a step this year. I can’t imagine a hockey trade of Skinner or Faulk that would suit them for this upcoming season

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Canes are looking to take a step this year. I can’t imagine a hockey trade of Skinner or Faulk that would suit them for this upcoming season

They are set on defense even after Faulk, and if Faulk brings back a forward they are looking stronger.

Slavin- Hamilton
DeHaan- Pesce
Fleury- TVR
Fox
and yes this time I went with Hamilton.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Faulk to EDM for 2nd + Yamamoto
f*** no. We've been through this a billion times. EDMONTON HAS NO INTEREST IN FAULK.

However, I am all for Lucic + 1st + 3rd for Skinner. We get a fast goal scorer for Drai and the Canes get toughness and a veteran presence to play in the top 6. Something they wanted.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
**** no. We've been through this a billion times. EDMONTON HAS NO INTEREST IN FAULK.

However, I am all for Lucic + 1st + 3rd for Skinner. We get a fast goal scorer for Drai and the Canes get toughness and a veteran presence to play in the top 6. Something they wanted.

Just like you think EDM has 0 interest in Faulk, I can assure you CAR has absolute no interest in Lucic’s contract. They’ve already made their “toughness” moves in adding Martinook to the bottom 6 and Ferland to the top 6, though top 9 is probably more apt for him. Svechnikov too is not afraid to throw a hit. They can certainly deal Skinner without taking on an albatross of a deal the one Lucic has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->