Speculation: Hurricanes moving Skinner or Faulk possibly this time for real? (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Faulk doesn’t matter so much, with 2 years left on his deal, but I’d be doing all I could to either sign or trade Skinner right now. He’s not a guy you trade as a rental or let walk for free.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Enough with the anatomical references. I've already deleted a bunch, and any more will get an infraction.

PitchNHL

Jul 18, 2018
**** no. We've been through this a billion times. EDMONTON HAS NO INTEREST IN FAULK.

However, I am all for Lucic + 1st + 3rd for Skinner. We get a fast goal scorer for Drai and the Canes get toughness and a veteran presence to play in the top 6. Something they wanted.
I’ve seen multiple edm fans post about him... unless you work for the organization I would say edm probably has interest. Oh, and lucic + a 1st for skinner?? Are you joking.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
That’s why you don’t trade Gardiner in the deal. Canes could use a forward. Make a deal around Brown + Pick +/or Prospect

Rielly - Faulk
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Dermott - Hainsey

I doubt Canes wants pick and prospects, they want playoff.
Make an offer that makes sense for Canes aswell, not just Leafs.
Im not even a Cane fan, but I guess Nylander would be a target, and if you dont like it, look somewhere else.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
A bit off topic, but curious what canes fans think the value of Victor Rask would be right now and if there is much desire to move him.

If we get a top 6 center back in a deal involving Skinner or Faulk, then yes we could move him. Desire isn’t there currently but a new center would help. I’d expect he’ll be moved by next season. He is in Wallmark’s spot and the 2nd year of Wallmark’s deal is one-way. I’d say a 2nd rounder, possibly 2 that are spread out.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Aho - Staal - Teravainen
Skinner - Rask - Williams
Ferland - Necas - Svechnikov
McGinn - Wallmark - Zykov

Slavin - Hamilton
De Haan - Faulk
Fleury - Pesce
Van Reimsdyk

Mrazek-Darling

I don't see any need for a trade just to make a trade. If Carolina finds good goaltending, they're competing for playoff spot. Which would be a fantastic way to introduce Necas and Svechnikov to a winning culture, in Brind'Amour's first year.

Fleury can be sent down to the AHL if need be as he is still waiver exempt. I don't think they split up Slavin-Pesce so it would likely be something more along the lines of:

Slavin-Pesce
De Haan-Hamilton
TVR-Faulk

PP1: Hamilton
PP2: Faulk

PK1: Slavin-Pesce
PK2: De Haan - TVR/Hamilton

Canes can EASILY still use Skinner in the line-up. If they move him, it's because it's a MaxPac situation where they know they won't be re-signing him in the offseason so rather than wait for the deadline, try to get something for him now.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I mean.....I get you don’t want him. How the hell do you have any idea the team doesn’t?

And to the level you can bold and all cap it!? I’m doubting your “in” ness with the team to the bold and all cap it level.

Then why are you on these boards ? 90% of the proposals are fantasy . This board is Fans throwing shit out there to make their team better . Faulk does not make Edmonton better when considering all things

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Then why are you on these boards ? 90% of the proposals are fantasy . This board is Fans throwing **** out there to make their team better . Faulk does not make Edmonton better when considering all things

What's that got to do with it?

There are times where info shared is just fan opinion, there are times where there is direct info coming from the team/player/agent (ie...Habs not re-signing MaxPac), and there are times when notable insiders (McKenzie, Friedman, etc...) have info. Bleed simply stated that the poster couldn't be sure that the team has no interest, especially to the point of said poster using bold and caps for effect.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Eh? The leafs D is bad enough that it sticks out compared to the forward group. Faulk would make them A LOT better. Like Boston should actually worry better, not manufactured worry because they got Tavares better
A whole lot of this.

He would essentially move Hainsey down to the third pairing where he would replace one of Ozhiganov, Holl or....

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
How close is Yamamoto to being NHL ready? I seem to remember him getting some games last year at least before going back to junior. CAR really needs a proven top 6 guy back, especially if they’re dealing Skinner too. However, I think this is a good base.

I think hes ready. Reminds me of Paul Kariya. I think he'll be a 60 point guy in a few years.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I think the Leafs can beat the Yam +2nd package from Edmonton.

Gardiner Reilly
Dermott Faulk
Hainsey Zaitsev
Borgman/ Rosen Carrick/Holl

Decent back end with 2 LHD/ RHD who can play in case of injury.
They can beat it but why would they? Faulk doesn't fit on the leafs

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Im not even a Cane fan, but I guess Nylander would be a target, and if you dont like it, look somewhere else.

You can't even pretend to believe Justin Faulk has the value of William Nylander.

A young top 9 forward, a pick and a prospect is such a basic deal for a top 4 d-man like Faulk.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Leafs would be happy to give up Nylander to get their right handed D who's CF% is sub 43% EV and who has 179 dmen in the league who plays harder minutes...NOT

Reactions: Brock Radunske

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
1) we can’t afford it

2) the organization loves Yamamoto

3) how on earth does Faulk have effectively 1st+2nd value after the last two seasons

4) No.

And to add... The Oilers don't need to spend prime assets on a PP QB with Bouchard and Bear waiting in the wings. They need Yamamoto more than they need Faulk.

In the meantime, they just need Klefbom to be healthy and for Lucic to park his big fat rear in front of the net and they can have a good PP again.

However, I'll disagree that Faulk doesn't have 1st+2nd value. He's still pretty young, right handed, scores a lot of goals, can QB a PP and has an affordable contract for the next 2 years so some team will pony up a significant return for him.
Skinner is a guy who could have been of interest for the Oilers if the GM didn't put them in cap hell.

Last edited:

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Sorry, Toronto already has their own Justin faulk...his name is Nikita Zaitzev, and while he's a #4, he's not "that good"

At the same time, we're trying to upgrade our defense and another #4 is not helping much. Definitely not worth the cost.

Reactions: Confucius

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Yeah, as a Canes fan, I can't see any way Faulk returns a player like Nylander. Forget about what you think about Faulk as a player, he's a UFA in 2 years.

Depending on what happens with Skinner, the Canes may be able to take futures back for him since they don't need any defense coming back. If Skinner is moved for futures though, I'd suspect they'd want an NHL forward coming back. I suspect come training camp, there may be some injuries or teams see they aren't as set as they'd hoped on the back end and it may allow for some movement.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I think it WILL be a futures trade to be honest. If Faulk is being traded because we have someone else his job and have TVR for third pairing it makes sense we aren’t looking to take much salary back. A young player/prospect/pick trade I would agree is the most likely trade for us unless there’s a scoring forward to replace Skinner out there, and then HE is traded for a futures package.

Skinner replacement or futures.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad