Speculation: Hurricanes moving Skinner or Faulk possibly this time for real? (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
I think the Leafs can beat the Yam +2nd package from Edmonton.

Gardiner Reilly
Dermott Faulk
Hainsey Zaitsev
Borgman/ Rosen Carrick/Holl

Decent back end with 2 LHD/ RHD who can play in case of injury.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Faulk and Skinner for RNH and big + —> RNH for Comrie+

RNH is not available for rentals and guys that can’t defend to save their lives.

You know what - RNH is just not available. Whoever the f*** the Comrie is you’re referring to.

Gardiner Reilly
Dermott Faulk
Hainsey Zaitsev

Edmonton isn’t offering that, so yeah, fire away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 780il

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
NYI could use another RHD.

Boychuk’s minutes need to be decreased, and Pulock only has one season under his belt.

Not too mention the only real powerplay caliber defensemen on the team are Leddy and Pulock, and Faulk would be huge upgrade on Boychuk/Hickey on the man advantage.

I think the price would be too high for NYI considering this is by all accounts an “evaluation” year for them.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
It didn't take long for the Faulk bashing by Oilers fans to start.

He now has an NTC, btw. I'm not sure why he would waive it for Edmonton. Between that and the lack of interest on the Oilers' side, it's time to bury the Faulk to Edmonton concept.

Oh we’re sorry, it’s only the 12,000th time Faulk to Edmonton for an overpayment in cost controlled young assets that we desperately need to keep has been proposed. We’ve got Bear and Bouchard coming. We didn’t want him before the draft and we sure don’t want him now.

Agreed completely, bury it and bury it deep. Cap it off with one of those medieval graveyard zombie cages so it can’t claw out again.

Reactions: 780il

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

Gardiner Reilly
Dermott Faulk
Hainsey Zaitsev

So...what's the proposal?

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012

He now has an NTC, btw. I'm not sure why he would waive it for Edmonton. Between that and the lack of interest on the Oilers' side, it's time to bury the Faulk to Edmonton concept.

It was literally one guy. One guy who doesn't like Faulk and that's his right to like or not like Faulk.

Why did you choose to broad strokes claim that Oilers fans are bashing Faulk?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Unless someone really wants Faulk, I think the league will just wait to see how the season unfolds with Carolina. They've kind of painted themselves into a corner with Hamilton, Pesce, Van Riemsdyk and Faulk all penciled into their depth chart next season. I don't doubt there'll be suitors, but I question whether any of them are willing to pay the premium Waddell likely expects for him.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Remember when Vegas loaded up on dmen and went into the season with like 9 of them on the roster.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina

That's still very questionable. I know 1 or 2 writers have reported that a NTC kicked in for Faulk at the start of the month, but I've read other reports since then that Faulk doesn't have a NTC. CapFriendly doesn't list him with one, and they're usually quite accurate. And Luke's article sure makes it sound like he doesn't have one:

"The Hurricanes’ asking price for both has been high, as it should be for two players with their ability at their age, and Skinner’s no-trade clause has thrown a complicating wrench into the works. So after months of open discussion about trading both players, they may not end up trading either of them after all.":

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
It was literally one guy. One guy who doesn't like Faulk and that's his right to like or not like Faulk.

Why did you choose to broad strokes claim that Oilers fans are bashing Faulk?

He’s not the only one. VainGretzky will be here any minute for the +/- discussion. Maybe oilerbear will pop up to talk up HDSC. I’ve read enough of the 20+ threads about Faulk to Edmonton this year to know how these generally go.

But, you’re right. I should have said “It didn't take long for the Faulk bashing by certain Oilers fans to start.”

Reactions: DaveG

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
That's still very questionable. I know 1 or 2 writers have reported that a NTC kicked in for Faulk at the start of the month, but I've read other reports since then that Faulk doesn't have a NTC. CapFriendly doesn't list him with one, and they're usually quite accurate. And Luke's article sure makes it sound like he doesn't have one:

"The Hurricanes’ asking price for both has been high, as it should be for two players with their ability at their age, and Skinner’s no-trade clause has thrown a complicating wrench into the works. So after months of open discussion about trading both players, they may not end up trading either of them after all.":

Faulk’s NTC is far less restrictive than Skinner’s. Perhaps that’s why he didn’t bring it up in that thought.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Unless someone really wants Faulk, I think the league will just wait to see how the season unfolds with Carolina. They've kind of painted themselves into a corner with Hamilton, Pesce, Van Riemsdyk and Faulk all penciled into their depth chart next season. I don't doubt there'll be suitors, but I question whether any of them are willing to pay the premium Waddell likely expects for him.

I don't think they've painted themselves into a corner.

They've created a great player to trade.

They will get a good piece for Faulk.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Unsure where Faulk is going to fit with Hamilton, Pesce, and TVR on the right. Lots of teams out there need an offensive RHD should be able to get a good return.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I don't think they've painted themselves into a corner.

They've created a great player to trade.

They will get a good piece for Faulk.
He's coming off of his worst season to date and the acquisition of Dougie Hamilton would lead you to believe the team doesn't value him as highly as they once did. The lustre has come off.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
What would the Canes want from Edmonton for Skinner? Keep in mind that we'd need to move out some salary to squeeze him onto our team.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
He's coming off of his worst season to date and the acquisition of Dougie Hamilton would lead you to believe the team doesn't value him as highly as they once did. The lustre has come off.

It may have.

But, they will get a good piece for him.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
It may have.

But, they will get a good piece for him.

That maybe debatable but the idea from some that he has negative value is a bit ridiculous IMO. Guy can score goals from the point and that is a valuable asset in the NHL. Add to that his contract isn't an overpay and he should have some value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad