Speculation: Hurricanes moving Skinner or Faulk possibly this time for real? (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Skinner scored 37 two years ago under then Assistant Coach (now HC) Rod Brind’Amour. He’s motivated in a contract year. The Canes will likely only move him in a hockey deal for an impact player that fits the team better. As the article says, the Canes price has been high.

Oh Pu. An impact player you say?

Reactions: Confucius

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Waddell making a questionable trade doesn’t change the fact that that proposal was bad and didn’t contain the impact players he claimed to be including.
That proposal was bad? You just saw a real world trade of scraps for Skinner; tell me how it was bad?

Reactions: Confucius

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Dundon has said that he's willing to spend but he wants to do so wisely. He's also said he that he wants to put his money on the ice. Picking up DeHaan to further bolster an already deep defense at $4.55m per seems to be a fair indication that he's willing to do that. But hey, you've apparently locked onto a narrative, don't let any facts get in the way of it! :shakehead

Looks like he just cut the budget and got random futures back for Skinner. de Haan is also cheaper than Faulk, so that looks like a cost cutting move if you're subbing one in and swapping out the other for more futures.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
According to LeBrun at the draft, the asking price from MTL was 2 2nd rd picks. MTL apparently balked at that price. I’d rather keep Rask, at least until the team has an idea of Necas can do at the NHL level.

His value is probably somewhere around a 2nd rd pick plus b prospect. I’m not sure it really makes sense to trade him for that though unless Dundon really wants to be rid of his contract. Rask is a viable NHL C with 2 40pt seasons under his belt. He’s just coming off of a really bad season.

Funny how the Habs ended up moving 2 second round picks for Andrew Shaw but not Victor Rask...

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Looks like he just cut the budget and got random futures back for Skinner. de Haan is also cheaper than Faulk, so that looks like a cost cutting move if you're subbing one in and swapping out the other for more futures.

CDH and Faulk play opposite sides. There is no “swapping out” or “cost cutting” going on there. Hamilton made Faulk expendable because he’s a much better player.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
CDH and Faulk play opposite sides. There is no “swapping out” or “cost cutting” going on there. Hamilton made Faulk expendable because he’s a much better player.

Well, it's actually Hanifin and possibly Faulk out, Hamilton and de Haan in.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Dubas needs to get Faulk done right now while Carolina is still drunk, because they are givng their players away for NOTHING

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Oh Pu. An impact player you say?

Hey I have qualified myself a million times by saying that Skinner also has a NMC and if I were him I’d limit my options to teams willing to pay me. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Skinner sign a $7 million+ extension soon.

You are totally correct though at this moment. Let’s see what the total picture is related to these assets in a few days or weeks. The Canes aren’t done, Faulk is getting moved soon.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Alan Wake

It's not a loop, it's a spiral.
Dec 14, 2017
If the price for Faulk is as little as it was Skinner, I hope Yzerman picks up the phone and gets ready to fleece them.

Even at worst, we could use Faulk as trade bait for Dorion to flinch.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Does Faulk have any grit/physicality to his game or is he just all skill

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I'm going to go on record in saying that in a few years, this deal will look like an absolute steal for Carolina. Skinner will either not re-sign with Buffalo or will re-sign with a huge contract and not live up to it. Pu will become a very good NHLr on an ELC. If I'm wrong, either nobody will remember this post or I'll no longer be on HF so won't care.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Okay this trade is bad but people are over estimating the difference between a Buffalo 2019 2nd and a protected 1st round pick from a good mediocre team.

For example, on average over the past 3 years, a 2nd round pick from Buffalo is 11 spots below a 1st round pick from San Jose.

Reactions: olli

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Hey I have qualified myself a million times by saying that Skinner also has a NMC and if I were him I’d limit my options to teams willing to pay me. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Skinner sign a $7 million+ extension soon.

You are totally correct though at this moment. Let’s see what the total picture is related to these assets in a few days or weeks. The Canes aren’t done, Faulk is getting moved soon.

I didn't intend to pick on you personally. I would have thought Skinner would have returned a much better package as well. I don't know about an impact player, but a hell of a lot more than the actual return.

Well, give the Canes just gave away a winger, and have a need for scoring, the Leafs generously offer Brown (a 20 goal scorer) a 2020 2nd rounder, and a 2023 5th rounder for Faulk. (Ducks and runs and hides) Quick Dubas, make the call while Waddell is still high. (I'm kidding by the way)

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I’m fully aware of that. Both players coming in are upgrades.

Possibly, but I think you may end up being slightly underwhelmed with Hamilton. Something about his play always leaves teams wanting more than he's able/willing ot give.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I'm going to go on record in saying that in a few years, this deal will look like an absolute steal for Carolina. Skinner will either not re-sign with Buffalo or will re-sign with a huge contract and not live up to it. Pu will become a very good NHLr on an ELC. If I'm wrong, either nobody will remember this post or I'll no longer be on HF so won't care.

Maybe, but whether Buffalo resigns him, or not, a player of Skinner's quality should return more than this. Was the expectation, that no better deal could be had, waiting a few months?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->