Hurricanes Lounge XXIX: The "Hot and Cold" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
You know, I like to complain about my job, especially when it rains literally every day and I spend most of my time trying to convince stubborn dogs that rain won't kill them and the sooner they use the bathroom, the sooner they can get out of the rain.

On the other hand, I just finished a visit where I was literally paid $20 to spend 20 minutes playing with the most adorable Labrador retriever puppy.

So it evens out

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
You know, I like to complain about my job, especially when it rains literally every day and I spend most of my time trying to convince stubborn dogs that rain won't kill them and the sooner they use the bathroom, the sooner they can get out of the rain.

On the other hand, I just finished a visit where I was literally paid $20 to spend 20 minutes playing with the most adorable Labrador retriever puppy.

So it evens out

You ever have a dog pee on someones carpet because they couldn't wait 5 minutes for you to get to the house?

Thank God for carpet cleaners.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
You ever have a dog pee on someones carpet because they couldn't wait 5 minutes for you to get to the house?

Thank God for carpet cleaners.

One of my regular clients has a harness that he hates. He's fine once you get the harness on him, but he will make you chase him down to get the harness on him in the first place.

But once you've chased him down, without fail, he will pee on the floor. Luckily his owner has hardwood flooring, but it does get annoying

Dec 30, 2013

So it evens out

This can look ridiculous, but try using an umbrella. For the dog, not for you. Not entirely sure how it came to be, but one of my parents' dogs refuses to go outside when it's raining unless someone holds an umbrella over her.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
We have two dogs. The male could care less about the rain and will go do his business as quickly as possible just in case there is a treat somewhere in the house we will give him upon return. The female, on the other hand, practically requires cannon fire to get her to go if she has to step on any moisture during the process.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Back story, my daughter named a doll “Ba$tard”

After explaining that’s not a nice word to use...

Your kid She’s asked twice today why she can’t say bastard. I told her it isn’t a nice word and she can’t say it. Well I’m using the bathroom and I hear her say “Bastard” but in one of her pretend voices. I call her in here and I said why did you say that? You know it’s bad and you aren’t supposed to. She said “mom it was my pretend brother. He said it. He learned it from Mickey Mouse”

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
My dogs are huge pains in the ass in the morning. Both are females and both act like wet grass is going to be the death of them....don't get me started about going in the rain. It typically takes 2 or 3 times venturing into the yard to get the appropriate business done.

Don't even get me started about feeding them and racing the clock to make sure they don't shit on the screen porch.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007

So it evens out
So your job is pet sitting, dog walking, etc.?

I remember you were trying to write for a while, do I have that right?

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
My dogs are huge pains in the ass in the morning. Both are females and both act like wet grass is going to be the death of them....don't get me started about going in the rain. It typically takes 2 or 3 times venturing into the yard to get the appropriate business done.

Don't even get me started about feeding them and racing the clock to make sure they don't **** on the screen porch.

I would prefer that. I have a 160lb Newfoundland who wants to go into the backyard even more when it rains- and the whole thing basically turns into a mud pit nowadays so this bear sized animal comes back into the house caked with mud several times a day, its awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad