Hurricanes Lounge XXIX: The "Hot and Cold" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
So your job is pet sitting, dog walking, etc.?

I remember you were trying to write for a while, do I have that right?

I still write, but not in any professional sense. It was one of those situations where I started to hate writing because it was "a job" instead of something I do because it makes me happy. It didn't help that I was mostly writing about the Canes, and there's only so many ways I can identify the same problems game after game, season after season, before it started to grind away at me.

So now I write fiction for fun and if I finish something I think is really good, I'll submit it to a few places and/or self-publish. Dog walking/pet sitting allows me to work from home, make my own hours (mostly), and pull in some extra money at the end of the month.

I did apply to be the Canes writer for the Athletic, but considering Sara's style of writing, I probably wasn't what they were looking for.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
I would prefer that. I have a 160lb Newfoundland who wants to go into the backyard even more when it rains- and the whole thing basically turns into a mud pit nowadays so this bear sized animal comes back into the house caked with mud several times a day, its awful.
All four of our dogs, one of whom is 85 lbs, weigh less than your one. That’s nuts.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Please tell me you walk your cats on a leash.

Nah, I'm actually allergic to them so opening and closing the door is about as far as it goes. Wife and kids do all the heavy lifting.

When we lived up north, one of our cats would only do his business outdoors. Never liked the litter box, even in freezing cold and deep snow. My wife shoveled a path in the snow across the yard to the woods behind our house thinking he'd use the path to go out in the woods like he always did in the summer. It worked when he had to take a dump, but if he had to pee he would just go in the middle of the path at various spots. Next spring, there was a straight line of spots of dead grass everywhere he pee'd. My father in law came to visit in the spring and said "That's amazing, your cat pees in a straight line"

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
All four of our dogs, one of whom is 85 lbs, weigh less than your one. That’s nuts.

Newfies are really sweet and cuddly dogs that just lay around all day like a big bear rug. However this one goes nuts when he sees strange people and dogs when we walk him- and even as a 6'3, 240lb guy I can barely hold him back when he wants to charge people and lick them.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Newfies are really sweet and cuddly dogs that just lay around all day like a big bear rug. However this one goes nuts when he sees strange people and dogs when we walk him- and even as a 6'3, 240lb guy I can barely hold him back when he wants to charge people and lick them.

Geeze, we have some big dudes on this board. I’d like our chances in a battle of the fan bases.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Our boxer/bulldog is much the same. It’s pretty funny to see him with his best friend/boyfriend the chihuahua mix.
Are we posting dog pix yet?
I present to you The Good Boi Crew.
C1F30C68-0908-4DE6-B4FA-2334FE05F596.jpeg

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Our “Little General” passed away unfortunately 4 months after we moved here, last Fall. He was already aging (13) and the 800 mile move plus a new place was hard on him. Godspeed Sherman!

My moms cat was 20 years old and in pretty good shape but then she went away for vacation for a week and that did it. Some things are just incredibly stressful on our little ones. I’m sorry for your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce