Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 6 5/2 8:14 PM - Jack Edwards' final game MUST be a B's win - NESN, TBS, MAX, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM - B's lead series 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Very unprofessional from a play by play guy to call someone a coward for millions of people he hear. Especially when Jack wouldn’t ever say it to that guys face.

Every year it’s something with Jack.
This is not a go at you at all. Just a note that in the scope of things, Jack calling Kozarsi a coward (don't know if it's true, but inept, foolish, unqualified, arrogant, and over his head would all apply) is pretty damn low on my "give a shit" scale.

This team (mainly management) has so much more to be concerned with.

1) Ice last night was atrocious (nothing new). Should be a home ice advantage but for style of play Bruins are currently built it's a distinct disadvantage.
2) Coaching. I can't say it again. I know I've been ranting, I'm even boring the shit out of myself.
3) Players. Regardless us coaching stupidity, coming out flat for 1.5+ periods is unacceptable.
1,000,072) Jack Edwards calling out that idiot Koharzi - or whatever the f*** his name is.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Well I've calmed down since last night. If Monty ices the best possible team then they may get out of the first round. Lose this round and I hope to see changes top to bottom. Win this round and hope for the best against the Panthers who are way better than last year. I love playoff hockey and this is the best way to see what a team is truly made of, not regular season hero's. Both teams are mentally fragile with weak leadership.
Honestly not too stressed as this team will not win a cup until they address this as well as Monty getting his head out of his ass, McAvoy gets a Hanifin type partner, Pasta gets a number one centre, Sweeney starts valuing playoff players and not Grzlyck types and the bottom 6 gets a banger that lives to hit.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
I was booked last night at a meeting.
Whenever the Bruins lose I never watch the hilites because....what's the point?

However, with all this talk about Gryz, I just fast forwarded to the leaf OT winner.
When the leafs entered the zone (during a lazy line change) why was everyone just standing around? The leafs rush looked like a 2 on 3.:huh:

Gryz did tie up Tavares enuf that all he got was a weak shot. Looked like a group effort brain fart

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
What do we think the lines should be?

Honestly, I would really like to see Boqvist center Zacha and Pastrnak. If that also fails, it's probably time to reunite Marchand and Pastrnak.Beecher has to draw back in on the 4th line.

Hopefully Carlo isn't out with an injury because that would be a huge loss.
Montgomery had Pasta on so many different line combinations last night I almost got vertigo.

Small wonder that Montgomery is tied for second in TMoI penalties this season. (Greg Cronin ANH has 11, Montgomery and Tochet have 10 each, nobody else in double digits). And yes that is a coaches penalty every day of the week.

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB
Marchy is the reason we are up 3-2, WTF has our 11.5m bun guy done? We want to rip the Leafs soft stars lol

McAvoy appears to be another player that wilts in big games, as I said last night there is evidence starting to build now with him.

I will also add Coyle but give him a pass he's a third line quality player asked to play way over his ability and its showing over and over again.

Zacha is Zacha why do we think we got him so cheap? Jake has been more good than bad.

We will need our goaltending to steel one of the last two or we are cooked
NMC kicks in this summer. Decision time for Donny or 4 more years of this garbage.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
I don't understand the McAvoy hate. Has he had better games? Sure. But he was exhausted from a short bench, and Carlo (another RD) getting hurt made it worse. Since Monty is reluctant to put out Lorhei, Grz or Wotherspoon in key moments unless he has to, with the shortened bench McAvoy kept getting tapped to jump over the boards.
To make it worse Lindholm was awful, and at times even tripped over his own feet with no one around him. Carlo got hurt, and the rest are depth defensemen that got spot duty whenever McAvoy was gassed.
So basically the Bruins iced 3 defenseman they trusted, but one got hurt, one sucked and one was overworked and exhausted.

Reactions: Tommy Tubs

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I know one thing - both teams have their demons to slay. Both fan bases are emotionally scarred but one of them is going to be ecstatic to play the Panthers. Every team in the playoffs, but one, breaks the hearts of their fans every season.

There's my wisdom for the day.
It’s
I was booked last night at a meeting.
Whenever the Bruins lose I never watch the hilites because....what's the point?

However, with all this talk about Gryz, I just fast forwarded to the leaf OT winner.
When the leafs entered the zone (during a lazy line change) why was everyone just standing around? The leafs rush looked like a 2 on 3.:huh:

Gryz did tie up Tavares enuf that all he got was a weak shot. Looked like a group effort
Yes the two Charlie’s just stood around and did nothing,Gryz’s guy wasn’t the one who scored.

Reactions: nORRis8

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
There is maybe unknown reason(s) why changes were done by Monty (injure, sickness etc..). But if not, I can't understand the reason a coach changes his line up to close the deal for game 5. Yesterday we got killed on face-off.

Sometimes overthinking is not the solution and Monty should know it with last year experience.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Yup blaming Monty lets the players off the hook. They stunk. All but Swayman. I was shocked at the lack of urgency.
That's absolutely fair. Coach doing dumb ass things or not, it's on players to put forth the effort. And for 1.5+ periods last night, for whatever reason, they put forth a horrid effort and an even worse performance.

However, it goes the other way as well. Montgomery's presser indicated he didn't think lineup changes had any impact (meaning, I guess, this was on the players???).

Reality? Montgomery stunk just as bad as the players. Even worse because his decisions were made without pressure of the game. He could have sat at lunch for an hour with his PBJ sandwich and really thought about the reasons for changing a winning lineup, whether they would be worth the risk, and what if anything last year taught him on the subject. The players at least have to perform in the moment and under pressure.

Boquist A
Marchand A
Swayman A

Montgomery F
Sweeney/Neely F (for letting Montgomery do this AGAIN)

Reactions: lopey

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
That's absolutely fair. Coach doing dumb ass things or not, it's on players to put forth the effort. And for 1.5+ periods last night, for whatever reason, they put forth a horrid effort and an even worse performance.

However, it goes the other way as well. Montgomery's presser indicated he didn't think lineup changes had any impact (meaning, I guess, this was on the players???).

Reality? Montgomery stunk just as bad as the players. Even worse because his decisions were made without pressure of the game. He could have sat at lunch for an hour with his PBJ sandwich and really thought about the reasons for changing a winning lineup, whether they would be worth the risk, and what if anything last year taught him on the subject. The players at least have to perform in the moment and under pressure.

Boquist A
Marchand A
Swayman A

Montgomery F

What game were you watching?

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario

Boquist A
Marchand A
Swayman A

Montgomery F

Monty has his share of blame for sure. Stupid to change lineup but it wasn’t why we lost. Effort was abysmal for half the game.

Widdlez

Da Broons.
Apr 4, 2011
A coaching mistake I think isnt getting much notice : Frederic only played 11 minutes, about as much as boquist,maroon, and JVR

why is a guy with 3 goals and the only goal they scored all night riding the bench?? I know his goals were weak or weird bounces but he deserves the credit for taking those shots or being in good positions.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

Boquist A
Marchand A
Swayman A

Montgomery F
Well said.
Oh Monty didnt think the line up changes ?
Big surprise.
Just another reason he's a g
lame coach. Reminds me of Therrien in his pressers.

Reactions: Number8

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
The Oanthers don't have Gryzlek and Monty.
And while Macavoy is number one D in Bruins line up he is not even top pair on the Panthers.
Panthers are in the third round. There are upsets sure, and some times "they play the games" merely as formalities.
Bob had a good year but in the playoffs he's a 2.78 GAA and ,896 Sv% . The Bruins "if they get there" can win that series with goaltending.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
The only thing I can compare the Bruins performance to last night would be "Eight Men Out".

What other explanation could there be for perhaps the worst execution and effort in the last 2 seasons? In a playoff game. With a near corpse of an opponent ready to go golfing.

Trying hard not to use the C(hoke) word.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Fair enough. I guess I was talking about effort.

1) Boquist and Marchand got an a for Effort from me.

2) Swayman got an A for everything.

3) Montgomery got an F for everything.

Happy to debate #1 with anyone and learn where I may be on target or off target.

On number 2 and 3? People are free to disagree but probably not worth discussing it with me. My mind is closed on both. Maybe not a good place to be, but I don't envision anyone being able to say anything to get me to change my mind on the respective A and F.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad