Hurricanes Lounge XXIX: The "Hot and Cold" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
After thread review, the opinion of the post stands. We have a good post!

tenor.gif

Hey I never submitted my rebuttal :laugh:

No one was speculating or wondering if kids take up more time than cats so how could someone “confirm” it?

I’d also like to confirm that cats eat more cat food than kids do :laugh:

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
+50F in Toronto today. my poor noggin can't handle all these dramatic changes in temperature, seemingly within the same week.

Milder here today so we’ve been getting lots of freezing rain. Going to get colder as the week progresses.

I’m flying to Charlotte for a few days for work so I’m looking forward to a bit of warmth.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
@DaveG I know you hate a lot of macrobrew companies (I think Bud specifically), but is my understanding of the brewing process correct that Bud trying to attack Miller and Coors for using corn syrup is just stupid? Doesn't every wort have some sort of sugar, and is it that out of bounds to expect that breweries of that size aren't using the most gourmet sugars/syrups out there (if they have a brew that requires adding more)? The sugar's gone by the end anyway, isn't it?

Last edited:

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
yeah basically if anything corn allows for a lighter body in the beer, and literally the only difference between the two and bud is that instead of using corn bud uses rice to get the same effect. It's all just another fermentable sugar to put in to beer.

So basically they were just trying to capitalize on corn syrup being a scary unhealthy buzzword and banking on their market not knowing anything. That’s nice.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
So basically they were just trying to capitalize on corn syrup being a scary unhealthy buzzword and banking on their market not knowing anything. That’s nice.
Yeah pretty much, they're about the most unethical major company around in the industry IMHO. I don't have so much of a problem with Miller and Coors, although don't get me wrong they're still trying to squeeze us whenever possible.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Gonna try bojangles for the first time tomorrow.

What should I get?

I disagree with the earlier recommendation and would instead recommend a Supremes Dinner, whatever side you prefer (I usually go for the cajun fries) and a tea. It comes with a biscuit and, if you so desire, you could make your own biscuit sandwich with a couple Supremes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad