HIC: Don Cherry just ripped Babcock for flying to see Matthews on the television hockey night in can

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I have vacationed in Arizona and New Mexico a few times. I love it out there.
I own a condo in Scottsdale. Love Scottsdale roads are wide and clean and the 101 makes travel easy. Still does not make it true that Babcock went there on a family vacation.

People on here go on and on about how the media created stories and the stories are made up then in the next breathe believe a smoke screen from the Leafs to the media stating that he went to Arizona on a family vacation and he will go to visit Mathews after the Media reported that he went to visit Mathews.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
That may well be true. If all states were considered equal, then the chances of AZ coincidentally being Babcock's choice of vacations spot would be 2%. If Arizona is twice as attractive as the average state that would bring it up to 4%. Three times as attractive would be 6% and so no. Any way you slice it, it's still a long shot based on simple math.

Yer math is not gud..

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I own a condo in Scottsdale. Love Scottsdale roads are wide and clean and the 101 makes travel easy. Still does not make it true that Babcock went there on a family vacation.

People on here go on and on about how the media created stories and the stories are made up then in the next breathe believe a smoke screen from the Leafs to the media stating that he went to Arizona on a family vacation and he will go to visit Mathews after the Media reported that he went to visit Mathews.

You’re right, your fiefdom in Scottsdale has no bearing on whether Babcock vacationed there or not.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
So now he was going there to Golf...and his wife was not invited to go golf but perhaps can stay in the kitchen and cook...lol what a joke.
we all have to get on the same age and it's been decided we're going with the Dude ranch as the cover story for why he's in Zona

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
we all have to get on the same age and it's been decided we're going with the Dude ranch as the cover story for the reason he's in Zona

why do we have to get exactly right the activities he will partake in while in Arizona for it to be a credible reason for him to go?.

Probably playing golf, very unlikely he goes to a dude ranch not impossible though. Maybe shopping maybe just to sit by a pool.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
why do we have to get exactly right the activities he will partake in while in Arizona for it to be a credible reason for him to go?.

Probably playing golf, very unlikely he goes to a dude ranch not impossible though. Maybe shopping maybe just to sit by a pool.
we don't have to get the real reason he's in Arizona

we just have to present a united front against the rest of HF so we can beat down any assertion that Babs is down there to smooth out any problems with AM

Reactions: diceman934

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
I don't know about Matthews, who is a pretty weird looking guy in the first place, but I don't think I could be in the dressing room and listen to Babcock sounding like something that got kicked out of an abandoned mining town in the derelict parts of northern ontario. One on one with this overachieving clown? I would lose a lung laughing,

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
we don't have to get the real reason he's in Arizona

we just have to present a united front against the rest of HF so we can beat down any assertion that Babs is down there to smooth out any problems with AM

he is there because he wanted to go to Arizona.

Who gives a flying f*** what the rest of HF thinks. The same HF who said we should count ourselves lucky if Marner is as good as Sam Gagner?

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
[Leafs Links] Bob McKenzie updates the Leafs' GM situation; Frederik Andersen on the Leafs future: "We have a lot of special talent here" | Maple Leafs Hotstove

On what he’s heard about the meeting between Mike Babcock and Auston Matthews in Arizona last week:
Nothing specific other than Mike Babcock, from what I understand, was going to Arizona to visit the Brett family – the Bretts own the Spokane Chiefs from when Babcock was there. They’re down in Arizona, being baseball people and all. Babcock was going down there and while he was there he was going to talk to Auston Matthews. I think, when a coach talks to a player in the offseason, it is interesting on a couple of levels: 1) It’s a fairly normal process, especially for an organization that is trying to get better. It’s an evolutionary process as you challenge the players to get better and the players challenge the coaches to get better. Sometimes these off-site, off-season meetings help further those causes on both fronts.
I think he’s also planning to go to Denmark and talk to Freddy Andersen, and if he wants to talk to Mitch Marner, he doesn’t have to go very far. I would assume that is part of the off-season regimen Babcock is going to follow here because, at the end of the day, the Leafs did not have a successful season. They had a great regular season. They didn’t win in the playoffs. They came up short. They’d like to have gone deeper. The question becomes: How do they go deeper in the playoffs, and how do they get better as a team and individually, the players and the coaches? The answer is going through what I just talked about – that evolutionary process where players can challenge coaches to think outside the box and coaches can challenge players to be better. Ultimately, that’s how you get better.​

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
[Leafs Links] Bob McKenzie updates the Leafs' GM situation; Frederik Andersen on the Leafs future: "We have a lot of special talent here" | Maple Leafs Hotstove

On what he’s heard about the meeting between Mike Babcock and Auston Matthews in Arizona last week:
Nothing specific other than Mike Babcock, from what I understand, was going to Arizona to visit the Brett family – the Bretts own the Spokane Chiefs from when Babcock was there. They’re down in Arizona, being baseball people and all. Babcock was going down there and while he was there he was going to talk to Auston Matthews. I think, when a coach talks to a player in the offseason, it is interesting on a couple of levels: 1) It’s a fairly normal process, especially for an organization that is trying to get better. It’s an evolutionary process as you challenge the players to get better and the players challenge the coaches to get better. Sometimes these off-site, off-season meetings help further those causes on both fronts.
I think he’s also planning to go to Denmark and talk to Freddy Andersen, and if he wants to talk to Mitch Marner, he doesn’t have to go very far. I would assume that is part of the off-season regimen Babcock is going to follow here because, at the end of the day, the Leafs did not have a successful season. They had a great regular season. They didn’t win in the playoffs. They came up short. They’d like to have gone deeper. The question becomes: How do they go deeper in the playoffs, and how do they get better as a team and individually, the players and the coaches? The answer is going through what I just talked about – that evolutionary process where players can challenge coaches to think outside the box and coaches can challenge players to be better. Ultimately, that’s how you get better.​

oh no a logical explanation. booooo

should we start a "babcock looking to coach Spokane chiefs" drama now?

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
he is there because he wanted to go to Arizona.

Who gives a flying **** what the rest of HF thinks. The same HF who said we should count ourselves lucky if Marner is as good as Sam Gagner?
"Who the f*** cares what the rest of HF thinks"

Judging by the long list of excuses why he needs to speak to AM so soon after the season/exit interviews it seems like quite few people need to gives reasons why .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad