HIC: Don Cherry just ripped Babcock for flying to see Matthews on the television hockey night in can

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
The Grand Canyon is in Arizona and it's also the "Dude Ranch" capital of the world.
It's not hard to picture Babcock hitting the trail on a horse.

Babcock has a ton of money, the rich vacation very differently then the rest of us. I doubt very much they are just wandering around the desert sweating.

Reactions: saltming

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Arizona is a beautiful state with lots of appeal for millions of people every year. I have friends that visit a few times a year, who aren't snowbirds. Fla is the snowbird state
Visit Arizona

Reactions: ACC1224

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I would say Arizona is at least equal to those other locations. Scottsdale for one is an amazing city and very beautiful.
I would not say Arizona is as well known or as big in the vacation world but it is a hotspot for those that know about it

That may well be true. If all states were considered equal, then the chances of AZ coincidentally being Babcock's choice of vacations spot would be 2%. If Arizona is twice as attractive as the average state that would bring it up to 4%. Three times as attractive would be 6% and so no. Any way you slice it, it's still a long shot based on simple math.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
That may well be true. If all states were considered equal, then the chances of AZ coincidentally being Babcock's choice of vacations spot would be 2%. If Arizona is twice as attractive as the average state that would bring it up to 4%. Three times as attractive would be 6% and so no. Any way you slice it, it's still a long shot based on simple math.
Maybe but if you factor in babcocks likes and what ACC said about the dude ranches the probability should increase as it now appeals to his personal interests.
Imo this is all just speculation so both sides of the coin will have valid argments.

coupe93

Dec 15, 2009
Seeing how everyone is throwing around opinions and conjecture, let me try.

He's in Arizona to discuss the Captaincy with Auston and the announcement date, also possible future personnel changes and deployment with his CAPTAIN.

Lets run with that....

Reactions: Schooner

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Arizona is a beautiful state with lots of appeal for millions of people every year. I have friends that visit a few times a year, who aren't snowbirds. Fla is the snowbird state
Visit Arizona
so your friends vacation in Arizona a few times every year ?

do you actually expect anyone to believe you ?

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009

He's in Arizona to discuss the Captaincy with Auston and the announcement date, also possible future personnel changes and deployment with his CAPTAIN.

Lets run with that....
yea we could run with that , i just don't know why he wouldn't discuss these issues with him during the exit interviews

i think we're better off going with Saltmings belief that Babs his wife and adult kids went to a dude ranch in Arizona , lol

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Maybe but if you factor in babcocks likes and what ACC said about the dude ranches the probability should increase as it now appeals to his personal interests.
Imo this is all just speculation so both sides of the coin will have valid argments.

I must have missed what was about dude ranches, perhaps you're right. And you're right of course in that it's all speculation. And since I haven't been following it I don't have an opinion either way, I just like math. :laugh:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Lets run with that....
Beginning negotiations on Matthews extension?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
The Grand Canyon is in Arizona and it's also the "Dude Ranch" capital of the world.
It's not hard to picture Babcock hitting the trail on a horse.

Babcock has a ton of money, the rich vacation very differently then the rest of us. I doubt very much they are just wandering around the desert sweating.

Bingo

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I must have missed what was about dude ranches, perhaps you're right. And you're right of course in that it's all speculation. And since I haven't been following it I don't have an opinion either way, I just like math. :laugh:
Who knows the truth? But Arizona has a lot of appeal. The Grand Canyon alone is one of the largest international attractions in the whole USA. Then there is Sedona
And I have notice you like your math. I can count but it doesn't go much farther than that hahaha
:cheers:

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
yea we could run with that , i just don't know why he wouldn't discuss these issues with him during the exit interviews

i think we're better off going with Saltmings belief that Babs his wife and adult kids went to a dude ranch in Arizona , lol

why did you add the kids into now as well?. Babs and his wife on vacation is still a family vacation. My brother in law is 50 and went to Arizona to a dude ranch last year, he loved it still raves about it.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I just went to Arizona. It is great. And the Grand Canyon is what, 30-40 minutes from Vegas?

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: Trapper

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
why did you add the kids into now as well?. Babs and his wife on vacation is still a family vacation. My brother in law is 50 and went to Arizona to a dude ranch last year, he loved it still raves about it.
well the way people keep saying family vacation it makes it seem like his kids came along

also do you actually believe that Babs and his wife are at a dude ranch ? really , lol

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
well the way people keep saying family vacation it makes it seem like his kids came along

also do you actually believe that Babs and his wife are at a dude ranch ? really , lol

no I don't, I do however believe it is very possible he is there for a vacation. Adult kids typically by the term Adult don't usually still go on vacations with their parents, I do but my parents live in Australia and I see them once a year max.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00