Habs D doesn't hold up 7-3 loss

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
For the record, those who blame Price are wrong. The D was all bad tonight. Just sayin.....
The whole team sucked. Price wasn't to blame for a lot of it but at the end of the day he could've been better.

I was really hoping we'd pull out a win here because now we've got to face Pittsburgh. Wrong time for a slump.

Rscorpio

Epic Meal Time!
Feb 9, 2004
Santiago, Chile
Not going to pretend I haven't enjoyed watching you guys lose so badly in back to back games, but my own team hasn't exactly been taking advantage so eh

Also as a fan of a rival it's easier for me to say "don't worry, two games isn't a season", but you guys are going to be in "sky is falling" mode no matter what I say so screw it

Look at the bright side: you didn't lose to CAROLINA >.> <.<

****!!! Even Boston fans are beginning to pity us.....:shakehead

PS: be strong boston...for what happened

Habtchum*

Toronto, just 4 points back !!!!

And Boston: 1 point.

With the way they are playing now, I would not be surprised to see them finish 5th or even lower in the Conference.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Sad thing is, next game White will be punished for doing too much while it's Moen for doing too little that should be benched.

It was comical watching Gionta get run while Moen was on the ice and he did absolutely nothing. Pathetic.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

With the way they are playing now, I would not be surprised to see them finish 5th or even lower in the Conference.

Watch Toronto win the division and we end up playign Boston in the first round. It will be a competition of who wants to lose more.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
We are soft as butter and yet people rejoiced at DD resigning at stuff. When has that midget ever showed up against Philly/Tdot/Boston? Why do Krejci and Kadri pretend to play tough?

Yeah right, we don't need a tough guy.

DD will be a nightmare to watch getting bounced around for the next four years..yikes

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Both the Leafs and Flyer games were played like teams gearing up for the playoffs and sadly the Habs didn't respond in any way.. Not a good sign going forward.

Analyzer*

We are soft as butter and yet people rejoiced at DD resigning at stuff. When has that midget ever showed up against Philly/Tdot/Boston? Why do Krejci and Kadri pretend to play tough?

So, when is that tough guy going to score us goals ?

When we won 4-3 in a come-from-behind win DD had 2 goals. I don't really like him, but he does show up from time to time.

Just not as often as we need.

jpchabby

Drive for 25
Mar 3, 2006
Bergevin needed to add toughness and did not. Emelin is missed, Prust was missed tonight. Drewiske could not cracks he top 6 in LA for a reason. Sorry to say it but he is a #7.
Right now the team needs to get tougher and after I saw Tinordi live in Cedar Park Texas a couple of Saturdays ago, I came away incredibly impressed. He was dominant. As much as I like Nathan I believe Tinordi's D, size and reach are needed.

2 weeks ago we said the opposite. Because of prust and emelin we were a tougher team.

Things change so fast right?

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
ryder has fallen into lala land, for about 3-4 games now. I've been trying to be patient because of his incredible play for the habs, but man oh man this is getting difficult.

it's sad when the young players are the only ones showing up. wake up!!!

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

Not often but I do remember DD scoring a memorable "crash the net" kinda goal agaisnt the Bruins earlier last month.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
What's Moen suppose to do ?

Go take a 5 minute major and get kicked out of the game ? He challenged Simmonds twice and unlike Rosehill, he has some class and doesn't just grab him.

**** the class at one point. We are being laughed at and ridiculized every freakin single time. This is not what the Montreal Canadiens are all about. Gainey didn't understand, Gauthier had problems understanding it, let's hope Bergevin will at one point. We need a better mix of grit. We CANNOT be ridiculized period but especially not in our own rink. This is unacceptable.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
It was comical watching Gionta get run while Moen was on the ice and he did absolutely nothing. Pathetic.

Yet he wants to fight with 1 min left in the game, does he think Simmonds will risk that? Simmonds is probably 20x more valuable to his team.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Buckle up this one's gonna be a doozie:

Where to begin? I have been in complete support of this team the entire year. After the penguins game, after the 6-0 blowout by Toronto. I thought this team had balls. I thought they were different. I thought that a coach like MT would allow us to play to our strengths and he would fit the players more than JM. And so far he had done so.

Now here we are. Our only physical D injured for the season. Our Only fighter injured. Our rival embarrass us AGAIN, and we come back to be throttled by the scummiest franchise in NHL history. A team that we've been exposed by time and time again.

You can look at Price, or Gionta, or Gorges, whoever. But in the end, this slump we are about to enter is entire on the shoulders of Michel Therrien. His refusal to amend lineups after losses, his awful asset management and his refusal to properly address things in-game has cost this team. Gorges on the PP? Gionta on the PP? Desharnais leading the TOI when he has been completely invisible since signing his extension?

Therrien has been great for energy and the attitude of the organization, but his abilities as a motivator are useless when the lineup is being ignored. I'm sick of seeing DD and Patches together. I'm sick of seeing Gionta slap pucks into the goalie's chest. I'm sick of seeing Gallagher play his ****ing heart out with no help, and see him take hit after hit after hit and no one helps him.

The powerplay is so predictable it's ridiculous. Use Eller, Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, Plekanec, Bourque, and Gallagher as your forwards. They can actually maintain puck control and keep it down low where we can open up the point. So many forced plays. So many guys standing around staring at Subban and Markov to work their magic.

Why does it seem that we are one of the only teams in the NHL which cannot complete a passing play? Lots of our goals are ugly as sin. And while all goals count, for a skill team we can't seem to create plays and find chemistry. And this is again because the lineup sucks. Injuries are a factor but stubbornness will kill you.

I've said it before, since we're not a top-heavy team, changes in the lines are expected. Above-average players go cold. These guys need to be put in a position to succeed. I feel bad for Bourque, who hasn't played in forever to come back to this mess. Ryder seems to be cooling off, and both DD and Pac have been ice cold.

If this team and this team's coaching staff does not look itself in the mirror and get disgusted with what they see we will be in for a horrible post-season. Even with our injuries the tools and the skillsets are there, but they must be used properly.

I suggest thefollowing:
1)Bring Tinordi up, Beaulieu is not ready. Send him down when Diaz Returns
2)Bench DD. If Eller gets benched for lack of intensity (which was the right thing to do) then DD should be held even more responsible for his piss poor play. Make him earn his TOI
3)Completely swap the lines, give everyone a fresh pair of linemates.
4)Bag skate the crap out of this team.

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Ryder
Bourque-Eller/Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Moen-Eller/Galchenyuk-Gionta
Dumont-Halpern-Blunden

Markov-Subban
Gorges-Diaz
Drewiske-Boullion OR Tinordi-Drewiske/Boullion

Price (yes, Price. He needs to prove he's a number one. Face the music and play)
Budaj

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
ryder has fallen into lala land, for about 3-4 games now. I've been trying to be patient because of his incredible play for the habs, but man oh man this is getting difficult.

it's sad when the young players are the only ones showing up. wake up!!!

He wasn't bad tonight, in fact he made at least two really good high-percentage plays in the o-zone that I can remember. That's just how Ryder plays though, and I'd rather have him than Gionta/Bourque right now.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
If Price plays vs pens and gives up 4-5 then what will we say? If we sit him and play Budaj, what will he feel? If defensemen don't play perfectly in front of him at least we can blame them. I think we should play Pittsburgh with 3 d and 3 forwards and an empty net.

If our best players are not our best players then how can we win?

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Yet he wants to fight with 1 min left in the game, does he think Simmonds will risk that? Simmonds is probably 20x more valuable to his team.

That's underrating Simmonds. Moen is a wasted roster spot right now, I'd rather Blunden be playing at least he'll stick up for his teammates and throw a body check.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

The Habs are gunning for 7th and a 1st round matchup against the 2nd place Bruins.

bdawg1989*

Toronto is ****ing better than us this year, so ****ING pathetic and sad.

And the reporters are dumb as hell...

Chantale Macchabée : You've been strong defensively all year, last 2 games were difficult, are you worried ?

What kind of question is that ? Who WOULDNT be worried ?

Jeez sport journalists are atrocious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad