Habs D doesn't hold up 7-3 loss

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Is MTL the most spineless team in the league? It would appear so.

They let a team come into their barn, beat them 7-3 and act like cowardly lions.

Its Alright Ma

Jul 19, 2010
Not going to pretend I haven't enjoyed watching you guys lose so badly in back to back games, but my own team hasn't exactly been taking advantage so eh

Also as a fan of a rival it's easier for me to say "don't worry, two games isn't a season", but you guys are going to be in "sky is falling" mode no matter what I say so screw it

Look at the bright side: you didn't lose to CAROLINA >.> <.<

Hab-a-maniac

Sep 28, 2003
Toronto via Calgary!
Visit site
Habs always back into the playoffs. 2002 was the only time I recall a hot ending. 2004 they got in on an Ot loss during a 1-4 stretch to end the season, 2006 thy backed in only because Atlanta choked, 2008 was a'ight for a change. 2009 they went winless their last 8 including playoffs and only got in with another OT loss. 2010 same thing, getting 1 point to clinch and doing the bare minimum. 2011 injuries tore us apart and we slumped in. This always seems to happen.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
4 points ahead of Toronto.

When u come out of deadline day and say you've accomplished your goal, this is the result.

Not that I advocate paying a premium, but we should have done a little more at the deadline. Talbot was rumored to be on the block before his injury. Instead we kept what we had and now injuries, alongside god awful play have killed us.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Guys on AC are pissed. LOL

Unfortunately, even on their best day they can only offer superficial and meaningless commentary.

I really want to see a nitty-gritty breakdown of the Habs over the past 10 games, and what has gone wrong with them. It's the D-men I know, but I spend too much time posting after goals I miss the replays to figure out what it is exactly. I think we're too aggressive on the collapse.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Bergevin needed to add toughness and did not. Emelin is missed, Prust was missed tonight. Drewiske could not cracks he top 6 in LA for a reason. Sorry to say it but he is a #7.
Right now the team needs to get tougher and after I saw Tinordi live in Cedar Park Texas a couple of Saturdays ago, I came away incredibly impressed. He was dominant. As much as I like Nathan I believe Tinordi's D, size and reach are needed.

Chris G

Mar 9, 2011
He stopped 3 breakaways wtf are you talking about?

The D is at complete fault once again.

Of course it wasn't totally his fault, and yes those breakaways were key, 3/ 6 dmen had a rough match. But the sense that Price isn't in his zone that he was in at the beginning of the season has me a little worried, his fundamentals and calmness seem to be lacking.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Hopefully Diaz can be 100% (having 2 D play the off side is starting to take it's toll) and Therrien decides to shake up lines. Pacioretty-Desharnais is stale.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
The loss of 23 minutes a game of Emelin is being seen. Sure him and Markov at times looked bad but only because they were usually facing the other teams best lines, now you see what were missing. Also teams are flying into the zone with no fear of being hit, Emelin slowed that down as well. Hopefully Diaz will bring some stability, he won't have the toughness of Emelin but he can help the transition out of the zone better than our bottom Dmen are doing.

Analyzer*

Not going to pretend I haven't enjoyed watching you guys lose so badly in back to back games, but my own team hasn't exactly been taking advantage so eh

Also as a fan of a rival it's easier for me to say "don't worry, two games isn't a season", but you guys are going to be in "sky is falling" mode no matter what I say so screw it

Look at the bright side: you didn't lose to CAROLINA >.> <.<

At least you guys had a chance to win even AFTER the puck dropped.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Hopefully Diaz can be 100% (having 2 D play the off side is starting to take it's toll) and Therrien decides to shake up lines.

Diaz solves nothing for this team. The issue is, teams run their players and they do nothign abotu it. They need someone to stick up for the smaller guys.

Although he would be an upgrade on everyone but Markov and Subban right now, just wish they had some grit on the back end.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Sad thing is, next game White will be punished for doing too much while it's Moen for doing too little that should be benched.

I have always liked White but he has become bush league. Habs can do better than a ticking time bomb like him out there. Pains to say that.

Analyzer*

Sad thing is, next game White will be punished for doing too much while it's Moen for doing too little that should be benched.

What's Moen suppose to do ?

Go take a 5 minute major and get kicked out of the game ? He challenged Simmonds twice and unlike Rosehill, he has some class and doesn't just grab him.

CN_paladin

Jan 22, 2007
Westeros
We are soft as butter and every team knows it's a walk in the park to play MTL's D as far as punishment goes. When has DD ever showed up against Philly/Tdot/Boston? Why do Krejci and Kadri pretend to play tough?

Gionta also hasn't done anything. Gainey really screwed up this team with his signings back then.

Crystal Met

Dec 2, 2007
Bergevin needed to add toughness and did not. Emelin is missed, Prust was missed tonight. Drewiske could not cracks he top 6 in LA for a reason. Sorry to say it but he is a #7.
Right now the team needs to get tougher and after I saw Tinordi live in Cedar Park Texas a couple of Saturdays ago, I came away incredibly impressed. He was dominant. As much as I like Nathan I believe Tinordi's D, size and reach are needed.

yeah i really dont understand why they keep beaulieu up instead of tinordi...kid has talent but is clearly not ready and makes too many mistakes..tinordi was pretty steady when he was up imo..

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: