Habs D doesn't hold up 7-3 loss

Analyzer*

**** the class at one point. We are being laughed at and ridiculized every freakin single time. This is not what the Montreal Canadiens are all about. Gainey didn't understand, Gauthier had problems understanding it, let's hope Bergevin will at one point. We need a better mix of grit. We CANNOT be ridiculized period but especially not in our own rink. This is unacceptable.

Doesn't seem they do, or well. We can only hope they address it in the off-season.

Nashy

Living on Fish Island
Feb 2, 2006
Toronto
Players aren't paying attention to detail? Too nice MT...too nice.

Talk about players MT....go into Torts mode.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
Toronto is ****ing better than us this year, so ****ING pathetic and sad.

And the reporters are dumb as hell...

Chantale Macchabée : You've been strong defensively all year, last 2 games were difficult, are you worried ?

What kind of question is that ? Who WOULDNT be worried ?

Jeez sport journalists are atrocious.
Well they were better than us last year as well:laugh: That is why we got that Galchenyuk kid.

bdawg1989*

MT shutdown that reporter, hahahahahahaha

''Can you call kids from Hamilton?''

''Why ?''

''To replace injuried guys''

''No.''

hahahaha

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Unfortunately, even on their best day they can only offer superficial and meaningless commentary.

I really want to see a nitty-gritty breakdown of the Habs over the past 10 games, and what has gone wrong with them. It's the D-men I know, but I spend too much time posting after goals I miss the replays to figure out what it is exactly. I think we're too aggressive on the collapse.

Boullion and Desharnais are both completely overused. Neither warrant top pairing minutes, albeit for different reasons, yet both are a fixture on our powerplay and frequently apart of the secondary offense. It's no wonder said offense is nonexistent. Meanwhile, Gorges has regressed this season and Gionta looks more and more like a depth forward than a constant contributor.

Ryder can only do so much before teams target him near exclusively, which has happened in our recent games. Subban and Plekanec are suffering similar difficulties due to our inconsistency and Therrien seems content to change nothing. Much as Price has been a fraction of the goalie we know on a given average, he is not why we are such a disaster lately. We need a bold change to light this team on fire.

Bourque - Plekanec - Ryder
Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Prust - Eller - Gionta
Moen - Halpern - Desharnias

If Prust is still out, then rotate DD or Moen in based on who is better.

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
Doesn't matter still clinched!

image.jpg

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
It was a bad game Asif, on our night we don't need an extra designated tough guy. Our big hitter is out with an ACL injury, Prust was out and the defense had two #7 dmen and a rookie-sharting-his-pants.

We'd like toughers forwards in general but we ahve to wait till their contracts expire or are moved... there are only so many places in a line up.

We could really use a "Simmonds" type player (to replace Gionta :p:), but who? Clarkson would be great but well, good luck.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Damphousse was saying Moen doesnt want to fight anymore... Because 1 he's scared to have another concussion and 2 he's mad about him being on the 4th line

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
We are in the playoffs............I dont care who we play, I think we can take any team in the east in a 7 game series. :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad