Habs D doesn't hold up 7-3 loss

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Which i why I said yesterday.

I don't remember a game yesterday.

Boullion and Desharnais are both completely overused. Neither warrant top pairing minutes, albeit for different reasons, yet both are a fixture on our powerplay and frequently apart of the secondary offense. It's no wonder said offense is nonexistent. Meanwhile, Gorges has regressed this season and Gionta looks more and more like a depth forward than a constant contributor.

Ryder can only do so much before teams target him near exclusively, which has happened in our recent games. Subban and Plekanec are suffering similar difficulties due to our inconsistency and Therrien seems content to change nothing. Much as Price has been a fraction of the goalie we know on a given average, he is not why we are such a disaster lately. We need a bold change to light this team on fire.

Bourque - Plekanec - Ryder
Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Prust - Eller - Gionta
Moen - Halpern - Desharnias

If Prust is still out, then rotate DD or Moen in based on who is better.

Agreed on all counts.

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
Toronto is ****ing better than us this year, so ****ING pathetic and sad.

And the reporters are dumb as hell...

Chantale Macchabée : You've been strong defensively all year, last 2 games were difficult, are you worried ?

What kind of question is that ? Who WOULDNT be worried ?

Jeez sport journalists are atrocious.
of course nobody has the guts to ask about DD on the pp

Habtchum*

Damphousse was saying Moen doesnt want to fight anymore... Because 1 he's scared to have another concussion and 2 he's mad about him being on the 4th line

That is very unprofessional if it's really the case. The guy just signed the biggest contract of his whole carreer last Summer. WTF !

bdawg1989*

We are in the playoffs............I dont care who we play, I think we can take any team in the east in a 7 game series. :nod:

Will murder us 100% :
Pens
Leafs
Bruins

We have a slim chance to win :
Washington
Ottawa
Islanders

We will win because we own them :
Rangers

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Damphousse was saying Moen doesnt want to fight anymore... Because 1 he's scared to have another concussion and 2 he's mad about him being on the 4th line

I dislike Moen so much right now that I'm tempted to buy him out instead of Kaberle....He's scared? Well fine...I hope the Habs are scared to give him his check.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Diaz solves nothing for this team. The issue is, teams run their players and they do nothign abotu it. They need someone to stick up for the smaller guys.

Although he would be an upgrade on everyone but Markov and Subban right now, just wish they had some grit on the back end.

The issue is that the team is playing no coherent defense. To much puck chasing, missing assignments, screening in their own zone when they should be clearing, ad nauseum.

It's not the end of the world of the world if they can work through it. Will give the team lots of confidence heading to the POs

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

As someone said, it does look that way. And if so we're carrying a passenger for the next 3 years.

I'd say buy him out but unfortunately MB gave that contract, would be a little silly to go ahead and buy him out a year later. Besides we have to buy out Kaberle.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
We could really use a "Simmonds" type player (to replace Gionta :p:), but who? Clarkson would be great but well, good luck.

Simmonds, Clarkson, Clowe to a lesser extent... and then there's better wingers like Perry, Nash, Gaborik and so on.

If Moen had the wheels he'd still be useful on the forecheck. His defensive play is good and he keeps with the play but if he's not interested in fighting he's getting traded. No way we keep him for four years, no way.

but then again Damphousse is an idiot who can't speak no good and Moen tried to fight Simmonds several times tonight. A lil of Column A a lil of Column B I suppose.

Habtchum*

Will murder us 100% :
Pens
Leafs
Bruins

We have a slim chance to win :
Washington
Ottawa
Islanders

We will win because we own them :
Rangers

Not so sure about the Bruins. And the Pens are beatable if Fleury plays like last Playoffs. I am more scared about TO for sure, + Washington and the Isles.

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
I dislike Moen so much right now that I'm tempted to buy him out instead of Kaberle....He's scared? Well fine...I hope the Habs are scared to give him his check.

What? If you buy him out he will receive all the money he is supposed to receive

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
If the Habs were tougher it wouldn't have made any difference tonight playing such pathetic D coverage. The Flyers could've scored many more goals tonight the way they exposed the Habs D.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
For such a good team....we have so many players we wish to get rid of....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad