Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2020-21 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I assume Beckman's CHL commitment is now completed and he can play for Iowa next season?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Are there playoffs for other divisions?
Just out West, i think.

Boldy had a strong game. Hit at least one post, if not two. Was unlucky not to score. He is so smooth out there. Beckman's goal was deflected by opponent, but it looked like he wired it- the guy is a confident shooter. Addison looked good, also. Shaw good. He breaks me up. got into another wrestling match with a guy much bigger than him. He's a pitbull.

Last edited:

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I really wish Beckman could've stayed in the AHL for all this year. I think it would've helped him develop. Hopefully he hits the gym, works on his skating, and eats lots of good food this summer. If he can be a bit more explosive and stronger on his skates he might be a decent goal scorer. The guy can shoot.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Beckman with a beautiful set up of Dewar on a 2 on 1 that Dewar couldn't convert. Boldy doing some nice dangling with the puck in the neutral zone, making TX checkers look like fools. He is looking much more confident with the puck than he was just a couple of weeks ago.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Boldy with an assist on Shaw's goal. 1-1. Boldy is looking awesome. Another nice feed by Beckman for a good scoring chance to Ottenbreit? Shaw trying to pick a fight with Gleason, who is only 5" taller than him - Gleason refused. :laugh:

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Boldy with an assist on Shaw's goal. 1-1. Boldy is looking awesome. Another nice feed by Beckman for a good scoring chance to Ottenbreit? Shaw trying to pick a fight with Gleason, who is only 5" taller than him - Gleason refused. :laugh:
Shaw seems surprisingly scrappy for a smaller player that's had some injury trouble.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Shaw seems surprisingly scrappy for a smaller player that's had some injury trouble.
Maybe more Jack Russell than Pitbull, but he does not back down. He looks to be pretty well built. Koslowski looking vg in net. Stopped another breakaway after some sketchy D from Belpedio.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Boldy hits crossbar, and Addison a post in the last 20 seconds trying to tie it up. A sloppy pass by Giroux and Addison getting caught up and not skating back hard led to the game winning goal by TX. Boldy might be ready now, but unless he sits around eating Calzones and drinking beer all summer he'll be ready in the fall.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

His scouting report read like he was a clone of PMB, a skilled playmaking perimeter player, but not all the silky skill came through in the cloning process. I think that scouting report was missing something.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
His scouting report read like he was a clone of PMB, a skilled playmaking perimeter player, but not all the silky skill came through in the cloning process. I think that scouting report was missing something.
Yeah, he's nothing like PMB. He has some nice moves and quickness, but nowhere near what PMB had. Much feistier...more like Gallagher from MTL. I like him, but fear he might be a tweener. I think Dewar is similar, but a tad bigger, faster, and with better moves. Dewar has a pretty nice shot, too.

Beckman made some really nice setups tonight. Nice to see that he has that to his game to add to his shooting.

Giroux is similar to those two, but not quite there. He is a year or so younger, though.

SMTHook

Mar 23, 2015
Boldy hits crossbar, and Addison a post in the last 20 seconds trying to tie it up. A sloppy pass by Giroux and Addison getting caught up and not skating back hard led to the game winning goal by TX. Boldy might be ready now, but unless he sits around eating Calzones and drinking beer all summer he'll be ready in the fall.
If he doesn't drink beer and eat calzones, I don't want him.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah, he's nothing like PMB. He has some nice moves and quickness, but nowhere near what PMB had. Much feistier...more like Gallagher from MTL. I like him, but fear he might be a tweener. I think Dewar is similar, but a tad bigger, faster, and with better moves. Dewar has a pretty nice shot, too.

Beckman made some really nice setups tonight. Nice to see that he has that to his game to add to his shooting.

Giroux is similar to those two, but not quite there. He is a year or so younger, though.

Yeah, I think you're right in your player comparison on Shaw. It's a good case study in why you shouldn't just trust scouting reports that you read on the internet.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
I really wish Beckman could've stayed in the AHL for all this year. I think it would've helped him develop. Hopefully he hits the gym, works on his skating, and eats lots of good food this summer. If he can be a bit more explosive and stronger on his skates he might be a decent goal scorer. The guy can shoot.

nothing would surprise me with beckman, every time in his career hes hit a wall hes spent a summer working with trainers and coming back better. He could end up being such a good pick for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia