Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2020-21 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Excited to see how the next year goes, we have some high end potential players in the fold and could see 3-4 rookies next year become mainstays in the lineup. Reminds me a bit of the 2010 class that all played in the AHL during the brief lockout season and came in together, here’s hoping that things work out a bit better this go around.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Does anyone have insight on why Beckman's PPG has dropped by .30 compared to last season?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
small sample size, and his team isn't very good. One thing for sure, Beckman can shoot, and shoot quickly. That's a NHL shot right there. Also think he will be an above average skater when all is said and done, with above average length. Maybe a faster, less physical, Nino?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
small sample size, and his team isn't very good. One thing for sure, Beckman can shoot, and shoot quickly. That's a NHL shot right there. Also think he will be an above average skater when all is said and done, with above average length. Maybe a faster, less physical, Nino?
No idea if we'll ever see it in the NHL, but it's a shame the stars didn't align to see him with Boldy and Addison on Iowa's powerplay this year.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Had to laugh and shake my head at the same time while watching Iowa play the Wolves. Some big, 6'3 or 4" dude leveled Boldy with a check at Center ice. 5'9" (and that's being optimistic), Shaw jumps the guy and starts throwing lefts, most of which missed the guy by 6" because he couldn't reach him. I applaud the courage, but;

- how did we get to a place where a clean check has to be "revenged"?

- does Shaw really think that it's ever going to be his job to be the policeman for any team, especially against a guy who is well over half a foot and 40 lbs. bigger than him ?

ROR looks quietly competent. Boldy didn't score, but looks good. He seems to be able to complete difficult passes quicker and better than anyone else on the ice. The ultimate thread the needle guy- excellent, creative vision. Shooting seems a bit off, but I think it's a temporary thing. Addison looks OK, but by no means dominant. Doesn't seem to get physically abused...he's built pretty thickly. Dewar is playing with Boldy.

Last edited:
Reactions: DemidovSaveUs

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Had to laugh and shake my head at the same time while watching Iowa play the Wolves. Some big, 6'3 or 4" dude leveled Boldy with a check at Center ice. 5'9" (and that's being optimistic), Shaw jumps the guy and starts throwing lefts, most of which missed the guy by 6" because he couldn't reach him. I applaud the courage, but;

- how did we get to a place where a clean check has to be "revenged"?

- does Shaw really think that it's ever going to be his job to be the policeman for any team, especially against a guy who is well over half a foot and 40 lbs. bigger than him ?

ROR looks quietly competent. Boldy didn't score, but looks good. He seems to be able to complete difficult passes quicker and better than anyone else on the ice. The ultimate thread the needle guy- excellent, creative vision. Shooting seems a bit off, but I think it's a temporary thing. Addison looks OK, but by no means dominant. Doesn't seem to get physically abused...he's built pretty thickly. Dewar is playing with Boldy.
It has always been that way and will always be that way. That's what good hockey teams do.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
No. That's what boneheads do.
You're wrong, but thanks for the effort

Go back as far as you like in the NHL, you've never been allowed to take runs at stars without paying the price. The only thing that has changed is that the rats taking the runs are no longer willing to answer for their play.

Last edited:

Olcoach

Nov 25, 2018
The Tundra
Only Boneheads stand up against a clean check. The dude didn't take a "run" at Boldy.

Last edited by a moderator:

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hard to tell because the Wolves rink has terrible sight lines, but Boldy displayed some really nice hands on his goal tonight. He was right around the crease, in traffic, and stickhandled around the goalie, basically. Belpedio is growing on me. I think he could be a third pairing guy in the NHL. Not tall, but thick. I don't think he would get pushed around.

Last edited:

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Hard to tell because the Wolves rink has terrible sight lines, but he looked to display some really nice hands on his goal tonight. He was right around the crease, in traffic, and stickhandled around the goalie, basically. Belpedio is growing on me. I think he could be a third pairing guy in the NHL. Not tall, but thick. I don't think he would get pushed around.
Who are you talking about in the first half? Belpedio?

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Who are you talking about in the first half? Belpedio?
Oh, sorry. Boldy.

Boldy makes and completes passes that most aren't able to. I think it's because of his quick hands, mind, and ability to slightly shift his passing angle, which opens up lanes. He reminds me a of a really good soccer player who can deliver the ball through feet in traffic.

I think he could play up now, but let's face it, our crying need is not for another LW. I think he, and the team, is better served by him getting tons of TOI down there. Maybe a game or two for him just to get a taste, but that involves him coming up to the taxi squad and quarantining first, doesn't it? Having him sit on his ass is the last thing he needs.

Last edited:

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Beckman with a hat trick tonight.

Slightly below his pace from last year, but his team doesn't seem very good. Lots of minuses on the board; and he has twice as many points as 3rd place on his team, and more goals than 2nd and 3rd place combined. Looks like it's basically just him and Zummack. And Zummack is his center, so it could just be him.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Beckman with a hat trick tonight.

Slightly below his pace from last year, but his team doesn't seem very good. Lots of minuses on the board; and he has twice as many points as 3rd place on his team, and more goals than 2nd and 3rd place combined. Looks like it's basically just him and Zummack. And Zummack is his center, so it could just be him.
20 pts in his last 10 games, too. Relatively slow start, but he's on fire again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->