Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2020-21 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Oh, sorry. Boldy.

Boldy makes and completes passes that most aren't able to. I think it's because of his quick hands, mind, and ability to slightly shift his passing angle, which opens up lanes. He reminds me a of a really good soccer player who can deliver the ball through feet in traffic.

I think he could play up now, but let's face it, our crying need is not for another LW. I think he, and the team, is better served by him getting tons of TOI down there. Maybe a game or two for him just to get a taste, but that involves him coming up to the taxi squad and quarantining first, doesn't it? Having him sit on his ass is the last thing he needs.
I thought with them being only three hours away he can drive up and not have to quarantine?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I thought with them being only three hours away he can drive up and not have to quarantine?
AFAIK quarantine, and taxi squads, are still a thing. Not that Iowa has the strictest protocols, but I think it's either a team, or NHL protocol. I would imagine that everyone is now vaccinated in either place, so maybe things have changed, or are about to change.

That's why you don't see Mermis, Rau, etc. getting any Iowa TOI.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
AFAIK quarantine, and taxi squads, are still a thing. Not that Iowa has the strictest protocols, but I think it's either a team, or NHL protocol. I would imagine that everyone is now vaccinated in either place, so maybe things have changed, or are about to change.

That's why you don't see Mermis, Rau, etc. getting any Iowa TOI.
I just recall earlier that someone mentioned a few months back that having Iowa so close helps the quarantine regulations.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Boldy's quarantine was a total of 3 days coming from NCAA. I doubt even if a plane ride is involved, there'd be much difference.

It's about testing more than anything. You come from a situation with frequent testing, drive to your destination, your "quarantine" will be almost unnoticeable. You just get tested once you reach your destination again, 24hrs at most these days.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Boldy's quarantine was a total of 3 days coming from NCAA. I doubt even if a plane ride is involved, there'd be much difference.

It's about testing more than anything. You come from a situation with frequent testing, drive to your destination, your "quarantine" will be almost unnoticeable. You just get tested once you reach your destination again, 24hrs at most these days.
Then why do they have taxi squads?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Then why do they have taxi squads?
Because most teams need to have a player ready same day. Taxi squad allows that.

Used to be, you could fly or drive a player in that morning, they'd play that night.

Now, a flight involves a few day quarantine, driving requires a new test to clear, they can't play for 1-3 days.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
You guys think we'll see Boldy with the Wild this year? With Newhook playing tonight, Boldy is the last man standing for players i want to see skate in the show this season.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
You guys think we'll see Boldy with the Wild this year? With Newhook playing tonight, Boldy is the last man standing for players i want to see skate in the show this season.
50/50. Guerin seems like the patient type, Evason tends to keep the roster static as long as they're winning, and they both seem to value team chemistry. I can see the sense in giving him a look before the playoffs start, but I wouldn't count on it.

Reactions: Eegs

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
50/50. Guerin seems like the patient type, Evason tends to keep the roster static as long as they're winning, and they both seem to value team chemistry. I can see the sense in giving him a look before the playoffs start, but I wouldn't count on it.

The Iowa season ends on May 15th. I don't see any reason not to add him to the playoff roster even if he doesn't see the ice during the postseason. At the very least he can get a taste of what life is like for a playoff team in the NHL.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I think it’s unlikely that he sees game time at this point even though I think he would be a contributor. The team cohesion currently is very strong and probably not worth tinkering with, especially if there aren’t any injuries.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
The Iowa season ends on May 15th. I don't see any reason not to add him to the playoff roster even if he doesn't see the ice during the postseason. At the very least he can get a taste of what life is like for a playoff team in the NHL.
Yeah, I assume he'll at least get the black ace treatment in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad