Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2020-21 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
I can't shake the feeling that Beckman will be traded this summer.
Hes in the trade tier unfortunately.. easiest somewhat enticing prospect to let go.

Prospects: Beckman, Khovanov, Jones, Menell and picks

Players: Dumba, Soucy, Greenway, and possibly Sturm...?

IF we make a play for a top c and don't give Rossi we would eventually be log jammed forcing Sturm/Rossi to 4th line or Wing. Mine as well sell high on potential of Sturm as I see his value more in the middle personally. Plus he's on the last year of his deal before UFA next season.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
If he isn't traded, I think he'll have a slow development in Iowa (not a bad thing) and come in to replace Zucc.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hes in the trade tier unfortunately.. easiest somewhat enticing prospect to let go.

IF we make a play for a top c and don't give Rossi we would eventually be log jammed forcing Sturm/Rossi to 4th line or Wing. Mine as well sell high on potential of Sturm as I see his value more in the middle personally. Plus he's on the last year of his deal before UFA next season.
I will be stunned if we trade Sturm. We need quality players on low cap hits, and of course, he plays the one position that we need more than any other.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020

Why would wild trade two top 4 d?

Why would wild trade sturm, a young rookie playing c position, & in terms of rookie like kaprizov, sturm scored 12 or 13 goals putting him up there with kaprizov in terms of the highest scoring rookies in wild history

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Rask? Parise? lol

I think he can find an excu...reason for not trading anyone on the roster.
I think I came off way snarkier than I meant to because I think he does have a few names in mind and I'm curious to hear them. I probably don't even really disagree with them, even I'm not as doctrinaire about it.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
I think I came off way snarkier than I meant to because I think he does have a few names in mind and I'm curious to hear them. I probably don't even really disagree with them, even I'm not as doctrinaire about it.

Fiala for eichel, greenway, pay Seattle to take soucy

I have made my position very much clear on dumba that I want him out based on how reckless/ careless he can be on ice with puck

I didn't think asking why wild would trade two top 4 dman would lead to me being attacked, mocked. I didn't think it's so controversial to ask a sincere question

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Also the obvious rask. Not putting parise because he has to do so for his own interests, & right now with his agent invested, it usually ends up being a shouting match in media

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
I think he can find an excu...reason for not trading anyone on the roster.

Umm, you might want to go back and look. Blatantly false. I have said multiple times that dumba should be traded.

I have been baffled about why rask is still on roster

Asking sincere question about two top 4 d being traded I guess is controversial

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Fiala for eichel, greenway, pay Seattle to take soucy

I have made my position very much clear on dumba that I want him out based on how reckless/ careless he can be on ice with puck

I didn't think asking why wild would trade two top 4 dman would lead to me being attacked, mocked. I didn't think it's so controversial to ask a sincere question
It's my bad for sounding too snarky there, and I apologize. I think you're probably misreading the initial post though. It was just listing guys that would probably be available in a trade, not that everyone listed would be traded.

And I agree on Dumba's future even if it's for different reasons. Still, it's not all that realistic to draw a thick circle around any player or prospect with redeeming qualities and say they'd never be traded. Like Sturm's had a very good year but he still projects as a 3rd line, strong forechecking sort of player (and he's found money, to boot). I'd prefer to keep him but if he needs to be included in a deal for someone like (say) Reinhart I'd hope Guerin considers it.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
I will be stunned if we trade Sturm. We need quality players on low cap hits, and of course, he plays the one position that we need more than any other.
No I agree. I was just saying if we do trade for a 1c and say Rossi is still here that log jams someone to 4th line center eventually... if you give Rossi time in the AHL. likely only a season though, probably not even a full one.
Why would wild trade two top 4 d?

Why would wild trade sturm, a young rookie playing c position, & in terms of rookie like kaprizov, sturm scored 12 or 13 goals putting him up there with kaprizov in terms of the highest scoring rookies in wild history
I was just laying out some names that could be involved in a trade. No where did I say we were trading all these players lol.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
It's their Future Watch - so it might be a little more dated. Only Rossi is in the top 20. I think Boldy was like 39 and Addison was like in the 60s.
Not sure when that list was from, but their recent list of "risers" has Addison at #1 and Boldy at #3.

Edit: Ah, didn't realize it was just comparing last year's list vs this year's list. Doesn't look like 2020 was a high bar to jump :laugh:

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Not sure when that list was from, but their recent list of "risers" has Addison at #1 and Boldy at #3.

Edit: Ah, didn't realize it was just comparing last year's list vs this year's list. Doesn't look like 2020 was a high bar to jump :laugh:

I'll check it out, but yeah I think Boldy and Addison went from pretty low to not ranked to ranked.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
How did Ryan O’Rourke look for you guys in the AHL? Really rooting for the kid!
Gradually improved throughout the year. Ended up being a solid defender, with decent puck skills. Also seemed to be able to handle the physicality better and better. Overall, very positive for an 18yo. I don't see him ever being the type of Dman that wows you with skill, but there is something to be said for a really good defender with good size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad