Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Hattrick for McBain?

EDIT: Disregard, stream is behind the stats sheet

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Parise would have jammed that into the goalies pads a few more times. Just sayin.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It would be great if Boldy could use this opportunity to get another point. 35 minutes left, so plenty of time.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
So Boldy's line has been used against other teams top lines?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm seeing a lot of good plays from him to keep possession of the puck for his team. That was twice that shift that he was able to maintain the puck for his guys, then when he passed it away, his teammate lost it.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I'm seeing a lot of good plays from him to keep possession of the puck for his team. That was twice that shift that he was able to maintain the puck for his guys, then when he passed it away, his teammate lost it.
There's been a lot of that in the games I've seen, but I don't watch enough college hockey to have any sense of a "baseline" for McBain and McPhee. Boldy makes a lot of nifty passes that get fumbled and possession ends up going the other way, but I'm not sure if that's on his linemates for mishandling it or on him for not keeping things a little simpler.

I've also noticed that he doesn't win a lot of races or puck battles, but like you say there have been a few good counter-examples in this game. Seems like a good sign.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Interesting defensive strategy by McPhee there

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
There's been a lot of that in the games I've seen, but I don't watch enough college hockey to have any sense of a "baseline" for McBain and McPhee. Boldy makes a lot of nifty passes that get fumbled and possession ends up going the other way, but I'm not sure if that's on his linemates for mishandling it or on him for not keeping things a little simpler.

I've also noticed that he doesn't win a lot of races or puck battles, but like you say there have been a few good counter-examples in this game. Seems like a good sign.

After watching UND for however many years with guys like Kristo, Nelson, Boeser, Schmaltz, etc, I think it's more on McBain and McPhee. From what I've seen (and I think this is my third time watching BC), Boldy isn't really doing anything that should be difficult for his linemates to handle.

It would be nice if they would switch it up a bit and give Boldy someone to play with that's more offensively inclined, but with how well BC has been playing lately, I doubt it.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I know it's supposed to be iconic or whatever, but I hate ND's font.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
After watching UND for however many years with guys like Kristo, Nelson, Boeser, Schmaltz, etc, I think it's more on McBain and McPhee. From what I've seen (and I think this is my third time watching BC), Boldy isn't really doing anything that should be difficult for his linemates to handle.

It would be nice if they would switch it up a bit and give Boldy someone to play with that's more offensively inclined, but with how well BC has been playing lately, I doubt it.
Yeah, I don't really mind it if the coach is patient with him, and so far he has been. I'm completely okay with him not scoring again until March if he develops as a center. Just sucks for stat-watching.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
He looked good on that powerplay shift too. What's more is he was moving around looking for a shot, rather than just standing still looking for a pass. Perhaps you could say he was holding on to it too long, but I didn't have an issue with anything he did that shift.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah, I don't really mind it if the coach is patient with him, and so far he has been. I'm completely okay with him not scoring again until March if he develops as a center. Just sucks for stat-watching.

I don't think it's even a consideration anymore of whether he's a center or a winger. From what I've seen and heard, he's very comfortable at center and he's playing well, and the lack of points isn't due to position. Other than maybe, if he was playing wing, he'd get the opportunity to play with better offensive players. But as far as what he's doing as an individual, he wouldn't get more points playing winger.

Anyway, I can definitely see top 6 center potential in him, even if it takes a couple years longer than we hope.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
He looked good on that powerplay shift too. What's more is he was moving around looking for a shot, rather than just standing still looking for a pass. Perhaps you could say he was holding on to it too long, but I didn't have an issue with anything he did that shift.
I wish he could've found a way to shoot it when he was skating around the slot, but in general I thought he looked incredibly poised.

Reactions: AKL

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Omg the way he just pronounced Mankato lolol

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Good news, none of our guys were out for that GA :D

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Comparing Newhook to Boldy, Boldy seems way more poised when he has the puck and when he's carrying the puck up the ice. Seems like Newhook is full steam ahead and leads to more mistakes.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Off the crossbar, good move to get a shot off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad