Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2019-20 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Comparing Newhook to Boldy, Boldy seems way more poised when he has the puck and when he's carrying the puck up the ice. Seems like Newhook is full steam ahead and leads to more mistakes.
to be honest I've thought newhook has looked like a complete idiot for the most part

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Boldy looking like an all pro cornerback on the blueline there

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
this boldy kid makes more backhand passes than any player I've ever seen. He's going to have to stop making skill plays before gets a shot in mn.

Reactions: AKL

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Noted MN Wild prospect Marshall Warren

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Oh wow, can they review things in college hockey?

EDIT: Yes they can, apparently

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Not that they ever had it together, but Notre Dame is just falling apart now.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
boldy just tried to make the most skilled dangle on the zone entry that I've ever seen. flipped it up in the air on his backhand, tried to bat it down between the defenders legs. Boudreau will fix that #noskillplayersallowed

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
boldy just tried to make the most skilled dangle on the zone entry that I've ever seen. flipped it up in the air on his backhand, tried to bat it down between the defenders legs. Boudreau will fix that #noskillplayersallowed

If Boudreau isn't gone by the time Boldy gets here, man oh man

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
If Boudreau isn't gone by the time Boldy gets here, man oh man
more of the negatives that come with making the playoffs: Boudreau extension. But still, that was an extremely cocky move for a kid who has 3 points all year, and I loved it

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
more of the negatives that come with making the playoffs: Boudreau extension. But still, that was an extremely cocky move for a kid who has 3 points all year, and I loved it

To me, that says that he's not letting his point total get to him and change his game. He's not getting more timid because the points aren't coming, and that's a good sign.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
So, no real concerns?
Boldy seemed to play it a little too safe in the offensive end when he didn't have the puck. But, they were playing with a large lead the entire game. Deffensively he was good. He was very good when he had the puck. Handled the zone entries and QB duties for his PP unit.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I think he has a real shot to explode next year if he's handed 1C and 1st powerplay duties. The hope would be that there is still offensive talent around to support him

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Don’t know much about BC, who could be gone next year?
Cotton, Matilla are seniors, and Hutsko probably moves on, so their whole top line is gone. Boldy and McBain will be back. Hardman, who as a freshman has been putting up good numbers with Newhook and rasanen on BC’s second line. All of those 3 will be back I would think. I’d like to see Boldy center that line down the stretch at some point. I could also see Newhook moving on after this year, especially if he gets moved to NJ for T.Hall. Boldy has suffered from playing on a checking line this year while getting the back half of his teams power play. I’d like to see him put in a position where he is asked to produce. I think part of the reason York hasn’t moved him around much is because he has been doing what’s been asked of him quite nicely so far this year.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
USA preliminary WJC roster comes out tomorrow. I’d be pretty surprised if Boldy doesn’t make it. Jay O’Brien made it last year and had 2 points compared to Boldy’s 3. For better or worse, O’Brien had 0 points in 7 games at the WJC. Perhaps USA thinks it was a mistake to bring him and overreacts on Boldy. Either way, the roster should come with some controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad