Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2019-20 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Boldy just tried to score between his legs. That’s so cocky for a guy w/ 2 goals. I’d just be trying to put the puck in the net. Jeez what a guy

You say cocky, I say dynamic

Tomato, tomato

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
You say cocky, I say dynamic

Tomato, tomato
Same thing. I can’t believe how much more skilled he is than Newhook. Newhook just gets to the net and finishes. He’s a good skater but I’d rather have Boldy entering the zone with the puck still.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
He's got that Zuccarello syndrome where his teammates aren't skilled enough to play with him

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Looking at his stats, obviously they don't really impress, but watching him play, I wonder if playing next season in the AHL wouldn't benefit him more than another year in college.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Looking at his stats, obviously they don't really impress, but watching him play, I wonder if playing next season in the AHL wouldn't benefit him more than another year in college.
I mean, he’s a much better player than Wahlstrom, but Wahlstrom isn’t exactly lighting it up in the AHL. I would rather just have Boldy play less games and have more time to get stronger during the season in college.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
But yeah, every time I watch him play he looks great. I’m not a fan of him playing on a checking line. I think he’d be producing a ton with better line mates.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I mean, he’s a much better player than Wahlstrom, but Wahlstrom isn’t exactly lighting it up in the AHL. I would rather just have Boldy play less games and have more time to get stronger during the season in college.

12 in 27 isn't exactly bad for a 19 year old rookie. I hear what you're saying, but I wonder if Boldy would benefit from not being one of the most skilled guys on the ice. Or from getting adjusted to the pace and strength of a much tougher league. I don't know what the answer is. Ultimately I'm sure he'll be back at BC next season, but it'll definitely be something I'm curious about.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
His play almost looks lackadaisical sometimes. As if he's used to playing with a certain caliber of player and playing a certain way and he can't do that here so he's almost bored or disinterested. That wouldn't reflect positively on his character if true, but some people do better when playing with/against better players.

Ie. These spin moves and fancy plays he tries making are because he's trying to challenge himself? If that makes sense?

Obviously I don't know what the deal is with his lack of production but it's got me intrigued and has my mind wandering.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
His play almost looks lackadaisical sometimes. As if he's used to playing with a certain caliber of player and playing a certain way and he can't do that here so he's almost bored or disinterested. That wouldn't reflect positively on his character if true, but some people do better when playing with/against better players.

Ie. These spin moves and fancy plays he tries making are because he's trying to challenge himself? If that makes sense?

Obviously I don't know what the deal is with his lack of production but it's got me intrigued and has my mind wandering.
I know what you mean. It’s kind head scratching. He doesn’t look like he’s trying or even cares sometimes. I don’t think it has to do with character issues though just because I remember his NTDP coach like crying when he got drafted because he’s such a great kid

Reactions: AKL

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I wouldn't mind Boldy in the AHL next year, the heavier game schedule might suit him more. I wouldn't mind if he stayed in college another year either and see how he improves from Fresh to Soph year.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'd rather see a prospect excel at the level he's at before he gets promoted. Far more prospects are ruined by promoting them too fast, than the reverse.

Let him stay in college, date some college girls, fail a few courses, and just generally be a college student In a great town before he gets into the grind of pro hockey.

Last edited:
Reactions: BagHead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->