Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2019-20 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Boldy should have enough equity with USA hockey.
Can't imagine that USA Hockey is dumb enough to leave him off of the preliminary list. Once he's at camp, I can't see his point total at BC being much of a factor in him making the team or not.

Reactions: AKL

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Boldy seemed to play it a little too safe in the offensive end when he didn't have the puck. But, they were playing with a large lead the entire game. Deffensively he was good. He was very good when he had the puck. Handled the zone entries and QB duties for his PP unit.

Again, I cannot emphasize enough how good he was with the puck on his stick. Rarely made a mistake, always seemed to drive play forward. Very poised, very smart.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Can't imagine that USA Hockey is dumb enough to leave him off of the preliminary list. Once he's at camp, I can't see his point total at BC being much of a factor in him making the team or not.
One would hope, but it wouldn't be the first time that USA Hockey has left a talented, under-producing Wild prospect playing at Boston College off of the WJC roster.

Reactions: dBoon

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I love when 5th round picks from last years draft make it over our 1st rounder, and our first rounder from the year before is nowhere to be found on Sweden’s roster

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It looks like they basically went off of production. Which is really weird considering 6 months ago he was the 4th highest scorer on what was historically one of the best USNTDP teams of all time. He was also 4th in USHL points per game and WJC points per game.

But 15 games in the NCAA should condemn him to not even having a shot?

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
It looks like they basically went off of production. Which is really weird considering 6 months ago he was the 4th highest scorer on what was historically one of the best USNTDP teams of all time. He was also 4th in USHL points per game and WJC points per game.

But 15 games in the NCAA should condemn him to not even having a shot?
One would’ve thought they would’ve brought him on equity and then cut him if he really does stink. Whatever, I’m a little annoyed that I’m going to have to cheer for the US to lose now. Bastards

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
One would’ve thought they would’ve brought him on equity and then cut him if he really does stink. Whatever, I’m a little annoyed that I’m going to have to cheer for the US to lose now. Bastards

Surely he deserved that at the very least.

Hopefully he'll take this as a slight, come back in January with a chip on his shoulder and dismantle everyone in his way. I feel bad for him. I know the points aren't there at BC, but he really is playing good hockey in a shutdown role. He deserved better.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Same thing happened to Tuch, look at him now. I won't sweat it. The kid is skilled.

Some might say too skilled for the scoresheet?

Yes it's concerning the points aren't there, but 15 game scoring slumps aren't unheard of. If you play poorly during said slump it's one thing, but all accounts say he's playing well but has terrible luck. I'll continue to let it play out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Same thing happened to Tuch, look at him now. I won't sweat it. The kid is skilled.

Some might say too skilled for the scoresheet?

Yes it's concerning the points aren't there, but 15 game scoring slumps aren't unheard of. If you play poorly during said slump it's one thing, but all accounts say he's playing well but has trouble luck. I'll continue to let it play out.

I'm not worried about him long term, but it would have been nice to see him get the opportunity to make the team. And maybe he makes the team, gets his scoring touch back during the tournament, and finishes the season at BC strong because of it.

Like I said, he is playing well, and he's being asked to play a defensive role, he'll be fine. Same way Tuch was fine.

Reactions: TaLoN

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hey, he's gotta produce. Imagine the screams of indignation if he was gifted a spot on the team over others who are actually scoring this year. Maybe this will be the kick in the ass he needs to motivate him...maybe we screwed up and picked the wrong guy.

Reactions: Mickey the mouse

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
HAHAHAHA, Miller made it to camp? That's f***ing rich. Maybe the USA coaches can fix what Granato has done to him.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Looking at some of the guys that made the team over Boldy, it does look like NCAA/Junior production this season likely played a role in their selection.

USA Hockey traditionally does not just pick a team of the best players for the World Juniors and that's why Tuch got snubbed a few years ago. I don't agree with the selection process because I think it limits their depth, but they feel they've been successful enough over the last several tournaments that they don't have to change anything.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
If not making camp comes down to his NCAA production I guess it's neither surprising nor concerning. Just would've made the WJC more fun to watch.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I just think that given how well Boldy has performed for USA Hockey in tournament play that you at least give him a camp roster spot and see if reuniting with some of these guys lights a fire. Leaving him out of camp altogether based on 15 games of his freshmen NCAA season seems very short sighted.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
There’s not many things I’d rather have happen than boldly go on a 2pt/game run the remainder of the season.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
I just think that given how well Boldy has performed for USA Hockey in tournament play that you at least give him a camp roster spot and see if reuniting with some of these guys lights a fire. Leaving him out of camp altogether based on 15 games of his freshmen NCAA season seems very short sighted.
Welcome to USA hockey and their 200iq brain trust.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018

Might be time to accept we can’t draft in the first round and trade our first for a collection of 2nd-7th rounds picks

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
For guys we drafted in the last 3 drafts, playing the same league as last year...

Jones (OHL)
PY: 3.31 GAA and 0.902 SV%
CY: 2.53 GAA and 0.918 SV%

Beckman (WHL)
PY: .47 goals/game and .91 points/game
CY: .57 goals/game and 1.54 points/game

Lindberg (NCAA)
PY: 1.60 GAA and 0.935 SV%
CY 1.76 GAA and 0.926 SV%

McBain (NCAA)
PY: .17 goals/game and .37 points/game
CY: .27 goals/game and .60 points/game