TV: Game of Thrones | Season 7 | Part VII -TV talk ONLY -NO Books, Spoilers, NO LEAKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
The wildlings are savage, undisciplined people. Not saying they deserved to die but looked what they did to Olly and his parents when just a few of them made it over the wall.

Other than that someone like Tywin and Cersei are much more evil than the Night King.

I think it's fairly clear that the NK wants to eliminate all living people. Not the kind of person I normally root for.

Yarborough

This is not a robbery, I swear!
Mar 14, 2015
YYC
The writing this season is awful but it has been for the past few seasons. The action is decent though but the writing was so bad this episode minus the suicides squad banter.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
The wildlings are savage, undisciplined people. Not saying they deserved to die but looked what they did to Olly and his parents when just a few of them made it over the wall.

Other than that someone like Tywin and Cersei are much more evil than the Night King.

What about the ones who helped Jon Snow ? Tormund ? Remember Hardhome ? Hardly people who deserved death. They're afraid of the Night King with reason, he's literally a killing machine, created by the Children of the Forest for the sole purpose of waging war against men. He's killed every wildling his army's faced. His walkers dismember people and kill children indiscriminately.

You're comparing this to a war strategy where a group of raiders were trying to lure the Nights Watch out in the open. And the Thenns (who arent cannibals in the books). Wildlings hate the Thenns.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
I think it's fairly clear that the NK wants to eliminate all living people. Not the kind of person I normally root for.

We still dont that for certain because he's never made it south of the wall. I hope there is more to his character, but with only 7 episodes left I feel I'll be disappointed.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Is it that much more expensive than an ice bear zombie?
One has to look real and the other can look however they want.

Yah you shouldnt care. Just enjoy the show for what it is instead of nitpicking every little thing.
But...the little things are the backbone of all great fantasy/sci-fi, and why this show in particular is so popular in the first place.

Last edited:

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
We still dont that for certain because he's never made it south of the wall. I hope there is more to his character, but with only 7 episodes left I feel I'll be disappointed.

I heard each episode next season will have a runtime of anywhere between 70 mins to almost 2 hours long. So that should provide enough time to carve out his backstory a little more.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
I feel, hope, we hear the night king talk, possibly the last scene of the season. He speaks his first words after watching the wall fall

Also people need to remember that Arya KNOWS Sansa wants to usurp Jon, she knows when people lie and she made that abundantly clear in the you are thinking it now scene

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Beric with his sword is really one of the more badass characters on the show

I'm looking forward to seeing where his story arc goes

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yah you shouldnt care. Just enjoy the show for what it is instead of nitpicking every little thing.

Idk man. If we consider the Walking Dead a sci fi show, I've long grown sick of it due to it's painfully repetitive nature.

But I mean the worst GoT episodes are better than the best of TWD outside of maybe the Pilot.

I feel, hope, we hear the night king talk, possibly the last scene of the season. He speaks his first words after watching the wall fall

Also people need to remember that Arya KNOWS Sansa wants to usurp Jon, she knows when people lie and she made that abundantly clear in the you are thinking it now scene

Sneaky edit. I saw that Wanda :P

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

Care to specific or just make stupid assumptions. The excuse that it's a fantasy or sci-fi show doesn't absolve it from bad writing, acting or anything else that comes this media.

In fact if it wasn't so strong in these categories for many seasons it still wouldn't be a show but do go on with your vague useless comments. It's okay just to enjoy the action and be dumb to it. Some people want the show to be more.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

There was a lot wrong with this episode, not just the teleportation. People arent nit picking everything, theyre legitmately complaining about something which is managing to break the suspension of disbelief.

That is a problem which should not be ignored.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
The writing this season is awful but it has been for the past few seasons. The action is decent though but the writing was so bad this episode minus the suicides squad banter.

It's all on Martin. B&W didn't sign up to fill in the blanks on his work. It's fine to call out the writing, but they had source material for 5+ seasons and now they have Coles notes.

Yarborough

This is not a robbery, I swear!
Mar 14, 2015
YYC

I hope we hear the night king speak, I want him to be more than a generic wmd

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I heard each episode next season will have a runtime of anywhere between 70 mins to almost 2 hours long. So that should provide enough time to carve out his backstory a little more.

Yeah, I thought I read that every episode next season was going to be 2 hours.

Either way, if every episode is between 70 and 120 minutes long it's actually going to be a lot of show time(Potentially as much as a full 10 episode season or potentially even longer).

Definitely still has the potential to run more story on the Nights King. Though I dont think it will happen. Unless the crazy Bran is Night King theory ends up being true in which case there would need to be a tonne more story development occur on the character.

But I think at this point the NK is what he is. A true evil that wants to see man kind ended at all costs. The true villain of the series(Though Cersei is giving him one hell of a run).

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

I really do hope we at least learn more about his story and motivations, and that he isn't just a mindless killing machine or something.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Kinda hate the Hound in this episode.

He just stood there when Thoros was fighting the dead bear.. smh.

He has an intense fear of fire from when his brother stuck his face in the firepit. Witnessing that Undead Bear burning up in flames, he was literally frozen with fear.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Care to specific or just make stupid assumptions. The excuse that it's a fantasy or sci-fi show doesn't absolve it from bad writing, acting or anything else that comes this media.

In fact if wasn't so strong in these categories for many seasons it still wouldn't be a show but do go on with your vague useless comments.

Triggered much? :laugh: im saying just try to enjoy the show. The writing has slipped from seasons past but it doesn't make things less enjoyable.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

The only thing we can use to interpret Sansa as someone looking to usurp Jon is that one conversation. That is virtually it. If the writers are intending for that to be a trait of Sansa's now (despite the other examples where Sansa literally deferred to Jon and only asked for him to acknowledge her for advice), they have done a terrible job of establishing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad