TV: Game of Thrones | Season 7 | Part VII -TV talk ONLY -NO Books, Spoilers, NO LEAKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The quality of the show went downhill after season 4. I thought season 5 was just awful. If it wasnt for Hardholme I dont think I would remember much from that season.

There was a lot of talk at the time that they delayed some of the plots purposefully for season 5 based on GRRM asking for a bit of time to get Winds of Winter out, and then he never did anyways. So they dragged a season with some filler for nothing and it is obviously the worst season by far.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The quality of the show went downhill after season 4. I thought season 5 was just awful. If it wasnt for Hardholme I dont think I would remember much from that season.

Season 5 was pretty bad. So many meandering storylines without strong substance behind them. I did think season 6 was a decent improvement but didn't quite hit season 4's level

Imo it's been S1>S2>S4>S6>S7>S3>S5. I've rewatched the seasons a number of times and I've soured on season 3 a fair bit. Might be a controversial take but I just feel now that it was a pretty unremarkable season outside of the Red Wedding.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Get ready for it guys, we've all thought about it, we all wanted it, it's coming next week on Sunday Night GoT

Screenshot_20170820-192700_zpsbgjjo76m.png

Live from Westeros, it's the Cleganebowl!

Yarborough

This is not a robbery, I swear!
Mar 14, 2015
YYC
When Jon came out of the water I wanted the NK to be there and that's when he would've talked and said something. Like I really hope he says at least something.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I liked the discussion Jorah and Thoros had about the Siege of Pyke. Jorah has always thought Thoros was incredibly brave for charging through the breach first and admired him for it, while here he finds out he was so drunk he doesn't even remember the battle. Does that actually make Jorah the bravest one there as he was sober and went through second? :laugh:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
How did Jon and Sansa end up as the only normal Starks

Jon is normal from our perspective, but can you imagine what the legend around that guy is at that point? Not exactly a normal person in Westeros.

Daenerys essentially got confirmation this episode that the story of him dying and being resurrected is legitimate. He's survived what appear to be impossible situations multiple times.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
How come no one took Thoros' flaming sword?!?!

The Hound with a flaming sword would've been so pimp. And fitting, signalling that he's over the fear.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
I hope Bran steps in at some point and puts an end to the Arya-Sansa infighting. It's really become nothing more than a stupid distraction at this point.

That would be a believable way to end that.

I like the theory that she's playing LF, otherwise this is annoying.

I really hope that is it, too.

I read her giving the dagger to Sansa and turning her back to her as the "I believe and trust you" moment.

That would be perfect, actually.

I think I would of liked it better if Dany decided to go to the wall shortly after Jon departed for it, and while she was there Gendry stumbled in with the message.

Isnt that better?

Yes, it would have been.

Why do people think the dead Dragon would spit fire?? Wouldn't it spit Ice?

That seems to be the prevailing theory, yes.

Earlier in the season after Dany uses Drogon, Tyrion and Varys talked about how Dany was going to need someone to talk to her and keep her emotions in check so she doesn't become her father and become a mad king as well and Tyrion says something along the lines of he doesn't think he can be the one to do that for her. Well, I think with the amount of respect and admiration Dany shows to Jon this episode, that Jon is going to end up being the one she listens to and will keep her from going mad so to speak.

I think the chances of Dany going "mad queen" just went down about 75% after this episode. I think Jon is the one to rein her in.

I want the
Night King to win even though he probably wont. Its funny how Jon Snow thinks he's some evil killing machine even though he hasnt really shown that.

I just hope the last season does his character justice and we know more about him, his motivations etc. Unlike say the main villain in Lost's final season.

I agree with this sentiment in principle. I mean, yes, he's killed lots, but there's more to it, there has to be.

It is kind of amazing that we've only got 7 episodes left of this series and still don't really know that much about the WW or their motivations. It would seem kind of un-Martin-like if they're just this completely mindless evil force.

Agree.

For one thing, if he could pick off a dragon with pinpoint accuracy from that distance while it flies, on his first try, couldn't he have done that to Jon by now in their few meetings? But he hasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad