TV: Game of Thrones | Season 7 | Part VII -TV talk ONLY -NO Books, Spoilers, NO LEAKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
There should be a separate thread for you petty nerds to cry about raven speeds and origins of chains so you stop ruining this one.

I hope that article from the director boiled all of your blood a little bit too. You guys are ridiculous

We asked for a thread.

Moderators said no.

They will get tired eventually and then we get to discuss the show.

Better that they complain here than taking it to the streets and rioting.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The excellent exchange between Jon and Berric seems to have gotten lost on the shuffle.

It was an excellent piece of dialogue between these two characters in a slow moment of the episode.

I loved the exchange between them, and you're right that it got lost.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Suspension of disbelief refers to things being plausible within the world that has been built. As long as what they are doing follows the rules of the world, it works.

A classic example of it failing is that it's easy to accept that Superman can fly and has super strength, but why can no one recognize him with glasses on?

I agree completely. Which is why timelines of ravens is worth discussing (although not my major gripe with this episode)

Willing suspension of belief is a better term for TV. Viewers are more willing to suspend their beliefs if the payoff is worth it.

The "payoff" for me is a well-told, cohesive story, that doesn't leave me thinking "well that doesn't make sense". The "payoff" is not CGI fire killing CGI zombies.

and since it is brought up a lot....I'm not some George RR Martin fanboy that hates anything that he might not have direct influence over. I haven't read the books. I don't know where they end. I don't know anything about the story outside of the show

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
I agree completely. Which is why timelines of ravens is worth discussing (although not my major gripe with this episode)

The "payoff" for me is a well-told, cohesive story, that doesn't leave me thinking "well that doesn't make sense". The "payoff" is not CGI fire killing CGI zombies.

and since it is brought up a lot....I'm not some George RR Martin fanboy that hates anything that he might not have direct influence over. I haven't read the books. I don't know where they end. I don't know anything about the story outside of the show

Then I suspect that you will not enjoy the rest of the series.

I doubt that they will negotiate with the NK or he will start playing the Game of Thrones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad