TV: Game of Thrones | Season 7 | Part VII -TV talk ONLY -NO Books, Spoilers, NO LEAKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Also, since I haven't mentioned it yet....where the **** is Ghost?!

Castle Black still? Winterfell? The direwolves are apparently expensive and difficult to do well, especially in a chaotic battle scene.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region

Budget cuts due to more CGI dollars going towards fight scenes, the undead army, Nymeria and the dragons. But I do remember reading an article saying that Nymeria and her pack would have a bigger role next season. I'm assuming it will be the same for Ghost?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
So I have to say I actually thought the scene with Daenerys and Jon at the end was fantastic. Daenerys pledged herself to help Jon fight the army of the dead without conditions, and Jon swore fealty to her. Daenerys' reaction to Jon calling her "my queen" was perhaps the most humble and vulnerable we have ever seen her, and her response of "I hope I deserve it" was great. Here is probably the most honorable and selfless person she has ever met, and he is telling her that he trusts and will follow her. She's not sure she even deserves that level of trust from someone like Jon, who she clearly thinks is better than her, but she's incredibly touched by it. Add to that the fact that both of them clearly love the other and the subtle hints towards a marriage alliance, and it was a great scene.

Completely agreed.

I honestly didn't really care all that much about the Jon/Dany meeting before this season. Knew it was coming and saw a lot of people making a big deal about it but I was always meh on the idea.

But I think it's been exceptionally well done by both the actors and the writers at creating a romance and strong bond between the two characters very quickly.

I dont usually "Ship" characters in TV shows and all that but I am genuinely looking forward to them and what comes of it for the two of them.

Earlier in the season after Dany uses Drogon, Tyrion and Varys talked about how Dany was going to need someone to talk to her and keep her emotions in check so she doesn't become her father and become a mad king as well and Tyrion says something along the lines of he doesn't think he can be the one to do that for her. Well, I think with the amount of respect and admiration Dany shows to Jon this episode, that Jon is going to end up being the one she listens to and will keep her from going mad so to speak.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
She's been really strong all season I think, especially her facial expressions. She's at her weakest when she gets loud and upset (where are my dragons!)

I want the Night King to win even though he probably wont. Its funny how Jon Snow thinks he's some evil killing machine even though he hasnt really shown that.

I just hope the last season does his character justice and we know more about him, his motivations etc. Unlike say the main villain in Lost's final season.

Apr 28, 2010
This Jon/Dany love story is going to turn me into a fangirl.. lol. If they end up together, they will be the best couple in TV history.

Chemistry is really there. Probably helped too that they're already friends outside the show.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

In show - My guess is Jon wouldnt want to take him because he knows in a fight with a horde of wights Ghost would get killed trying to dfend him (would not listen to orders like actual people).

In real life - CGI/budgetary constraints. Although this is getting a little flimsy, as this excuse used to also be used for dragons and battles, two things which are currently getting A LOT of airtime.

So I'll go with the "in show" excuse.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I want the Night King to win even though he probably wont. Its funny how Jon Snow thinks he's some evil killing machine even though he hasnt really shown that.

I just hope the last season does his character justice and we know more about him, his motivations etc. Unlike say the main villain in Lost's final season.

Other then murdering tens of thousands of wildlings and turning them into zombies, of course.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Is it that much more expensive than an ice bear zombie?

Possibly, I don't know. The undead ice bear doesn't have to look perfectly real since it has undead and ice parts to it and there is some room for error. Ghost has to look and move like a real giant wolf.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

It is kind of amazing that we've only got 7 episodes left of this series and still don't really know that much about the WW or their motivations. It would seem kind of un-Martin-like if they're just this completely mindless evil force.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
CGI can't be anymore expensive than these huge outdoor scenes they have been doing. Just shooting in those conditions is challenging. The train loot scene was major $$$$ to set up. If they wanted Ghost there he would be there. They had several of them earlier in the season for Arya.

Having Ghost there is just another issue they have to deal with in the scene. Save him for next season.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

What do you mean by that first paragraph ?

He's killed tens of thousands of wildlings. He's used their corpses as art. He's used animal corposes as intimidation.

What more do you expect from an evil killing machine ?

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Other then murdering tens of thousands of wildlings and turning them into zombies, of course.

The wildlings are savage, undisciplined people. Not saying they deserved to die but looked what they did to Olly and his parents when just a few of them made it over the wall.

Other than that someone like Tywin and Cersei are much more evil than the Night King.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
I understand the financial logistics of having Ghost appear, but he should have been mentioned more and certainly is more valuable from a narrative perspective than he's gotten in this season.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I just really, really hope the finale doesn't get leaked before next Sunday night.

I'm watching it live next week no matter what and I dont want to have to go under a rock for an extended period of time this week :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad