TV: Game of Thrones | Season 6 | Part VI (NO BOOK DISCUSSION - NO SPOILERS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
I still can't get over Mace Tyrell either. Has one of his guards guiding his horse for him, so all he is going is riding it and not controlling it, and he brings his mother along to oversee and control the situation. What an oaf. :laugh:

His men's complete silence after his speech was hilarious. Luckily he has Randyll Tarly and Loras to lead his actual army.

NYR89

Jul 29, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
The talk around the office today focused on the flash back sequence we saw from Bran and the thought is that he had an effect on the all the events that flashed by.

Thoughts from the group?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The talk around the office today focused on the flash back sequence we saw from Bran and the thought is that he had an effect on the all the events that flashed by.

Thoughts from the group?

Uhhh doubt it.

You really think Bran compelled Jamie to throw him from the tower?

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Round 6: A Winner Has No Name.

Game Of Thrones: Season 6: Death Prediction List

How To Play/Rules/Notices:

- Post who you think will die next. I will update the list at least once a day, as the season goes on. I will update every page or two and post the updated list, every couple of pages.

- One pick per poster.

- No takesies-backsies. Once you've chosen, you're locked in till the next episode airs.

- Flashback Deaths - Your pick has to be someone who is currently alive. Now that flashbacks are more common in the show, they may also contain scenes of people dying, who are already dead. You can't pick a current dead person to die, even if we're shown that previous death scene.

- BOOK READERS - As always, we kindly request that if you know who is going to die next, please refrain from participating. The show has caught up to and surpassed the books in some storylines....so at the end of the day, use your best judgement. If you honestly don't know and are 'guessing', then you're most welcome to do so.

- And please feel free to give your character choice a 'nickname' [Ex. Meryn 'Pedo' Trant, Podrick 'Tri-Pod' Payne]. If you don't feel like it adding a nickname, i'll do it for you.

- The first poster(s) whose character choice dies, wins.(The character doesn't have to be the first person to die in the episode)

- Cut-Off Time to get to your pick in are Sundays, 4pm EST/7pm PST

Round 7

Virtanen18 - The 'I Hate That Chick' Waif
Mrb1p - Sam 'Hots For The North' Tarly
ap3x - The 'Arc Ender' Waif
StrictlyCommercial - Edmure 'My Big Fat ****ed Up Frey Wedding' Tully
tacogeoff - Edmure 'Made The Bedding Ceremony' Tully
hamzarocks - Edmure 'Still Banged Her' Tully
SashaSemin28 - Brienne 'Tormund's Heart's Bane' Of Tarth
firewagonHOCKEY - Daario 'All Loose Ends Must Die' Naharis
Diamondillium - The 'A Girl Has No Nickname' Waif
Sharpshooter - Lothar 'Blackfish Fodder' Frey
Lord J T Shark - Benjen 'Benjamin-Jennifer' Stark
Sammy225 - Gilly 'Founding Member Of Sam's Club' Wildling
Blender - Lancel 'Westboros Baptist Church Sign Maker' Lannister
Belamorte - Tyrion 'The Dwarf' Lannister
Modo - Tommen "Lil Britches" Lannister
SugarSherm - Sansa 'Show Me Your ****' Stark
Psyfer - Edmure 'FloppyFish' Tully
The Drop - Benjen 'Grab My Good Hand' Stark
Miamipuck - Grand Maester 'Grumpy Grandpa' Pycelle
Eazy for Kuzy - The 'Jealous Witch' Waif
Delicate Genius - Walder 'Evil Willie Nelson' Frey
USC Trojans - The 'Gonna Get Stuck With The Pointy End' Waif
kmad - Tommen 'The Faithful King' Lannister
hoyster - The 'A Girl Has No Nickname' Waif
darko - Edmure 'Where's My Wifey' Tully
PALE PWNR - Benjen 'The Good Zombie' Stark
Oxymoron - Grand Maester 'No Lab For Old Men' Pycelle
Gee Wally - Randyll 'Father Knows Best' Tarly
Bubba Thudd - The Waif 'Wif No Name'

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I really really hope we don't come to find that Bran is the catalyst for a lot of these important events. I like the Mad King just being... well, mad.

Same. It will really cheapen the series if he or the Three Eyed Raven are really involved in every big event.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
i didnt understand the converstation between cersie and jamie, she made the notion that she has the mountain...but i cant recall her to be in a position to defend herself in a trail by combat :huh: did i miss something ?

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
i didnt understand the converstation between cersie and jamie, she made the notion that she has the mountain...but i cant recall her to be in a position to defend herself in a trail by combat :huh: did i miss something ?

Does the religion's laws allow for a trial by combat even? Maybe that just applies to the King's laws. It would be hilarious to see the look on Cersei's face if High Sparrow says that's not an option.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB

She has an upcoming trial for incest with Lancel Lannister ongoing still from last season. The walk of attonement from what I gather was just to secure her temporary release.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Does the religion's laws allow for a trial by combat even? Maybe that just applies to the King's laws. It would be hilarious to see the look on Cersei's face if High Sparrow says that's not an option.

I thought trial by combat was religious.

It's to let the gods judge.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
If Jamie is now in charge of the Lannister army is there any chance he back stabs the freys?

chokei

Dec 31, 2011
Zürich
Well, Bran was actually there for that. The thought is he was involved in everything that you see or had something to do with what happened.

Is this a theory out there? If so that would be really stupid IMO. What happened has already happened, and it made sense why it happened even without this supernatural explanation. To tell us now that it all was because of Bran is kind of... redundant. I find this whole visions-thing really cheesy anyway. This show has been soo good now for 5 seasons even without this mind**** stuff.

But if it actually is like that then it also makes sense that Bran was there. He cannot change the past but that's maybe why he has to go there. To make sure that he climbes the tower and that he get's paralyzed.

And I just noticed that Stannis had firm brown hair at the beginning of the show. It probably doesn't mean anything but why didn't they colour it?

NYR89

Jul 29, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Is this a theory out there? If so that would be really stupid IMO. What happened has already happened, and it made sense why it happened even without this supernatural explanation. To tell us now that it all was because of Bran is kind of... redundant. I find this whole visions-thing really cheesy anyway. This show has been soo good now for 5 seasons even without this mind**** stuff.

But if it actually is like that then it also makes sense that Bran was there. He cannot change the past but that's maybe why he has to go there. To make sure that he climbes the tower and that he get's paralyzed.

And I just noticed that Stannis had firm brown hair at the beginning of the show. It probably doesn't mean anything but why didn't they colour it?

Like I said, it was just something a few of us talked about quick. Not sure if it's a "thing". Technically speaking, didn't Hodor become mentally disabled because of Bran in the past?

I personally don't think he can be the reason for everything, but I hope we get to see more of the major flashbacks. I find them incredibly interesting.

kingsholygrail

Predictable 1-2
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
So...Whatever happened to Robert's living ******* smith son? This keeps bothering me because we've never gone back to him as far as I know and he's still around in Kings Landing as far as I know after Davos helped him escape.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I really really hope we don't come to find that Bran is the catalyst for a lot of these important events. I like the Mad King just being... well, mad.

Plus IIRC the Mad King was going bad long before he just started with the whole burn them all thing. He had Ned Stark's father and brother brutally executed. I doubt Bran would knowingly compel him to do such a thing.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
So...Whatever happened to Robert's living ******* smith son? This keeps bothering me because we've never gone back to him as far as I know and he's still around in Kings Landing as far as I know after Davos helped him escape.

I don't see why this bothers everyone. His story was over, and checking in on him afterwards would have been redundant.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

He's still rowing around Blackwater Bay.:sarcasm:

The real answer is that his story was complete and we may never see him again. The only other purpose he could have possibly served is if some rich Lord decided to back him for a claim on the throne.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
I don't see why this bothers everyone. His story was over, and checking in on him afterwards would have been redundant.

But what happens when Maggy the frog's prophecy comes true and Tommen dies? Gendry could make a jump back into the story line, I mean if Benjen can come back after seemingly being lost beyond the wall it's not that far-fetched that Gendry could come back into the story line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad