TV: Game of Thrones | Season 6 | Part VI (NO BOOK DISCUSSION - NO SPOILERS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Damn good question. Didn't mind the overall scene, despite all the criticism it got.
But it went a little bit fast, from sitting on the horse and going ahead to returning on Drogon just a second after that.

Seemed like a bit of time passed, as Eric Bana was getting kinda impatient. I don't think the scene was meant to be run in real time. It's implied that when she said to wait, that the wait would have been more than one second, or one minute. I think Drogon was just on the other side of the hills, she dismounted her horse, mounted Drogon and he took off. All that could have happened in 5 minutes or so, but I doubt the writers wanted to show everyone waiting around for 5 minutes, picking their noses and scratching their bums.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Dont the dragons have spikes running down their spines? Does she ride it like Mr. Garrisons 'It' bike?

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Seemed like a bit of time passed, as Eric Bana was getting kinda impatient. I don't think the scene was meant to be run in real time. It's implied that when she said to wait, that the wait would have been more than one second, or one minute. I think Drogon was just on the other side of the hills, she dismounted her horse, mounted Drogon and he took off. All that could have happened in 5 minutes or so, but I doubt the writers wanted to show everyone waiting around for 5 minutes, picking their noses and scratching their bums.

Considering how they arranged + cut the scene, I just didn't get the feeling of much time having passed.
If they meant to do it like that, they didn't do the best job. Minor complaint though.

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
For the death pool I'm going to go with Arya "a girl has a name" Stark

If you can come up with a better nickname go for it, I couldn't think of anything.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom

This reminds of Top Gear when they were helping direct a car chase scene and Jeremy Clarkson wanted it to be realistic and made them show someone pressing a button down for 10 seconds to de-activate the traction control :laugh:

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
She left it with Gendry.

I always forget about Gendry.

Damn good question. Didn't mind the overall scene, despite all the criticism it got.
But it went a little bit fast, from sitting on the horse and going ahead to returning on Drogon just a second after that.

Pretty much nailed it. I did enjoy the scene, just something I was wondering. Would have worked better with more of a cutaway to another plot line before she returned on Drogon, IMO.

Dont the dragons have spikes running down their spines? Does she ride it like Mr. Garrisons 'It' bike?

The mental image this paints is discomforting.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Mace Tyrell is a stud.

MargaeryTyrell.gif

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Naw, he's got good seeds.

I'll call this season a success if Bran has a vision of young Mace.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Friend of mine had an interesting idea today about Cersei's trial by combat. What if Tommen becomes the champion for the faith? Cersei obviously isn't going to let Tommen get chopped in half by the Mountain, so she would pretty much be forced to confess. High Sparrow wins again.

Or, the other option, HS declares that the trial by combat can't be stopped at this point, convinces Tommen the gods will protect him(because Tommen is stupid), and when Tommen dies with no clear heir, HS takes over for himself.

So either way, High Sparrow wins.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I knew Old Man Tarly kicked ass in the rebellion but didn't know his house was loyal to Tyrells.

Well it's the seven kingdoms and Taly's aren't one of the great houses so I'm pretty sure they are bannermen to the Tyrells, probably the 2nd most powerful house in that region. So kind of like the Bolton's to the Starks, minus the back stabby.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Friend of mine had an interesting idea today about Cersei's trial by combat. What if Tommen becomes the champion for the faith? Cersei obviously isn't going to let Tommen get chopped in half by the Mountain, so she would pretty much be forced to confess. High Sparrow wins again.

Or, the other option, HS declares that the trial by combat can't be stopped at this point, convinces Tommen the gods will protect him(because Tommen is stupid), and when Tommen dies with no clear heir, HS takes over for himself.

So either way, High Sparrow wins.

giphy.gif

That would be amazing. On the other hand the sparrows have the support of the people. It's possible they lose it if they choose the King himself to fight the Mountain. Regardless of what the belief is about the gods guiding the combat, most people will see such a matchup as being patently unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->